X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2nd verse same as the first 2016-2017

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    I'm thinking sarcasm was being used here.
    Nothing gets by Wally
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I'm thinking sarcasm was being used here.
      Yes and no if you get my drift.

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
        Have to eat at Pat's Pizza before or after game one of the games. Good pizza, but it's just an iconic place. There's a pulley system that brings orders up and down from the downstairs bar to the upstairs counter and booths.

Margaritas, Roost and Bear Brew are all good college bars and turn into a college-only crowd after 10 p.m., but all have good food (and drinks). Bear Brew has great wings. Roost has cheap wings and cheap beers. Margaritas has surprisingly good Mexican food for a chain.

Governor's is a staple for breakfast, but I think it's overrated. Tim Horton's is right next to it for some good coffee. It's in Old Town where the first four places I mentioned are right in downtown Orono.

I'd recommend any of the Marriott chain hotels off of 187 in Bangor, but the University Inn is in between downtown and the rink which makes it easy if there are still rooms available. The rooms obviously aren't as nice as a Marriott, but it's got some charm to it. It's walking distance to rink if you're young.

If you fly into/out of Portland, try to make a pit stop in the Old Port. Good seafood, right on the water, some cool places, especially before it gets cold as there are outdoor seating options at a bunch. And for a Boston guy like me, it's nice because it's half the price of Boston and just as good or better than many of the Boston seafood places.

Freeport has some outlets (including L.L. Bean) if you're looking for a place to go shopping between Portland and Orono.

Acadia National Forest, Bar Harbor, Mount Katahdin are good spots to go sight seeing all within a 1-2 hour drive of Orono. If you're with the lady friend, there are some good apple picking places just outside of Orono.
        This is a great list! Thanks to everyone's suggestions, we booked a hotel just to be safe. Acadia is a must do and I think we might even go to the football game as well. We are flying in Thursday so we'll have time to hit Acadia Friday.

Tim Horton's in town? I'm there

I can't wait to make this trip as Alfond is at the top of my list of arenas to visit out east. Can't believe UMD and Maine are going to play!
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          This is a great list! Thanks to everyone's suggestions, we booked a hotel just to be safe. Acadia is a must do and I think we might even go to the football game as well. We are flying in Thursday so we'll have time to hit Acadia Friday.

Tim Horton's in town? I'm there

I can't wait to make this trip as Alfond is at the top of my list of arenas to visit out east. Can't believe UMD and Maine are going to play!

I'm going to add Geaghan's Pub in Bangor (right off I-395, which can be accessed via I-95). Great food and IMO the best craft beer in the area. One of the owners is an old friend of mine from high school. It's a great little Irish pub.

Looking forward to seeing the Bulldogs come out here

Comment

Pro Hockey Rumors has Blaine Bryon along with 23 other College Hockey Seniors who have opted the Free Agency route, these players can sign a NHL deal tomorrow (August 15th)...will be interesting to see where Bryon decides after opting out from his Draft Team the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Comment

Byron is still on the roster if you look at goblackbears.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

If you sent them $100 I bet they would let you look at the new roster.

Comment

And if you check Hockey East online....Steve Abbott is still the AD

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                    And if you check Hockey East online....Steve Abbott is still the AD
                    I don't know enough about the football team but is there current roster up?

I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I don't know enough about the football team but is there current roster up?

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                        Now that we have some talk about the upcoming season...what if anything do we know about a solid for sure ROSTER..? Should know more in coming week or weeks..? I have down these recruits coming in, maybe all or just some..? >> Recruits Forwards, Westerlund-Holesinky-Tralmarks...D-men, Keeper-Spicer-Binner-Tiuraniemi...Goaltender, Swayman. I have heard or has been said that Adam Dawe (forward) is not coming this fall...yes-no? We have RED-SHIRT D-man Oliver Herner and the two Transfers, Forwards Doherty (Brown) and Pieper (Quinnipiac).
                        Current recruits for this season can be found at link below. I haven't heard anything about Hock and Quinlivan. If they are in Orono I would suspect walk on or academic scholarship. I heard Tiuraniemi is still waiting to be cleared by NCAA but honestly I am not too confident in the source.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1178582265
                        UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
                          Current recruits for this season can be found at link below. I haven't heard anything about Hock and Quinlivan. If they are in Orono I would suspect walk on or academic scholarship. I heard Tiuraniemi is still waiting to be cleared by NCAA but honestly I am not too confident in the source.

Hock is definitely in.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post

THANK's

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              Hock is definitely in.
                              Did see Hock on the spread sheet.

Comment

Looks like New Jersey, Ottawa, Buffalo, and Vegas are interested in Byron

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Todd-...yron/159/86933
                                UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Working...
                                X