X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2nd verse same as the first 2016-2017

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
    No, not a word. My seats were in first row glass seats. I e-mailed Creech and told him I was disappointed with their ticket pricing at renewal time. The row right behind me and all others received approximately $68.00 decrease in season ticket prices. He did not reply.
    This has been a common refrain I have heard from long time (15+ year) season ticket holders who gave up their seats. Not a single word from the ticket office or athletic department to either retain them or figure out why they were leaving (as obvious as those answers may be).

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
      This has been a common refrain I have heard from long time (15+ year) season ticket holders who gave up their seats. Not a single word from the ticket office or athletic department to either retain them or figure out why they were leaving (as obvious as those answers may be).
      The bizarre thing is that over the last 10 years it has been only 100-200 people a year. You would think someone would have the time to reach out.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        The bizarre thing is that over the last 10 years it has been only 100-200 people a year. You would think someone would have the time to reach out.
        Yes, you would think that from a business and customer satisfaction perspective there would be a follow up. In my case I was sitting on a bench seat without a back. I probably would not have renewed even if someone had contacted me. However, it's just good business practice to make contact with a customer who is no longer contributing money to its program. Who knows, if I had been treated as a loyal fan with a phone call I may have responded differently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
          Yes, you would think that from a business and customer satisfaction perspective there would be a follow up. In my case I was sitting on a bench seat without a back. I probably would not have renewed even if someone had contacted me. However, it's just good business practice to make contact with a customer who is no longer contributing money to its program. Who knows, if I had been treated as a loyal fan with a phone call I may have responded differently.
          They should get rid of all benches except for in the balcony. Theit day has come and gone.

Comment

A little info on Merrimack unbeaten streak before weekend series vs Maine:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...ovacevic-delia
            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Sadly we are in the Don't Care ERA @ The U...years ago this would never happen, but again who cares, big deal....on & on....I would go as far as calling them (UMaine) as a Mickey Mouse Outfit...but then that would be totally UNFAIR to the Mickey Mouse Outfit as they were Organized and had a Plan and much more they had Passion & Pride...which has gone by the way-side a long time ago @ Maine.

Comment

If Maine were at home I might go over. On the road it will be very difficult to get two points. Merrimack appears to be developing as the season progresses. By the way, did anyone else receive a letter from Gendron asking for money? I didn't purchase season tickets this year for the first time in 39 years. Must have got my name off previous subscriber list.
                I got that letter, the claim to fame(and the only on ice claim to fame) for the new Maine hockey is undefeated in the 2015 ice breaker. quite sad
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

If Maine were at home I might go over. On the road it will be very difficult to get two points. Merrimack appears to be developing as the season progresses. By the way, did anyone else receive a letter from Gendron asking for money? I didn't purchase season tickets this year for the first time in 39 years. Must have got my name off previous subscriber list.
                  Amazing that the AD or Red is asking for donations to speed-along their train-wreck... They ought to be offering refunds.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    Amazing that the AD or Red is asking for donations to speed-along their train-wreck... They ought to be offering refunds.
                    Maybe RG should offer his RESIGNATION at the end of this season train wreck. That would be a REFUND.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                      Do you really think less money would help them do a better job? They inherited a mess not of their making and are doing the best they can. I'm sorry to hear you and others aren't satisfied.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                        Interesting. My group had held season tickets to Notre Dame hockey dating back to the WCHA days in the 1970s. We were very visible fans, close to some players and parents of players over the years. For the first time in decades, we did not renew season tickets and no one heard a peep out of the athletic department asking why. A combination of factors led to this decision, including among other things the horrible "modern" environment at Notre Dame's arena, a stagnation of the program's progress since moving into the new building (the last remaining factor -- we were told -- that the coach felt would cement Notre Dame as a title team), the horrible home schedule with far too many buy games against lessor opponents and just an overall feeling that the intimacy that so many enjoyed when the only reason to go to campus on a hockey night was to see a hockey game to one of hockey being a sideshow to some fan of the game or "salute a vet" on the jumbotron over center ice. Notre Dame was a far more successful program in Jackson's first half dozen years playing in one of the worst buildings in college hockey (and for the most part with the previous coaches recruits) than they have been playing in a freeking palace with more creature comforts than pampered college athletes probably deserve. At least you guys got to the top of the heap and have a couple of NCAA title banners to look at and remember. Notre Dame never got there, and my guess is now that they have their on campus palace (which is what the coach really wanted) they never will.
                        Seriously?!?!? This is one of the more pathetic things I've read on this forum. Only a fan of a school like Notre Dame could post something like this. By all accounts Compton is a fantastic facility, probably the best of the many that have opened at D1 schools in recent years. I gotta tell you, if ND doesn't win a national championship, it's not gonna be because they're playing in a state-of-the-art rink that's the envy of most other schools, including my own! Oh to have such problems....

Comment

Do you really think less money would help them do a better job? They inherited a mess not of their making and are doing the best they can. I'm sorry to hear you and others aren't satisfied.
                          What have they done to sell us on a vision of Maine hockey? If the athletic department is going to treat the fans like customers and investors instead of family like it was back in the 80's and 90's, they need to do a better job of being a corporate entity. Investors and customers don't like throwing good money after bad. Family will, but you have to pay them back by treating them like family.

Comment

You must be one of a few ND posters on this forum? I can't seem to recall seeing an active ND thread here for awhile.

I watched ND play Vermont to a 4-4 OT game at Compton Arena a short time ago on television. Beautiful arena. I understand what you are saying, but in the long run I would think that a modern facility would increase attendance and help recruiting. Has game attendance been on the decline since the new arena opened?

I saw the ND vs Maine game on Saturday night. Their a very good defensive team and play their positions well. Good luck the rest of the season.
                            I don't believe there are any active ND-centric posters left on USCHO. CraigP might still occasionally post, but his ties are split between Northeastern and ND. Over the years the others all dropped away, and I rarely post in the hockey threads, maybe once a month -- if that -- during the season.

We have seen a consistent uptick in recruiting since the new arena was announced, and built. But teams with fewer (and often later round) draft picks were far more successful playing in the old arena than what has happened in the CFIA. Game attendance had been declining precipitously until this season when it seems to have leveled off or improved slightly. The place was packed most nights the first season and into the second. But crowds (often far below the official boxscore) are much smaller now than in 2012 or 2013. When the box said there were 5000 people in the place in 2013, there were 5000 people there. Last season there were boxscores that said 4500 showed up and there may have been 2500 actually in the building. As I have been posting for years now (and it isn't just at Notre Dame) boxscores are not necessarily tickets sold or tickets scanned. They are often complete lies. The newness of the building and recent success fueled big crowds and sellouts. But it isn't new anymore, and after winning NCAA games in 3 of the final 5 seasons in the old building, the team has yet to win one in the five completed seasons in the CFIA.

I simply miss the intimacy of the old building, the effort the team gave there more often than not, and how people showed up there because there was a hockey game. It's one of the reasons college sports used to be (and in some places in some sports) so much more fun than pro sports.

Comment

Thing is, Drew, the mess they inherited, they have made much, much worse. That is what is so discouraging.

Comment

Money talks...yes it does...but doing the job at hand also counts, and do you think after 4 years that RG has this Program pointed in the right direction? Have you seen progress? Has the recruiting improved? The on ice play, improved or do we see the lack of discipline over and over...either through penalty's or forgetting who should be on the ice during a important time in the game. No accountability is the theme most nights. Comes off negative and why not...just because some of us don't follow the parade off the cliff does not mean we don't care...instead we do, and enough is enough...period. He was hired to improve and set the stage for a turn around, but instead we hear and read excuses...and the lets get big, bigger, biggest...in size...why not go with talent from small/medium and yes big...but bring in talent with heart and grit and old time work ethic and last but not least taking pride in the front of that hockey sweater that says: M A I N E.

Comment

Working...
                                X