X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2nd verse same as the first 2016-2017

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
    Arent we sick of the excuses --- have to finish the game --- have to play 60 minutes. Bla bla bla.
    Get used to it, tomorrow will be a new one...and then next weekend and then we will be spared as the season will come to a halt with a 2 game playoff loss. And then the end of the season things will be much better in 2017-18 season.

Comment

Congratulations to Blaine for reaching 100 pts.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Red said the team played great in BDN article.
        http://bangordailynews.com/2017/02/1...-hockey-in-ot/
        It's hard to disagree with what he said. Need to figure out a way to close out games.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          It's hard to disagree with what he said. Need to figure out a way to close out games.
          They played such a great game they blew a 3 goal lead and then a 2 goal lead with 6 minutes left and then lost in OT.
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Why will it be any better?

Comment

Go figure, Maine up 2-0 after one

Comment

I just can't even imagine how frustrating it must be for you guys watching this team. Whoever said they "don't know how to win" apparently has hit the nail on the head. It's not as if they are getting blown out or "overwhelmed" by superior talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  I just can't even imagine how frustrating it must be for you guys watching this team. Whoever said they "don't know how to win" apparently has hit the nail on the head. It's not as if they are getting blown out or "overwhelmed" by superior talent.
                  It usually is the case with that person Tonight's game was a lot of fun even though Maine didn't get the win.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                    Congratulations to Blaine for reaching 100 pts.
                    He has really been a standout for his entire Maine career, while having very little help along the way.

I can see him working for NHL money at some point fairly soon.
                    Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-18-2017, 10:45 PM.

Comment

They didn't lose anyway. Another frustrating game, on a positive note they can play with most teams, on the frustrating side, they just can't close them out. Got a chance to ruin NUs hope and dreams, hopefully they do that at home

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        Having been at the 4-4 game last night it is certainly understandable to see why we can not close out a game. Entire team starts to panic. One mistake and inability to clear the puck when a player has time turns into another and it looks like the whole team is playing with a hand grenade! And to Merrimack's credit, and I am sure it is the case with other teams, they simply smell blood and are aggressive on the forecheck. This is when you need someone to step up, get the puck on their stick and take control. Maine actually played very good for large portions of the game and generated many chances. It would have been nice to close on the road with a win, but credit to them for the compete level.

Will miss the hustle of Cam Brown and the skill of Blaine Byron. In challenging times they stayed and gave Maine fans some things to cheer about. Can anyone provide me with info on Fossier, Gibson, and Housakos? Assuming they all are out due to injury? Maine actually skated 11 forwards and 7 D last night as Cochrane played instead of Pappalardo. Depth still an issue, but I liked what I saw of Hoglund and depth should be improved next year.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          They didn't lose anyway. Another frustrating game, on a positive note they can play with most teams, on the frustrating side, they just can't close them out. Got a chance to ruin NUs hope and dreams, hopefully they do that at home
                          ...please do (ruin NU's hopes and dreams that is) Good luck the rest of the way!
                          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                            Having been at the 4-4 game last night it is certainly understandable to see why we can not close out a game. Entire team starts to panic. One mistake and inability to clear the puck when a player has time turns into another and it looks like the whole team is playing with a hand grenade! And to Merrimack's credit, and I am sure it is the case with other teams, they simply smell blood and are aggressive on the forecheck. This is when you need someone to step up, get the puck on their stick and take control. Maine actually played very good for large portions of the game and generated many chances. It would have been nice to close on the road with a win, but credit to them for the compete level.

Will miss the hustle of Cam Brown and the skill of Blaine Byron. In challenging times they stayed and gave Maine fans some things to cheer about. Can anyone provide me with info on Fossier, Gibson, and Housakos? Assuming they all are out due to injury? Maine actually skated 11 forwards and 7 D last night as Cochrane played instead of Pappalardo. Depth still an issue, but I liked what I saw of Hoglund and depth should be improved next year.
                            Fossier is hurt for sure not sure on the other 2. I doubt fossier plays again this year.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                              ...please do (ruin NU's hopes and dreams that is) Good luck the rest of the way!
                              Really, what difference does it make, 2 or 3 more games at the Whitt? You guys are done just like Maine is. You'll probably be able to get on the golf course sooner is the only difference

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post

Yes Fossier is definitely gone for the year Housakos played last Saturday against Notre Dame could be a healthy scratch but Gibson hasn't been in the lineup since Jan. 21.

Comment

Working...
                                X