This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
    Just conjecture but Hock and Quinlivan have aged out of juniors and are/were likely not going to receive athletic scholarship money. Hock still have UMaine commit on his twitter account not so for Quinlivan. Maybe they decided not to walk on or maybe Red is going to give them an on campus tryout first. Either way given the forward depth from last year's class and the incoming class both would face an uphill battle for playing time. Binner has been in US a while so I doubt any entrance issues. He might be playing another year in USHL, which would not be a bad thing given his age and the depth at D this season. Tiuraniemi has only been in US for a year so there might be some NCAA entrance issues. If he gets in we'll see his name added later, if not hard to say considering he decommitted from Miami because they tried to push him back a year. If you remember Chase Pearson tried to get in a year early and the NCAA ruling didn't come until August.

From what I saw the roster page was still "in progress" and either accidentally went live or they were testing live functionality. Only names removed were the seniors. Hoglund was still on there but he is gone.
    It was hard for me to see Hock ever making it. Quinlivan got better last year as the season went on and he seems like he could have been a late bloomer. The story when he committed was he got a lot of academic money. He also was someone who it sounded like could play decent defense. I hope Binner and Tiru come in so Maine can play three lefties on D, but obviously Maine isn't going to have 10 or 11 dmen on the roster.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2nd verse same as the first 2016-2017

Originally posted by AMC View Post
      Does that mean that the previous night's BU game in Orono coincides with one of the state football games on campus? Or are they no longer hosting one of the four in Orono?

That will likely be the case, yes. The Friday night game (Class C this season) is always in Orono and the other three at Fitzpatrick.

Comment

I would think we get a better read of who's on the Roster by mid-August. Remember everything is a SECRET @ Camp Gendron.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
          Not sure this is correct as Notre Dame's goalie Cal Petersen turned down Buffalo who drafted him in 2013 and has signed with the Kings. Surprised he has not surfaced in Vegas as they have to build a minor league system.
          Vegas would be a ideal spot for him as you say, but don't count out Toronto...there hungry for young players, even if it means he plays for Marlies [AHL] this season. Toronto is building for the long term.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
            Goblackbears.com has updated roster with the following names.

Dawe, Holesinsky, Keeper, Spicer, Swayman, Tralmaks, Westerlund.

http://www.goblackbears.com/roster.a...8&path=mhockey
            Id like to see a larger roster than last year. If the young men will come into that environment that is. Curious what the captain situation will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
              Cal and Blaine are in two different situations under the NHL CBA. Cal took the Justin Schultz route where if you leave prior to graduating than you become a free agent on July 1. Blaine is taking the Jimmy Vesey route where he graduated thus making him a free agent Aug 15. Where we are a month out I rumors should be starting pertaining to Blaine. He will certainly be a sought after commodity as his decision to leave the Pittsburgh organization was due to an exorbitant amount of highly skilled competition within the organization. Grumblings have been stated by both NHL and NCAA pertaining to this rule and I would look for it to be altered for the next CBA.
              Thanks for the explanation. I was wondering about that since I know the Vesey sweepstakes were in August last year. Should have looked it up myself but appreciate your detailed explanation. Agree that NHL teams seeing more high profile guys walk away (Vesey, Petersen) is not a good sign, but it is good for the players who should always look out for their best interest.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                Thanks for the explanation. I was wondering about that since I know the Vesey sweepstakes were in August last year. Should have looked it up myself but appreciate your detailed explanation. Agree that NHL teams seeing more high profile guys walk away (Vesey, Petersen) is not a good sign, but it is good for the players who should always look out for their best interest.
                By doing it this way they can choose where they want to start there Career, as for money...the Entry Level Contract does not change, only with slightly different type of Bonus money applied to the Contracts. You can bet that Teams will look to change this in the next CBA, while the players will not want any changes.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  The nhl let goons kill him with no punishment.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  If that goon Scott Stevens had taken that cheap shot today, he'd be banned for years and possibly even been prosecuted under the law. PK was just born too early to thrive as he should have in the NHL.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    If that goon Scott Stevens had taken that cheap shot today, he'd be banned for years and possibly even been prosecuted under the law. PK was just born too early to thrive as he should have in the NHL.
                    The NHL would have in todays world just "MAYBE" suspended him for 20 games and then reduced it to a 10 game suspension. Stevens had star value and they would have treated his suspension a lot different then a run of a mill Goon type player. Karyia was one of the better players to hit the ice in College Hockey and the NHL as well...just as you say he was in a era where that type of hockey was looked upon as ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                      The NHL would have in todays world just "MAYBE" suspended him for 20 games and then reduced it to a 10 game suspension. Stevens had star value and they would have treated his suspension a lot different then a run of a mill Goon type player. Karyia was one of the better players to hit the ice in College Hockey and the NHL as well...just as you say he was in a era where that type of hockey was looked upon as ok.
                      One of the better college players? Please.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        One of the better college players? Please.
                        Please WHAT..? One of the better College Hockey players...I didn't say great, but PLEASE, come on yourself. If you follow the game of College Hockey there's many better to great players, and YES Karyia was one of many better to great players in the game. OK Drew..?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                          Please WHAT..? One of the better College Hockey players...I didn't say great, but PLEASE, come on yourself. If you follow the game of College Hockey there's many better to great players, and YES Karyia was one of many better to great players in the game. OK Drew..?
                          He was the best, bar none. I haven't seen anyone even close to him at the college level.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                            ..... Curious what the captain situation will be.
                            FWIW, I still haven't seen any official communication on it yet, but the players showing on the splash screen announcing the 2017-2018 schedule on goblackbears.com are Hamilton, Vesey (in the middle), & Lacroix. Can one assume that Vesey will wear the 'C' and Hamilton & Lacroix will each wear an 'A'?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              He was the best, bar none. I haven't seen anyone even close to him at the college level.
                              Tony hrkac and the hrkac circus. Ken Dryden?
                              I'm taking kariya as the best forward ever in college hockey
                              Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by walrus; 07-16-2017, 06:36 AM.
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Anyone receive their season ticket renewal yet?
                                When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X