This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    Ryan McLaughlin posted in the Facebook group that Coach told Larry Minnesota-Duluth is coming to Alfond Arena next year. He also confirmed Miami will be here for a pair. It will be the first visit by Miami since the Dexter Classic in 1993 and UMD's first since January 1988.
    Random schedule question...if Maine is still going to play some teams all home or all away, will the draw for the four random games be setup to not allow all three games home or away against one team?

I hope they don't go overboard with the Portland games again this year.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      Random schedule question...if Maine is still going to play some teams all home or all away, will the draw for the four random games be setup to not allow all three games home or away against one team?

I hope they don't go overboard with the Portland games again this year.
      I would certainly hope that is a factor. For example, Maine should be playing two at UMA next season. If they are scheduled for two extra I would hope they are in Orono. However I have heard nothing to indicate that either way.

Comment

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2nd verse same as the first 2016-2017

As far as Portland goes, just play the UNH game there and be done with it.

In the three games in Portland the average attendance was 4370 (65% capacity) and the atmosphere was abysmal.
        15 games at Alfond averaged 4763 (93% capacity). Dump Portland.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

In the three games in Portland the average attendance was 4370 (65% capacity) and the atmosphere was abysmal.
          Ive been saying that for three years. Home ice is orono.

Comment

Bump to move Asian spam off first page.

Comment

Bump
              Originally posted by mookie1995
              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

Or, if you are coming to Portland, actually advertise it down here.

Comment

Optimists vs. Pessimists is Larry's article in Bangor Daily news. 3 straight seasons with at least 20 losses is unacceptable. Gendron quote, "I know next year will be an outstanding year for our program".

Here's the article.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/03/0...246c2-82709093

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                    Optimists vs. Pessimists is Larry's article in Bangor Daily news. 3 straight seasons with at least 20 losses is unacceptable. Gendron quote, "I know next year will be an outstanding year for our program".

Here's the article.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/03/0...246c2-82709093
                    It was encouraging to hear that Doherty and Pieper should help. I don't think we can expect much from Herner. Maybe he will develop but who knows. It will be interesting to see what they do with all the recruits. Bhall mentioned that Dawe was deferring and now Tralmaks could as well. At some point they are going to have to part with either recruits or kids on the team.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
                      As of right now, Adam Dawe (according to news release from SJHL) & Brent Hill are not coming to Orono next year. For now expect Swayman to come next fall unless another netminder is picked up which would push hime back to 2018. Keeper is difficult to project in NCAA at this point, he certainly has the ability to benefit on the Power Play, defensive ability at this level yet to be determined. Binner certainly and Spicer probably would have started for Maine this year. As for UNH, they have a done a good job recruiting incoming blueliners for their system. Liam Darcy especially will be very good in Umile's system.

UNH is going to have a hard time scoring goals next year IMO. I won't be surprised if they join UMass in the basement.

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                        UNH is going to have a hard time scoring goals next year IMO. I won't be surprised if they join UMass in the basement.
                        Impossible to make that assessment. BU had (supposedly) the "#1" recruiting class in the country this year, finished SEVENTH in Hockey East in goals scored and tied for first place because they led the league in goals against. Point being that the whole may be greater or less than the sum of the parts.

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                          Well of course I am mega biased towards the 'Cats but I doubt they will have a "hard time". I think it will be a major adjustment with the loss of Tyler K of course...but they will come along. Guess we'll find out.
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                            Impossible to make that assessment. BU had (supposedly) the "#1" recruiting class in the country this year, finished SEVENTH in Hockey East in goals scored and tied for first place because they led the league in goals against. Point being that the whole may be greater or less than the sum of the parts.
                            Totally agree. That being said...UNH will feel the loss of Tyler K. But I think they will be ok once they work it out. Basement in HE is relative when you talk about the teams from 8 on down anyway. Good point about BU.
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

UMD will be visiting Maine in late October. Hoping to make the trip and check off a trip off my college hockey bucket list!
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

October 27&28 will be the UMD series. That leaves @RPI @Quinnipiac and vs Miami to schedule. Homecoming weekend is 13&14. If I were a betting man I'd say Miami comes that weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X