X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2nd verse same as the first 2016-2017

I don't see maine getting 5
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
      I don't see maine getting 5
      What a joke Maines pp is

Comment

What a joke Maines pp is
        They can't even dump and chase

Comment

Are the students on break right now?
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• You wont win many games with goaltending like that

Comment

You wont win many games with goaltending like that
              I wonder if in the history of college hockey a team has gone up 2-0 four games in a row and not won any of them. I bet it's never happened.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                I wonder if in the history of college hockey a team has gone up 2-0 four games in a row and not won any of them. I bet it's never happened.
                Maine has 1 line, the rest can't do a thing against nu. Good thing 14 players are coming some of these guys will be transferring out of here or maine might be worse next year, if that's possible

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Maine has 1 line, the rest can't do a thing against nu. Good thing 14 players are coming some of these guys will be transferring out of here or maine might be worse next year, if that's possible
                  I'm thinking they'll be worse. The Gendron hire has been a complete disaster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    I'm thinking they'll be worse. The Gendron hire has been a complete disaster.
                    Yeah, it might be worse. I had high hopes for Red but it ain't working very well. They can't play with lead at all.

Comment

Yeah, it might be worse. I had high hopes for Red but it ain't working very well. They can't play with lead at all.
                      Thing is, Maine had a cupcake OOC schedule this year, and still sucked. Next year's schedule just has to be harder.

A couple of the recruits look OK on paper, but they won't replace Byron and Brown in terms of production.

We might be looking at an 8-win year in 2017/2018. ( If that. )
                      Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-24-2017, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Maine ties it back up on a nice goal by vesey

Comment

• Nice prediction on the 5 goals. Maine is the poster child for how to lose a hockey game. Cam got turned inside out, never touched the guy. 4th line never played, 1st line played every other shift it seems. Rob was average at best. Doesn't matter anyway. They go to uvm and lose 2 next week any way

Comment

Lol. Whats left to do besides laugh?

Last year's 8 win outfit went 5-15-2 in Hockey East and this moribund so-called improved team is probably going to be a game worse after Saturday night.

1-13-1 combined the last two Februarys. 24-50-1 is Gendrons record after Jan 1 of seasons. 9-27-4 in Feb and March.

They are terrible at the end of years and worse at the end of games. What happened to the supposed improved conditiining?
                            Last edited by BoSox3066; 02-24-2017, 09:52 PM.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                              Lol. Whats left to do besides laugh?

Last year's 8 win outfit went 5-15-2 in Hockey East and this moribund so-called improved team is probably going to be a game worse after Saturday night.

1-13-1 combined the last two Februarys. 24-50-1 is Gendrons record after Jan 1 of seasons. 9-27-4 in Feb and March.

They are terrible at the end of years and worse at the end of games. What happened to the supposed improved conditiining?
                              Conditioning may be fine but when you play 2 lines its hard to know. I guess it was 3 lines but the top 2 played a lot of minutes. Wonder who is gone off this team next year. losing 4 seniors and a bakers dozen coming in. That should be interesting. I'm sick of hearing wait till next year. I'm going tonight, not sure why. The torture is worse in person.
                              Will Maine finish ahead of UMass next year? I doubt it right now

Comment

Will Maine finish ahead of UMass next year? I doubt it right now
                                Umass has been at the bottom of the league for quite some time. The administration hasn't really supported the program. I see a possible change coming with the hire of Greg Carvel a year or so a go. Next year will be a defining year for them in my opinion. They could possibly finish ahead of Maine.

Comment

Working...
                                X