X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2nd verse same as the first 2016-2017

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
    Thanks for the update. Here's hoping Maine and RPI face each other in Northern Ireland as well.
    I'm sort of hoping for Providence because we already play you twice this year (had gone to the Shillelagh a couple years ago, both Notre Dame fans around me and I were a bit demoralized we didn't get to play each other and instead had to play competition we'd face again in the season), although considering this is the first time in a while we've seen you (not counting last year), it could be fun.

Comment

NHL Draft rounds 2 thru 7 today...any chance Alexis Binner & Jeremy Swayman get selected..? If so, late rounds 6th or 7th if they do.

Comment

UMass amherst has highest drafted college bound player.
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          UMass amherst has highest drafted college bound player.
          AND he is a good one...but at the same time he could very well be one season and done...but a top notch player coming to UMass.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
            AND he is a good one...but at the same time he could very well be one season and done...but a top notch player coming to UMass.
            Cale Makar overall number 4 selection. Nice job of recruiting by Greg Carvel. One of the reasons why I think Umass Amherst is a program on the rise.

Comment

One and done is the world today

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Not always...for him one season might be enough and two at the most...but you take goaltenders, a lot of times 3 years in College is the way to go and get there playing time in on the weekends and get a weeks practice in...but then some players like a Karyia come once in a life time and more or less 1 season of College Hockey is enough. But now a days most players that opt to stay in College Hockey stay for 3 years, very rare if they are the real deal will they stay for 4 years...just the way the game/business is.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

He might be none and done. I'd much rather have three years of Hutton, Renouf, or Michel versus one year of him.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

You need top end talent, he brings excitement to the program, what's exciting in Orono?

Comment

You need top end talent, he brings excitement to the program, what's exciting in Orono?

Right on....need someone to bring the team/program on the map again...with that other recruits take notice, but along with that you have to bring back winning and a team with a identity...and with that you do need your 3 & 4 year players...but Elite type players can come in and wake up a Program.
                      Last edited by Ma#1ne Hky; 06-24-2017, 08:53 AM.

Comment

These players are coming in with him. Fellow defenseman Mario Ferraro, a Toronto product who has 33 points (seven goals, 26 assists) in 49 games for Des Moines in the USHL, is the No. 107 North American skater.

Center Philip Lagunov, a center from Hamilton, Ontario who has 55 points (27 goals, 28 assists) in 51 games for the Burlington Cougars of the Ontario Junior Hockey League, was the No. 171 skater, while goalie Matt Murray was No. 24 among North American goalies. The St. Alberta, Alberta product has a 2.36 ERA for the Fargo Force of the USHL.

Comment

I dont think UMass has any better funding than Maine so if theyre getting a top 10 pick maybe Maine can cut it with that excuse

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                          43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                          104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                          3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                            I dont think UMass has any better funding than Maine so if theyre getting a top 10 pick maybe Maine can cut it with that excuse
                            Maine can't get a top ten pick because they don't have a coach who can sell the program to a top ten pick. Nothing has changed

Comment

Swayman taken by the Bruins #111.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtagger View Post
                                Swayman taken by the Bruins #111.
                                Just saw that and a 4th round pick...figured he would not be taken till late like the 6th or 7th round...has Binner been selected..?

Comment

Working...
                                X