Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know much about DU but how many players did jimmy bring in on that team? I would assume most were already lined up.?
    Next how many guys on maine could play for either team, not many is what I saw.
    That was a great game, fun to watch. Speed, physical, good goaltending, no one rolled over. All the things we haven't seen in years.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2nd verse same as the first 2016-2017

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Don't know much about DU but how many players did jimmy bring in on that team? I would assume most were already lined up.?
      That was a great game, fun to watch. Speed, physical, good goaltending, no one rolled over. All the things we haven't seen in years.
      He's been there as long as red has been here, and everyone's so fond of pointing out that Red has finally gotten most of his own players in, so I'd assume the same with Denver. Lukosevicious is one of his as was mentioned in one of the articles.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        He's been there as long as red has been here, and everyone's so fond of pointing out that Red has finally gotten most of his own players in, so I'd assume the same with Denver. Lukosevicious is one of his as was mentioned in one of the articles.
        He had the hat trick? Pretty impressed with DU. They are fun to watch. Jimmy did well for sure. Wonder if nhl comes calling? Seems like a no brainer.

Comment

Don't know much about DU but how many players did jimmy bring in on that team? I would assume most were already lined up.?
          Three of the top four scorers were Gwozdecky recruits(including the hobey baker winner). It looks like maybe a third of the team was from him. I'm really happy for Jimmy but in some ways this is similar to the Red Sox in 2004. Theo made some great moves but Dan Duquette never gets anywhere close to the credit he deserves.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Yeah, they play a fun style to watch. But guess you gotta have skills to be able to play that style, as well as a bunch of kids with hockey smarts.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              Three of the top four scorers were Gwozdecky recruits(including the hobey baker winner). It looks like maybe a third of the team was from him. I'm really happy for Jimmy but in some ways this is similar to the Red Sox in 2004. Theo made some great moves but Dan Duquette never gets anywhere close to the credit he deserves.
              He still had to Coach the Team...and has done so quite well over the last four years...whomever the players are you have to push the buttons to make a team click at the rate that Denver has in the last four years...and that's 4 NCAA's and one National Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                Yeah, they play a fun style to watch. But guess you gotta have skills to be able to play that style, as well as a bunch of kids with hockey smarts.
                Recruiting is the name of the game and players that what and buy into the Coaches system. Montgomery and his Assistants have recruited well and with also recruits from the last Staff...he still had to make them play and that's what he did...he's a Coach and there's no arguing that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  And the top three of four on Maine were TIMMAY's. What's your point?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    And the top three of four on Maine were TIMMAY's. What's your point?
                    Timmy's 3 wouldn't make the 4th line on either DU or umd

Comment

Timmy's 3 wouldn't make the 4th line on either DU or umd
                      And that's where we are. Four years later, and still the three top scorers on a bad team.

Comment

He had the hat trick? Pretty impressed with DU. They are fun to watch. Jimmy did well for sure. Wonder if nhl comes calling? Seems like a no brainer.
                        Wally, Monty interviewed with Calgary last summer before deciding to stay with Denver. The NHL regular season ends today, and I'm guessing, there will be some firings which occur because certain teams did not make the playoffs. Jim Montgomery figures to be a leading candidate for an NHL head coaching job in light of the firings which will take place.

While I will be disappointed when Montgomery leaves for what I think will be an inevitable offer from an NHL team [whenever that may be], I will not be surprised when he leaves. Montgomery came into a difficult situation when he replaced George Gwozdecky--a coach who had won two NCAA titles as Denver's coach. Nevertheless, Montgomery took what was already a strong program and made it even stronger. While following Gwozdecky was a tough act, I think following Montgomery will be even tougher. He has done splendid job in leading the Pioneers' program.
                        sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Rumor has it he will be coaching the Florida Panthers, but that is only a rumor. He didn't quiet NHL speculation last night, saying that it was his fourth year and he felt like he was graduating with his seniors.

Comment

Furthering the Maine connections with Denver ... serving a coaching consultant to Jim Montgomery has been Grant Standbrook. They were also together when Montgomery coached at Dubuque in the USHL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                              Recruiting is the name of the game and players that what and buy into the Coaches system. Montgomery and his Assistants have recruited well and with also recruits from the last Staff...he still had to make them play and that's what he did...he's a Coach and there's no arguing that point.
                              Id almost say, if red was coaching the du players and monty was coaching maines players, reds team would limp into the ncaa's coming in at 16, and monty would have gotten maine darn close but in top twenty for sure. The importance of coaching, inspiring, teaching, gaining respect and trust in the style.
                              Last edited by NorthMike; 04-09-2017, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
                                Wally, Monty interviewed with Calgary last summer before deciding to stay with Denver. The NHL regular season ends today, and I'm guessing, there will be some firings which occur because certain teams did not make the playoffs. Jim Montgomery figures to be a leading candidate for an NHL head coaching job in light of the firings which will take place.

While I will be disappointed when Montgomery leaves for what I think will be an inevitable offer from an NHL team [whenever that may be], I will not be surprised when he leaves. Montgomery came into a difficult situation when he replaced George Gwozdecky--a coach who had won two NCAA titles as Denver's coach. Nevertheless, Montgomery took what was already a strong program and made it even stronger. While following Gwozdecky was a tough act, I think following Montgomery will be even tougher. He has done splendid job in leading the Pioneers' program.
                                If he leaves at least he got DU another banner to raise.

Comment

Working...
                                X