• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2nd verse same as the first 2016-2017

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Some Finnish dman who was going to Miami is coming to Maine instead

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Tiuraniemi had 3 goals and 19 assists while playing for Dubuque in the USHL. Currently in the playoffs with 1 goal and 3 assists in 6 games.

Comment

That sounds pretty good

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Maine - Miami - Maine - Miami. Perhaps the Finn thinks they are the same place?

Comment

Are you getting your homecoming weekend back for hockey? Ohio State's reporting they're playing RPI on the same weekend you're supposed to be playing RPI.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Are you getting your homecoming weekend back for hockey? Ohio State's reporting they're playing RPI on the same weekend you're supposed to be playing RPI.
            The month of October's home games are: Oct.6th-7th versus UConn - Oct.20th-21st versus Miami/Ohio - Oct.27th-28th versus Minnesota/Duluth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
              The month of October's home games are: Oct.6th-7th versus UConn - Oct.20th-21st versus Miami/Ohio - Oct.27th-28th versus Minnesota/Duluth.
              OK, I figured we'd have moved. The only place I see that is feasible is 17-18 November, unless we cancelled on account of the coaching change. Sure, we both have 15-16 December open, but we usually don't play then because the kids are busy with final exams. Anything from your end?

Comment

I believe the games at RPI on October 13-14 originated from a Larry Mahoney/BDN article dated "March 21, 2017" in which he states: "The Black Bears also are scheduled to host Miami University (Ohio) of the NCHC on Oct. 20 and 21 and visit Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (Oct. 13-14) and Quinnipiac (Dec. 8-9) of the ECAC." I'm not sure of his source, but a lot could have happened since then.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/03/2...t-next-season/

Comment

It's possible Maine could play RPI for the Belpot Trophy on November 25th in Northern Ireland
                  Last edited by Runsub5; 05-06-2017, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                    It's possible Maine could play RPI for the Belpot Trophy on November 25th in Northern Ireland
                    This is true, however it was also announced there'd be a return trip to Troy. I don't know if this is still going to be the case with the coaching change (I assume it would be), so that's what we're trying to figure out.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      This is true, however it was also announced there'd be a return trip to Troy. I don't know if this is still going to be the case with the coaching change (I assume it would be), so that's what we're trying to figure out.
                      I don't know either. I do know that Maine and RPI seem to be scheduling each other quite a bit in the last couple of years. That's a good thing. Love those engineers.

Comment

This is Maine's home schedule that was sent to me when I sent in my Donation Seat Payment information: OCT. 6-7 vs UConn - OCT.20-21 vs Miami/Ohio - OCT.27-28 vs Minnesota/Duluth - NOV. 17-18 vs BU - DEC. 1-2 vs Vermont - DEC. 8-9 vs Quinnipiac - JAN. 16 (Tuesday) vs UMass - JAN. 19-20 vs UNH - FEB. 2-3 vs Merrimack - FEB. 17 vs BC --- 18 home dates.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                          This is Maine's home schedule that was sent to me when I sent in my Donation Seat Payment information: OCT. 6-7 vs UConn - OCT.20-21 vs Miami/Ohio - OCT.27-28 vs Minnesota/Duluth - NOV. 17-18 vs BU - DEC. 1-2 vs Vermont - DEC. 8-9 vs Quinnipiac - JAN. 16 (Tuesday) vs UMass - JAN. 19-20 vs UNH - FEB. 2-3 vs Merrimack - FEB. 17 vs BC --- 18 home dates.
                          From what I understand the Quinnipiac games on Dec. 8 & 9 are in Hamden, not Orono.

Comment

Originally posted by maineiac View Post
                            From what I understand the Quinnipiac games on Dec. 8 & 9 are in Hamden, not Orono.
                            I wondered about that but that is what was sent to me, I was puzzled as QU was @ Maine this last season...maybe they made a mistake when they sent me the info. As usual @ Maine...anything they do is not always correct. You could very well be right....

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                              This would be an excellent home schedule! I'm not a big fan of the Tuesday game but as long as there is only one it's not the end of the world. A few thoughts...your schedule would mean both UML and Providence series are away. It would be nice if the Ireland game doesn't count as a home game and that looks like the case. I hope Maine doesn't have a long break at Christmas. I don't think they should ever have more than a couple weeks off. Hopefully they won't bother with the exhibition game, or if they do schedule it in Portland.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                                If this is correct, then the New Hampshire series will be during break. Fall semester ends on December 15 and the spring term begins on January 22.

Comment

Working...
                                X