This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2nd verse same as the first 2016-2017

Jim Montgomery interview now between periods in the Denver/Nebraska-Omaha game on CBS Sports Network (not to rub salt in the wounds)

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
      Jim Montgomery interview now between periods in the Denver/Nebraska-Omaha game on CBS Sports Network (not to rub salt in the wounds)
      Our former AD dragged his feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
        Our former AD dragged his feet.
        Just my opinion, but I think Denver has the best team in the country. And it's not real close. They beat us (BU) twice early in the year, and although the score of the 2nd game was close, they clearly were better.

They are currently on a 9-game win streak where they have outscored their opponents 41-15. Yikes. The biggest thing is they are playing well at the most important time of the year. And they have just won the Penrose Cup with the loss by Minnesota-Duluth.
        Last edited by chickod; 03-03-2017, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dillon View Post
          Red's gotta go!
          He coached my former HS hockey team, the Bobwhites. Story is he was a hardass and always had the most feared team in the state of VT. I wonder if he's stopped really caring, if he's gotten soft, or if he's just out if his pay grade. Either way, UVM looked convincingly better tonight, despite missing our rookie phenom and leading point scorer.

Comment

Just my opinion, but I think Denver has the best team in the country. And it's not real close. They beat us (BU) twice early in the year, and although the score of the 2nd game was close, they clearly were better.

They are currently on a 9-game win streak where they have outscored their opponents 41-15. Yikes. The biggest thing is they are playing well at the most important time of the year. And they have just won the Penrose Cup with the loss by Minnesota-Duluth.
            Wouldn't that be a hoot if they won the national title? That would be quite an addition to Maine hockey history. Maine fans would never get over it.

Comment

Wouldn't that be a hoot if they won the national title? That would be quite an addition to Maine hockey history. Maine fans would never get over it.
              That's an interesting take. I would think there would be a "little" sense of pride.

Comment

That's an interesting take. I would think there would be a "little" sense of pride.
                Yes, there would be a sense of pride in some respects. But there are many fans who were (are) disappointed that Montgomery was not hired as the coach. For them to see their coach win a title for another school when Maine could have hired him would be a bitter pill.

Comment

Yes, there would be a sense of pride in some respects. But there are many fans who were (are) disappointed that Montgomery was not hired as the coach. For them to see their coach win a title for another school when Maine could have hired him would be a bitter pill.
                  Yes, I can definitely see your point.

Comment

Road woes continue for Maine, they were ripped from the get-go tonight. As far as Montgomery and Denver, I hope Montgomery all the best and hoping they (Denver) can win the Hardware. Montgomery put the work in to earn his place @ Denver...just "ANOTHER" what could have been gaffe by Maine. And get ready for that its going to be much better picture painted by RG for 2017-18.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      I think he used Maine to get another job. I don't care if he wins or loses at Denver he was never coming to Orono.
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• I thought Maine could keep it close but guess not. Losing on the road is now the norm. That's all on the staff at this point. Another chance tonight

Comment

He wasn't even considered to interview for the Maine job, was he? How'd he use Maine?

2005-'06: volunteer assistant coach at Notre Dame
                          2006-'10: Assistant coach at RPI
                          2010-'13: Head Coach/General Manager of the Dubuque Fighting Saints, USHL
                          2013- Present: Head coach at the University of Denver
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                            He wasn't even considered to interview for the Maine job, was he? How'd he use Maine?

2005-'06: volunteer assistant coach at Notre Dame
                            2006-'10: Assistant coach at RPI
                            2010-'13: Head Coach/General Manager of the Dubuque Fighting Saints, USHL
                            2013- Present: Head coach at the University of Denver
                            Your right he didn't use Maine. Maine did not even have a clue in what they were doing before they fired Whitehead and afterwards. Denver swooped in and offered the DEAL to Montgomery during the Frozen 4 @ Pittsburgh...put it on the line you have this much time to decide and here's what we will pay you and what we will do for you and the Program. It was a NO BRAINER, as Maine had NO INTENTIONS of bringing him in even for a Interview or a chanced to state his case...he either waited it out and lose the chance to be a Div.1 Coach in 2013, and lose the deal at Denver and go back for another season in the USHL. He made the right move for himself and his family. Maine lost out even though they had no clue or intentions of what they could have had. Montgomery went over to a better situation, but he could have been able to make it work at Maine...it would very well have taken longer...but year after year there would have been progress/accountability/leadership on and off the ice. You can bet that after 4 years Maine fans would have been in a feel good mood...with promise ahead. Its over and done with...and Maine moves on...down and out and with a long-long time away from seeing a .500 season let alone a winning one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                              Your right he didn't use Maine. Maine did not even have a clue in what they were doing before they fired Whitehead and afterwards. Denver swooped in and offered the DEAL to Montgomery during the Frozen 4 @ Pittsburgh...put it on the line you have this much time to decide and here's what we will pay you and what we will do for you and the Program. It was a NO BRAINER, as Maine had NO INTENTIONS of bringing him in even for a Interview or a chanced to state his case...he either waited it out and lose the chance to be a Div.1 Coach in 2013, and lose the deal at Denver and go back for another season in the USHL. He made the right move for himself and his family. Maine lost out even though they had no clue or intentions of what they could have had. Montgomery went over to a better situation, but he could have been able to make it work at Maine...it would very well have taken longer...but year after year there would have been progress/accountability/leadership on and off the ice. You can bet that after 4 years Maine fans would have been in a feel good mood...with promise ahead. Its over and done with...and Maine moves on...down and out and with a long-long time away from seeing a .500 season let alone a winning one.
                              I don't disagree on the right move, he clearly made the right move for him and his family.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                I don't disagree on the right move, he clearly made the right move for him and his family.
                                Right...he had a short period of time to decide and Maine was NOT EVEN close to ready to set up a search team...they dragged and Denver made out while Maine is on the short end for now

Comment

Working...
                                X