X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2nd verse same as the first 2016-2017

Originally posted by dunbar View Post
    If this is correct, then the New Hampshire series will be during break. Fall semester ends on December 15 and the spring term begins on January 22.
    This is what was sent to me after I sent in My Donation Seat Payment information...the ticket office in turn sent me the schedule of home games for 2017-18 hockey season.

Comment

Checked out a QU site on there upcoming hockey schedule and they do in fact have Maine coming to QU for a pair of games on DEC.8/9...I figure Maine made a mistake when they sent out there HOME schedule to me. Makes more sense in that Maine travels to QU after playing QU this last season @ Maine.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        This would be an excellent home schedule! I'm not a big fan of the Tuesday game but as long as there is only one it's not the end of the world. A few thoughts...your schedule would mean both UML and Providence series are away. It would be nice if the Ireland game doesn't count as a home game and that looks like the case. I hope Maine doesn't have a long break at Christmas. I don't think they should ever have more than a couple weeks off. Hopefully they won't bother with the exhibition game, or if they do schedule it in Portland.
        Looks like according to a QU site that Maine is indeed on the road DEC.8/9...NOT home that date versus QU. So that breaks down to 16 Home games instead of 18.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
          Looks like according to a QU site that Maine is indeed on the road DEC.8/9...NOT home that date versus QU. So that breaks down to 16 Home games instead of 18.
          If the rest of the schedule is right I'd still be pretty happy. It will be interesting to see what happens with the RPI series. Where they might play them in Northern Ireland it makes sense to push it back a year.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

If the rest of the schedule is right I'd still be pretty happy. It will be interesting to see what happens with the RPI series. Where they might play them in Northern Ireland it makes sense to push it back a year.
            I'm pretty sure they are playing @ RPI on Oct.13/14.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
              Was there any price change from last year? I'm curious if they will change direction at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                They won't be. Ohio State officially released to state RPI's coming to town on those dates. And given RPI has a new coach and some roster changes, I very much doubt they're going to go split squad.

Comment

Was there any price change from last year? I'm curious if they will change direction at all.
                  No there wasn't except that the processing fee from last year was $6.00 to $10.00 this year.

Comment

Jimmy Howard led his team to a 3-0 win over Italy to move USA into a first place tie at the IIHF World Championships in Germany this morning. USA’s next game is Saturday against Latvia the team they are currently tied with for first place in Group A. Eleven former HEA players dominate the USA squad.

Comment

Any updates from the banquet?

Comment

Post-Season 2016-2017 Maine Hockey Awards (announced at Maine Hockey Banquet last night):
                        * Dale Lick Academic Achievement Award: Sam Becker
                        * Coca Cola 3-Star Award: Blaine Byron
                        * Stein Award Winner: Cam Brown (Led the nation in assists per game and only player to average over an assist per game 1.03)
                        * Richard Britt Perseverance Award: Mark Hamilton
                        * Neville Rookie of the Year Award: Chase Pearson
                        * Shawn Walsh Defensive Player of the Year Award: Mark Hamilton (2nd in the nation in blocked shots per game)
                        * Jack Semler Most Improved Player Award: Rob Michel
                        * Harold Alfond Most Valuable Player Award: Blaine Byron

Comment

• Originally posted by Maine Event View Post
                          Post-Season 2016-2017 Maine Hockey Awards (announced at Maine Hockey Banquet last night):
                          * Dale Lick Academic Achievement Award: Sam Becker
                          * Coca Cola 3-Star Award: Blaine Byron
                          * Stein Award Winner: Cam Brown (Led the nation in assists per game and only player to average over an assist per game 1.03)
                          * Richard Britt Perseverance Award: Mark Hamilton
                          * Neville Rookie of the Year Award: Chase Pearson
                          * Shawn Walsh Defensive Player of the Year Award: Mark Hamilton (2nd in the nation in blocked shots per game)
                          * Jack Semler Most Improved Player Award: Rob Michel
                          * Harold Alfond Most Valuable Player Award: Blaine Byron
                          Thanks. Was there much said about next season? Who's not coming back, what the expectations are, etc?

Comment

I can't imagine talking about players not coming back at a season ending banquet unless they are graduating

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                              I don't know either. I do know that Maine and RPI seem to be scheduling each other quite a bit in the last couple of years. That's a good thing. Love those engineers.
                              Two of the worst programs in D-1 right now... Guess somebody has a chance to win, though.

I'll likely be there anyway. If any Mainers come down, consider packing some heat. Last I visited, that part of Troy wasn't the best place to be on foot at night.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                Some Finnish dman who was going to Miami is coming to Maine instead...
                                The Finn narrows it down to Miami or Maine. He chooses Miami. Miami figured Belpedio was gonna sign. They offer the appropriate number of kids a spot. Belpedio stays for one more year at Miami. No room for the Finn. Maine gets him. Nice! Hopefully a good move.

Comment

Working...
                                X