This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    Low Point again...up 3-0...lead goes away and then OT slaps Maine in the face.
    Maine's biggest problem right now is they just don't know how to win.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2nd verse same as the first 2016-2017

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
      ......Road woes continue for Maine.
      Good call.....

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
        Good call.....
        Sadly on that one...but has been the norm for the past few years.

Comment

Sadly on that one...but has been the norm for the past few years.
          Yes. Second consecutive game that Maine gives up the lead and allows 4 unanswered goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            Maine is much, much better this year than last year. It's not even close to be honest.
            That statement is definitely arguable. Maine has had a cupcake OOC schedule this year, and the results, vs. last year, won't be any better in any real sense after you factor-in the relative SOS disparity.

Comment

Anybody have a decent read on what kind of defensive talent Maine has coming on line next fall?

I know about Swayman at goal but I haven't really heard about any D-men.

Comment

Nothing can be said at this point. Bad teams find ways to lose. We used to see it all the time when Maine was good. Now we are on the other side and it ain't fun. Choking would be the commonly used term. I'm not shocked it happened. I would guess tonights result is just a formality at this point. The team knows it can't win on the road even with a 3 goal lead at this point. I actually feel bad for them
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Last opportunity for a regular season win on the road tonight. Maine has lost 5 straight and are 0 - 10 - 3 on the road (2 - 3 - 0 on neutral ice). They could get a win, but I thought their best chance was last night.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Nothing can be said at this point. Bad teams find ways to lose. We used to see it all the time when Maine was good. Now we are on the other side and it ain't fun. Choking would be the commonly used term. I'm not shocked it happened. I would guess tonights result is just a formality at this point. The team knows it can't win on the road even with a 3 goal lead at this point. I actually feel bad for them
                    We were all "spoiled" when Maine was good. Missed those times.

Comment

Agreed. I'd add the cliche that winning and losing are habits. The last two games have conclusively proven that Maine has the talent to be much better than their record shows, they just have found ways to completely waste winning positions. In the offseason they need to spend a lot of time working on the mental side of the game.

Did many people watch the game? I thought the second goal was pretty soft. It seems like Bub will play great and then let in a clanger. Anyone else feel this way? The goal in ot was completely on Michel. The puck was on his stick and he just stood there and let the Merrimack player put it in.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        Agreed. I'd add the cliche that winning and losing are habits. The last two games have conclusively proven that Maine has the talent to be much better than their record shows, they just have found ways to completely waste winning positions. In the offseason they need to spend a lot of time working on the mental side of the game.

Did many people watch the game? I thought the second goal was pretty soft. It seems like Bub will play great and then let in a clanger. Anyone else feel this way? The goal in ot was completely on Michel. The puck was on his stick and he just stood there and let the Merrimack player put it in.
                        McGovern did his part last night, he didn't lose the game for Maine. He was strong in net.

Comment

Red said the team played great in BDN article.
                          http://bangordailynews.com/2017/02/1...-hockey-in-ot/
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Arent we sick of the excuses --- have to finish the game --- have to play 60 minutes. Bla bla bla.

Comment

We were all "spoiled" when Maine was good. Missed those times.
                              Oh yeah I almost forgot!!!!!

Comment

Almost funny but it isn't...just old talk without any merit.

Comment

Working...
                                X