X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2nd verse same as the first 2016-2017

Originally posted by AMC View Post
    Good to see, per Todd's numbers, that we can already rule out any playoff games at the Alfond this year.
    Thats the spirit This team is already playing golf, FORE!
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
      Yes, I was just looking at Todd's numbers. Maine can finish anywhere from 9-12. Umass can still catch Maine for 11th and put Maine at 12th.
      If BC can hold on to win the league Maine actually might not be in that bad of shape. It looks like Maine will almost certainly finish 11th which means either UVM, UConn, or UNH. None of those are horrible matchups and BC hasn't been playing that great. If Maine played BU it would be a completely different story.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

BC had a bad game against Merrimack. BU hasn't been great lately either though. Sweot by merrimack, lost at lowell. Best chance for maine would probably be against uconn. Even if they were to win, it's lights out after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          If BC can hold on to win the league Maine actually might not be in that bad of shape. It looks like Maine will almost certainly finish 11th which means either UVM, UConn, or UNH. None of those are horrible matchups and BC hasn't been playing that great. If Maine played BU it would be a completely different story.
          "Not playing that great" > "Unable to tie their own skates before a road game without screwing it up"

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
            "Not playing that great" > "Unable to tie their own skates before a road game without screwing it up"
            I bet Timmay used to tie the players skates for them.
            BS UMass Lowell 2015
            PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              BC had a bad game against Merrimack. BU hasn't been great lately either though. Sweot by merrimack, lost at lowell. Best chance for maine would probably be against uconn. Even if they were to win, it's lights out after that.
              I agree, UConn would be the more favorable draw. Maine hasn't defeated either UNH or UVM in something like 6 or 7 straight games.

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                I bet Timmay used to tie the players skates for them.
                You mean like he did @ UML?

Comment

Watched the Nyquist play on replay and played it back a couple times...wow, can't believe his reaction to that play...and after watching when he nailed the Minnesota player with his stick...it looked like when he did it he knew he was wrong and like why did I just do that...but he did do it and the word has it that he will get a least 6 games suspension...but looking at it over a few times and the way he used his stick, I would not be surprised to see a least a 10 game suspension if not more. He lost his cool and will pay the price in suspension time and salary.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Thats the spirit This team is already playing golf, FORE!
                    I heard Red was over at Dicks Sunday checking out a new driver

Comment

Over under one point this weekend, I'll take the under
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Over under one point this weekend, I'll take the under
                        If Maine were at home I might go over. On the road it will be very difficult to get two points. Merrimack appears to be developing as the season progresses. By the way, did anyone else receive a letter from Gendron asking for money? I didn't purchase season tickets this year for the first time in 39 years. Must have got my name off previous subscriber list.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                          If Maine were at home I might go over. On the road it will be very difficult to get two points. Merrimack appears to be developing as the season progresses. By the way, did anyone else receive a letter from Gendron asking for money? I didn't purchase season tickets this year for the first time in 39 years. Must have got my name off previous subscriber list.
                          Did anyone from the athletic department or ticket office call and ask you why you didn't renew?

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                            Did anyone from the athletic department or ticket office call and ask you why you didn't renew?
                            No, not a word. My seats were in first row glass seats. I e-mailed Creech and told him I was disappointed with their ticket pricing at renewal time. The row right behind me and all others received approximately $68.00 decrease in season ticket prices. He did not reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                              No, not a word. My seats were in first row glass seats. I e-mailed Creech and told him I was disappointed with their ticket pricing at renewal time. The row right behind me and all others received approximately $68.00 decrease in season ticket prices. He did not reply.
                              Interesting. My group had held season tickets to Notre Dame hockey dating back to the WCHA days in the 1970s. We were very visible fans, close to some players and parents of players over the years. For the first time in decades, we did not renew season tickets and no one heard a peep out of the athletic department asking why. A combination of factors led to this decision, including among other things the horrible "modern" environment at Notre Dame's arena, a stagnation of the program's progress since moving into the new building (the last remaining factor -- we were told -- that the coach felt would cement Notre Dame as a title team), the horrible home schedule with far too many buy games against lessor opponents and just an overall feeling that the intimacy that so many enjoyed when the only reason to go to campus on a hockey night was to see a hockey game to one of hockey being a sideshow to some fan of the game or "salute a vet" on the jumbotron over center ice. Notre Dame was a far more successful program in Jackson's first half dozen years playing in one of the worst buildings in college hockey (and for the most part with the previous coaches recruits) than they have been playing in a freeking palace with more creature comforts than pampered college athletes probably deserve. At least you guys got to the top of the heap and have a couple of NCAA title banners to look at and remember. Notre Dame never got there, and my guess is now that they have their on campus palace (which is what the coach really wanted) they never will.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                                Interesting. My group had held season tickets to Notre Dame hockey dating back to the WCHA days in the 1970s. We were very visible fans, close to some players and parents of players over the years. For the first time in decades, we did not renew season tickets and no one heard a peep out of the athletic department asking why. A combination of factors led to this decision, including among other things the horrible "modern" environment at Notre Dame's arena, a stagnation of the program's progress since moving into the new building (the last remaining factor -- we were told -- that the coach felt would cement Notre Dame as a title team), the horrible home schedule with far too many buy games against lessor opponents and just an overall feeling that the intimacy that so many enjoyed when the only reason to go to campus on a hockey night was to see a hockey game to one of hockey being a sideshow to some fan of the game or "salute a vet" on the jumbotron over center ice. Notre Dame was a far more successful program in Jackson's first half dozen years playing in one of the worst buildings in college hockey (and for the most part with the previous coaches recruits) than they have been playing in a freeking palace with more creature comforts than pampered college athletes probably deserve. At least you guys got to the top of the heap and have a couple of NCAA title banners to look at and remember. Notre Dame never got there, and my guess is now that they have their on campus palace (which is what the coach really wanted) they never will.
                                You must be one of a few ND posters on this forum? I can't seem to recall seeing an active ND thread here for awhile.

I watched ND play Vermont to a 4-4 OT game at Compton Arena a short time ago on television. Beautiful arena. I understand what you are saying, but in the long run I would think that a modern facility would increase attendance and help recruiting. Has game attendance been on the decline since the new arena opened?

I saw the ND vs Maine game on Saturday night. Their a very good defensive team and play their positions well. Good luck the rest of the season.
                                Last edited by Runsub5; 02-15-2017, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X