This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Look what he was left with though. His last full class had six forwards in it, only two of them were good enough to make it to senior year. Byron has been good and Brown decent but out of six players you need more than that.

The bigger failure was what was left for recruits. There were six players left and three weren't even D1 players (Morris, Salerno, and Bjorkung), one was borderline D1 (Badger), one was an okay D1 player (Cloonan), and one was a decent D1 player but with issues (Pecararo). Timmy has completely gotten a free pass for this failure.
    Its been four years whats on the ice aint on TW anymore. Oh and he left two full time NHL guys....AND so far Reds best results gave been Year 1 with what 95% TW kids?

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
      Its been four years whats on the ice aint on TW anymore. Oh and he left two full time NHL guys....AND so far Reds best results gave been Year 1 with what 95% TW kids?
      If this were football or basketball you would be right, but hockey recruiting is competely different. The good kids commit two or three years before they show up and Maine's best chance to get good players is to jump on them before other schools get involved. Cam Brown committed almost eight years ago as an example. Red actually has some promising kids lined up for the next few years. It takes a lot longer to get the talent than folks realize.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        If this were football or basketball you would be right, but hockey recruiting is competely different. The good kids commit two or three years before they show up and Maine's best chance to get good players is to jump on them before other schools get involved. Cam Brown committed almost eight years ago as an example. Red actually has some promising kids lined up for the next few years. It takes a lot longer to get the talent than folks realize.
        Yet somehow Leaman and Bazin manages to have success within 4 years.

3x FROZEN FOUR

Comment

Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2nd verse same as the first 2016-2017

Yes they have...and there Programs have backed them fully since they've been hired. Winning brings better recruits while Maine's swoon since the end of the Whitehead ERA and into the 4 years of RG has done nothing but shut off the recruiting trail. Not a pretty picture and won't get solved anytime soon.

Comment

And this year out in Wisconsin.

Comment

Another game another loss, anyone shocked by that MC beat BC and someone thinks Maine is going into Lawler and beating MC, T FF
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                Yes they have...and there Programs have backed them fully since they've been hired. Winning brings better recruits while Maine's swoon since the end of the Whitehead ERA and into the 4 years of RG has done nothing but shut off the recruiting trail. Not a pretty picture and won't get solved anytime soon.
                Bottom line, if you can coach the team starts pointing up. Is there an example in a major conference of a regime that's regressed like this in Years 2, 3, and 4 and then gone on to actual success? And if not why do we think this one will do the unprecedented?

3x FROZEN FOUR

Comment

Pretty much. The Gendron Era is an unqualified disaster.

Comment

He was given his chance and has failed...period...no improvement, no accountability, no leadership what so ever. Won't happen but after the season he should look in the mirror and realize that for all his good intentions he should admit this is too much for him and RESIGN. Like I said won't happen, not what anyone wanted...to see him fail and not get this program back on the tracks. It's a MESS, with solutions not forth coming.

Comment

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2nd verse same as the first 2016-2017

I didn't see a player on the ice for Maine last night that would get out of the stands for a BC or BU. Looking over the recruits, I don't see anyone that would be above the third or fourth line on a good Hockey East team.

Maine needs to bring in a youngish, energetic head coach with no ties to the program. Zero. Just bleach the whole thing and burn it to the ground.

Comment

The boss is starting Morris.

Comment

Will somebody please strangle that PA guy ? He is the absolute worst I have ever heard. Effn terrible. He adds absolutely zero class to this program... none
                          Last edited by all bear; 02-11-2017, 06:47 PM.
                          sure why not

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                            The boss is starting Morris.
                            He was the better goalie last night. The game winner last night was one of the worst goals I have ever seen conceded. It was a pass from about 40' away that somehow beat Bub.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by all bear View Post
                              Will somebody please strangle that PA guy ? He is the absolute worst I have ever heard. Effn terrible
                              I do however give credit where credit is due. The band sounds terrific. Always good though. Now let's get a gd hockey program that would make the band proud, huh ?
                              Last edited by all bear; 02-11-2017, 06:49 PM.
                              sure why not

Comment

• Originally posted by all bear View Post
                                I do however give credit where credit is due. The band sounds terrific. Always good though. Now let's get a gd hockey program that would make the band proud, huh ?
                                Best in college hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X