Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maine wins 2 to 1. UMass dominated the last 30 minutes, Rob won the game for maine. UMass blew by maine all night.

Over/under, 1, number of games maine wins the rest of the season?
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2nd verse same as the first 2016-2017

At least Robs playing great.

I'll say they get at least 3 points the rest of the way but I'm not taking the over on Wallys 1 win

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
      43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
      104-47-14 (.669) in that time
      3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

They have at PC for 2, Notre dame at portland and I guess Alfond. 2 at MC and then 2 at home with Northeastern. Realistically no chance at PC, none nada. Might get a win against Notre Dame maybe even 3 points? MC just beat BU twice so nothing at MC. Split with NU is possible. so maybe 5 points?

Comment

Robs overall record is 9-9-3, not bad considering how bad the team D is

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            They have at PC for 2, Notre dame at portland and I guess Alfond. 2 at MC and then 2 at home with Northeastern. Realistically no chance at PC, none nada. Might get a win against Notre Dame maybe even 3 points? MC just beat BU twice so nothing at MC. Split with NU is possible. so maybe 5 points?
            Wow, that's a tough finishing schedule! I see you guys maybe tying ND at Alfond, but the 3 other teams are all super hot right now. Thus, don't see you beating NU, even at home. Any points at all are gonna be a bonus.

Comment

Road games are a horror show for Maine, if any thing in a shape of wins/ties will come at home (maybe). @PC/2 losses - vs Notre Dame @Portland/loss, Home vs. Notre Dame loss - @Merrimack/split=win-loss -Home vs NU/Tie-loss. 1-6-1?

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                Wow, that's a tough finishing schedule! I see you guys maybe tying ND at Alfond, but the 3 other teams are all super hot right now. Thus, don't see you beating NU, even at home. Any points at all are gonna be a bonus.
                Anything is tough for this team. I wouldn't be shocked if they went 0 - 8 . After watching this weekend, I wouldn't be shocked if instead of 11th place, maine finishes dead last next year. UMASS was all over maine last night. Goaltending was the difference
                Last edited by walrus; 01-29-2017, 09:05 AM.

Comment

I hope they can steal something somewhere, finishing with a 10 game losing streak would be a death knell.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                  43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                  104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                  3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Anything is tough for this team. I wouldn't be shocked if they went 0 - 8 . After watching this weekend, I wouldn't be shocked if instead of 11th place, maine finishes dead last next year. UMASS was all over maine last night. Goaltending was the difference
                    I'm going out on a limb and predicting a split next weekend. I think Maine is going to shock everyone and steal a game. After that I don't think the schedule is that tough, although Merrimack and Northeastern are definitely in form right now. I'm predicting 3-5 over the final eight games.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I wouldn't be shocked if they went 0-8, and I wouldn't be shocked if they win 3 or 4, either.

Thing is, it doesn't matter one way or the other. This is yet another season in the Gendron Era that is completely irrelevant. That's the sad part.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                        I wouldn't be shocked if they went 0-8, and I wouldn't be shocked if they win 3 or 4, either.

Thing is, it doesn't matter one way or the other. This is yet another season in the Gendron Era that is completely irrelevant. That's the sad part.
                        I would be totally shocked if they won 3 or 4. I'll go out on a limb and say forget about it

Comment

I would be totally shocked if they won 3 or 4. I'll go out on a limb and say forget about it
                          Certainly wouldn't bet against you on that one. A blind hog finds an acorn only occasionally, not half the time.

My over/under prediction of 12 wins this year might actually hold water.
                          Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-29-2017, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Put a fork in 'em.
                            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                              Put a fork in 'em.
                              The Coaches and Media Polls did in late September.

Comment

They have 10 games to play, if we are lucky 11

Just think, next year may be worse

Comment

Working...
                                X