This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Fossier is hurt for sure not sure on the other 2. I doubt fossier plays again this year.
    Do you know what Fossiers injury is? I have heard nothing, but probably have missed it.

Comment

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2nd verse same as the first 2016-2017

After 2 season I can't figure out Dane Gibson...I see a talent, but seems at times he takes shifts off, maybe just me...he plays well for parts of games and other times he's in the lineup and you don't know that he even did anything. Talent is one thing...desire is another. He needs to step it up next season imo.
      Last edited by Ma#1ne Hky; 02-19-2017, 11:21 AM.

Comment

At least this year the team can score some goals unlike last year. Bolster up the D and gain a second goalie to Rob will help for next year. Cam and Blaine leaving will hurt, they were fun to watch this year. Overall the team played hard and gave it their best every week, contrary to what the win column reflects.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Really, what difference does it make, 2 or 3 more games at the Whitt? You guys are done just like Maine is. You'll probably be able to get on the golf course sooner is the only difference
          See you on the first tee!! 😉
          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
            Yes Fossier is definitely gone for the year Housakos played last Saturday against Notre Dame could be a healthy scratch but Gibson hasn't been in the lineup since Jan. 21.
            Housakos took one of the two penalties that setup Notre Dame's 5X3 so that might be the reason. Gibson must be hurt.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
              At least this year the team can score some goals unlike last year. Bolster up the D and gain a second goalie to Rob will help for next year. Cam and Blaine leaving will hurt, they were fun to watch this year. Overall the team played hard and gave it their best every week, contrary to what the win column reflects.
              I think Swayman and Binner will make a big difference next year. One of Maine's big problems this year is they really only have one solid d pairing. Schurhamer has given Maine hockey everything he has but with his size its hard for him to defend in certain situations. I think between Hamilton, Michel, Holway, and Binner Maine will have two good pairings. There is no doubt Byron and Brown will be missed and Maine might score a few less goals but I think you will see a lot more 2-1, 3-2 type wins.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                I think Swayman and Binner will make a big difference next year. One of Maine's big problems this year is they really only have one solid d pairing. Schurhamer has given Maine hockey everything he has but with his size its hard for him to defend in certain situations. I think between Hamilton, Michel, Holway, and Binner Maine will have two good pairings. There is no doubt Byron and Brown will be missed and Maine might score a few less goals but I think you will see a lot more 2-1, 3-2 type wins.
                Until Maine shores up there goaltending and by that, solid consistent game to game and not streaky play...then Maine will not be going forward...they'll need McGovern and incoming Swayman to form a tandem...but at the same time we won't know "IF" Swayman is a Shawn Sirman or a Jimmy Howard until he plays. As far as the scoring that is where Gibson/ Robbins/ Fossier/ Vesey will have to pick up the slack along with others that are returning. Defence will still be suspect, thinking that Holway and Michel along with Becker have picked up some insight this season and will have to be the ones to go forward in improving what has been up/down to border line scary in there own end. There's a-lot to "FIX" on this team for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  ........There is no doubt Byron and Brown will be missed and Maine might score a few less goals but I think you will see a lot more 2-1, 3-2 type wins.
                  I think you mean there will be a few more 2-1, 3-1 losses. Instead of finishing 11th in the league they could possibly be as high as 8th. Which would mean home ice for the first time in a few years. However, I think that is a real long shot. Almost forgot, Notre Dame leaving the league will probably result in a different playoff picture.
                  Last edited by Runsub5; 02-19-2017, 01:26 PM. Reason: added comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                    Until Maine shores up there goaltending and by that, solid consistent game to game and not streaky play...then Maine will not be going forward...they'll need McGovern and incoming Swayman to form a tandem...but at the same time we won't know "IF" Swayman is a Shawn Sirman or a Jimmy Howard until he plays. As far as the scoring that is where Gibson/ Robbins/ Fossier/ Vesey will have to pick up the slack along with others that are returning. Defence will still be suspect, thinking that Holway and Michel along with Becker have picked up some insight this season and will have to be the ones to go forward in improving what has been up/down to border line scary in there own end. There's a-lot to "FIX" on this team for next season.
                    Face it, fellas, the whole d*** team is suspect.

There isn't a single aspect of the game that Maine has gotten quite right this year. This is not a quick-fix opportunity we have here by any means; it's going to involve overhauling a systemic breakdown, which will more-than-likely take years, even in the best-case scenario.
                    Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-20-2017, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

There isn't a single aspect of the game that Maine has gotten quite right this year. This is not a quick-fix opportunity we have here by any means; it's going to involve overhauling a systemic breakdown, which will more-than-likely take years, even in the best-case scenario.
                      Its not a pretty picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Its bleek isnt it. However I cant help think with the d players in place next year and the potentials coming in and herner? (Ive lost track what his story is as he became eligible) there is potential if well coached and a better strategy/system in place. The skating, size, hands seem to be okay, the problem seems to be the thinking, decision making, knowing what to do in the circumstance in the d zone under pressure. Periodic mental break downs that get capitalized on.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          ...please do (ruin NU's hopes and dreams that is) Good luck the rest of the way!
                          And as a Merrimack fan, I'm on board with this too!
                          Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                            Almost forgot, Notre Dame leaving the league will probably result in a different playoff picture.
                            Unless the "rumors" are false, I believe that they will try to replace them. I have heard Holy Cross mentioned, and even rumblings of SNHU going to Division 1 - right now they are Div III (NE 10) - which would at some point create a "rivalry" with UNH, since right now their only in-state one is Dartmouth, who is in the ECAC. Who knows? But I don't think it's optimal to stay at an odd number of teams, so at some point I think you will see another addition.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                              Unless the "rumors" are false, I believe that they will try to replace them. I have heard Holy Cross mentioned, and even rumblings of SNHU going to Division 1 - right now they are Div III (NE 10) - which would at some point create a "rivalry" with UNH, since right now their only in-state one is Dartmouth, who is in the ECAC. Who knows? But I don't think it's optimal to stay at an odd number of teams, so at some point I think you will see another addition.
                              Not happening next season and the Conference has said it is not in a hurry as of yet to add a #12 team.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                                Its bleek isnt it. However I cant help think with the d players in place next year and the potentials coming in and herner? (Ive lost track what his story is as he became eligible) there is potential if well coached and a better strategy/system in place. The skating, size, hands seem to be okay, the problem seems to be the thinking, decision making, knowing what to do in the circumstance in the d zone under pressure. Periodic mental break downs that get capitalized on.
                                Everything you've said that they do wrong has been going on from game #1 to now....why would any of this change over the night? And it has been on going since RG took over.

Comment

Working...
                                X