This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
    Anyone receive their season ticket renewal yet?
    They should be out sometime around Thanksgiving.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2nd verse same as the first 2016-2017

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      That wouldn't surprise me at all. They sent the football renewals out 4 days before they had to be renewed by.
      When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
        That wouldn't surprise me at all. They sent the football renewals out 4 days before they had to be renewed by.
        Yes they are just NOT on the ball anymore, I never received my FB renewal application form and ended up calling the Ticket Office...had I not done so the season tickets in football would have been sold to others.

Comment

I have hockey season tickets/donation seats, and they had no problem sending out my BILL, they charged me the 2nd week in May...I have never paid for my tickets ever in May before. AND when you call for info....it's 50-50 that you get someone that you know that understands what's going on...pretty POOR way to do Business.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
            Anyone receive their season ticket renewal yet?
            I spoke with a gentlemen in this ticket office today and he said the renewals were just sent out in the mail and that they should be arriving in the coming days.
            UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maine Event View Post
              FWIW, I still haven't seen any official communication on it yet, but the players showing on the splash screen announcing the 2017-2018 schedule on goblackbears.com are Hamilton, Vesey (in the middle), & Lacroix. Can one assume that Vesey will wear the 'C' and Hamilton & Lacroix will each wear an 'A'?
              Makes sense. It would be a giant leap for Vesey. Maybe this would help him motivate and excel to the next level. Which the team will need.

I wonder if RG wants the team to get some ice time in august and see who steps up for leadership?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
                I spoke with a gentlemen in this ticket office today and he said the renewals were just sent out in the mail and that they should be arriving in the coming days.
                Thank you!
                When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                  Yes they are just NOT on the ball anymore, I never received my FB renewal application form and ended up calling the Ticket Office...had I not done so the season tickets in football would have been sold to others.
                  It’s my understanding there has been some personnel changes there and is currently having some difficulties.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                    It’s my understanding there has been some personnel changes there and is currently having some difficulties.
                    I have given mine up, so it doesn't affect me at all. In past years however the renewal and money were usually due back to the ticket office by the end of July. As you say they must have some management or technical problems.

Comment

I guess season ticket renewals were finally sent out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

ANYONE donating money to the Friends of Maine Hockey (FOMH) should be asking questions ON WHERE there money is going and it is not going to hockey program but to the GENERAL Sports Programs...and who is directing that money there but NONE other then the AD Creech...and if you don't trust or believe this post, ask questions to a FOMH member or to the AD...Mr. Creech.....you know the guy that thinks the Program and the game is SO GREAT. All I can say is when I found out they (Maine Hockey/FOMH and other Donations to the Hockey Program) will NEVER get another cent/dollars from me, until this AD is DONE running (or should that be ruining) the Hockey Program..."IF" money is donated to a certain PROGRAM then that's where it should go (imo).....but then go out and ASK THE QUESTIONS where your donation money is going. And be ready to hear a line....................

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                          ANYONE donating money to the Friends of Maine Hockey (FOMH) should be asking questions ON WHERE there money is going and it is not going to hockey program but to the GENERAL Sports Programs...and who is directing that money there but NONE other then the AD Creech...and if you don't trust or believe this post, ask questions to a FOMH member or to the AD...Mr. Creech.....you know the guy that thinks the Program and the game is SO GREAT. All I can say is when I found out they (Maine Hockey/FOMH and other Donations to the Hockey Program) will NEVER get another cent/dollars from me, until this AD is DONE running (or should that be ruining) the Hockey Program..."IF" money is donated to a certain PROGRAM then that's where it should go (imo).....but then go out and ASK THE QUESTIONS where your donation money is going. And be ready to hear a line....................
                          I really don't have a problem with this. At least the current administration is realistic, understands the total landscape of Division I athletics, and is investing in programs with the great revenue potential (i.e. football and basketball). We could throw all the money in the world at the hockey program, but unless there's a new building involved, it's just a waste.

Comment

• Originally posted by dunbar View Post
                            I really don't have a problem with this. At least the current administration is realistic, understands the total landscape of Division I athletics, and is investing in programs with the great revenue potential (i.e. football and basketball). We could throw all the money in the world at the hockey program, but unless there's a new building involved, it's just a waste.
                            What revenue potential is there with football and basketball? I know schools at the top of both sports are making shed loads of money, but can't imagine there is much for the level Maine is at.

Is FOMH gone? I got the email the other day asking for volunteers, but it wasn't really clear what exactly they were asking people to do. I'm with Maine Hky that these changes are bad and will drive more people away from the program.

Comment

What revenue potential is there with football and basketball? I know schools at the top of both sports are making shed loads of money, but can't imagine there is much for the level Maine is at.

Is FOMH gone? I got the email the other day asking for volunteers, but it wasn't really clear what exactly they were asking people to do. I'm with Maine Hky that these changes are bad and will drive more people away from the program.
                              Vermont earned America East $1.7 million just by making the NCAA MBB Tournament, and that's with an automatic bid. Not to mention, each game played in the Big Dance is worth $1.7 million. The NCAA recommends that leagues distribute it evenly between each institution, but that doesn't necessarily happen (IMO, nor should it). Men's basketball and football has guarantee games that hockey can only dream of.

From an ticket revenue standpoint, the University has experienced a 44.2% decrease in that department over the past ten years. Yet, football has seen a 44.6% increase in average season attendance (5488 in 2007 to 7937 last year) in that same time frame. The University would be foolish not to market and invest in the hotter product.

Comment

Originally posted by dunbar View Post
                                Vermont earned America East $1.7 million just by making the NCAA MBB Tournament, and that's with an automatic bid. Not to mention, each game played in the Big Dance is worth $1.7 million. The NCAA recommends that leagues distribute it evenly between each institution, but that doesn't necessarily happen (IMO, nor should it). Men's basketball and football has guarantee games that hockey can only dream of.

From an ticket revenue standpoint, the University has experienced a 44.2% decrease in that department over the past ten years. Yet, football has seen a 44.6% increase in average season attendance (5488 in 2007 to 7937 last year) in that same time frame. The University would be foolish not to market and invest in the hotter product.
                                Maine isn't making the NCAA tourney anytime soon. MBB is completely in the wilderness. The scary part is I think Walsh is actually a good coach, kids just don't want to come to Maine. Is there any money in WBB? I could be wrong, but I believe the guarantee games in football are going away in the next year or two. Attendance is up, but they play a lot fewer games and the tickets are much cheaper. Creech knows football and basketball more than hockey so it would make sense for him to favor those sports.

Is FOMH definitely gone?

Comment

Working...
                                X