X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2nd verse same as the first 2016-2017

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
    But what we think about the format isn't the point, NCAA and HEA decide the rules, and if they want to give teams like Maine a chance to go on a run, then that's their initiative, no matter the motive, and we should just sit back and enjoy the minimum of two Maine games we have left until October.
    That's like saying that the NCAA is some unstoppable force of Nature that we are forced to accept, which isn't the case. We ticket-buying fans are the only reason that NCAA hockey even exists.

Hey, I like the conference tourneys; the more hockey, the better. I just think that there shouldn't be an AQ in the offing, especially for teams that wouldn't be within a mile of a bid on the basis of the RS.

I say go ahead and play the tournaments and keep factoring that data into the PWR, which would make the games meaningful to a bunch of teams who have actually earned legitimate contender-status.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-28-2017, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
      Team record last 4 years.

2013-2014 Overall = 16-15-4 (.514); Conference = 9-8-3 (.525); Goals/Game = 2.91; Opponents = 2.97
      2014-2015 Overall = 14-22-3 ( .397); Conference = 8-12-2 (.409); Goals/Game = 2.77; Opponents = 3.26
      2015-2016 Overall = 8-24-6 ( .289); Conference = 5-15-2 (.273); Goals/Game = 2.00; Opponents = 3.39
      2016-2017 Overall = 11-19-4 (.382 ) Conference = 5-15-2 (.273); Goals/Game = 2.97; Opponents = 3.38
      Team defense was better this year. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        Hey, I like the conference tourneys; the more hockey, the better. I just think that there shouldn't be an AQ in the offing, especially for teams that wouldn't be within a mile of a bid on the basis of the RS.

I say go ahead and play the tournaments and keep factoring that data into the PWR, which would make the games meaningful to a bunch of teams who have actually earned legitimate contender-status.
        I think there should be an AQ, but I don't believe everybody should make the conference tourneys. A team should have to earn its invitation. At the end of the regular season this year, only one single DI hockey team will absolutely, positively not be going to play in the national tourney. All those games to eliminate one team. That could actually make it in the future if they play well enough to deserve it, in which case all those regular season games would eliminate exactly nobody.
        bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
        SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
        All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
        A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
          I think there should be an AQ, but I don't believe everybody should make the conference tourneys. A team should have to earn its invitation. At the end of the regular season this year, only one single DI hockey team will absolutely, positively not be going to play in the national tourney. All those games to eliminate one team. That could actually make it in the future if they play well enough to deserve it, in which case all those regular season games would eliminate exactly nobody.
          If there are going to be AQ's, at least award them to the RS champions.

And it's really the case that only one D-1 team is eliminated now..? Wow, that fact just makes a complete mockery of the nearly 2000 RS games played so far.
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-01-2017, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
            And it's really the case that only one D-1 team is eliminated now..? Wow, that fact just makes a complete mockery of the nearly 2000 RS games played so far.
            The WCHA does the right thing by only allowing the top 8 teams in their tournament. Alabama Huntsville and UAA have finished their seasons too.

Comment

Bump to get all the Asian spam off the front page.

Comment

Well done Blaine Byron second team hockey east. He had a great season and it is thoroughly deserved.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  Well done Blaine Byron second team hockey east. He had a great season and it is thoroughly deserved.
                  He played really well last few months
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

He has had a great 4-years and may be the most underrated player in the league. You are only as good as the players you play with.

Comment

You know that was just the columnists vote (which isn't counted since awards are based on coaches vote
                      BS UMass Lowell 2015
                      PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                        You know that was just the columnists vote (which isn't counted since awards are based on coaches vote
                        When do the awards come out? It's a crime if he doesn't make it.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                          Team defense was better this year. 😉
                          Yes, tremendous improvement.

Comment

When do the awards come out? It's a crime if he doesn't make it.
                            Thursday before the Garden
                            BS UMass Lowell 2015
                            PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Here's some unbounded optimism for ya. Maine sweeps Vermont in two , then takes two out of three from UMLto advance to the Gahdin.. All Astro signs are in perfect alignment
                              sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                                Here's some unbounded optimism for ya. Maine sweeps Vermont in two , then takes two out of three from UMLto advance to the Gahdin.. All Astro signs are in perfect alignment
                                Go for it you guys! Hey, I saw Maine (on a few occasions this season) play a great game against UConn at FF...put together a couple of those and you never know. And, having alittle faith doesn't hurt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKh6XxYbbIc

Good luck and as they say....'have a day'!!
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X