X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2nd verse same as the first 2016-2017

Originally posted by AMC View Post
    Maine will play really hard, probably keep it fairly close, then give up a goal or two after horrible penalties and lose.
    I agree, Maine will play Merrimack tough and may squeak out a win or tie. I see their only chance for success tonight and will probably lose tomorrow night. It would be a significant accomplishment for this team to win a conference road game.

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
      So what are Black Bear fans thoughts about this weekend?
      Merrimack seems to have found its stride. Their top line (Gustaffson, Seney and Tavernier) are playing extremely well lately, and goalie Delia is healthy and playing with a lot of confidence. Offense is still a concern (they only have 4 more goals than ME in league play), but they have been good at shutting down the opposition, and they are generally pretty tough at home.
      Again it will come down to Goaltending, Low scoring games with Merrimack choking Maine's skating game...clogging the middle. Maine needs to dump and chase...AND stay out of the box with no more then 4 per game to have a chance. Merrimack sweeps 4-2 and 3-2. Road woes continue for Maine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        That comment is indisputable, IMO. In this age of parity, you don't need 2-3 dangerous lines, but you do need some high-end talent... And I wouldn't characterize a single one of Red's recruits as "high-end talent".

Id take three respectable lines with a solid 4th. All playing good d with a solid goalie (with penalty disciplined) (disciplined power play and penalty kill as well) any day over 2 or 3 highly recruited individuals. Too much to ask for i suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
          Very poor recruiter that got Gustav Nyquist, Spencer Abbott, Brian Flynn, Ben Hutton and Devin Shore to Orono. Who that's half as good as any of them are on the way?

If Tim had recruited a goalie, if Scott Darling hadn't had demons or if Tim could've figured out how to not blow a lead by over coaching at the end of games he's still be here.

Very poor recruiter my ***. He screwed it up at the end but lets at least be intellectually honest about it.
          I agree with this, he lacked a goalie and then he lacked talent. He had a NC in his hand in 02 and thats what got him the job. But lets face it Sue Tyler blew it in 02 by not having a natl search and just handing him the job.

Red finally got some talent in this year. Pearson Shea and Fossier are all good, Holway is good. If he gets a goalie to compete with McGovern in the next class and some more offense the team could turn slowly. Its going to take to to end of his contract to see real results if there are going to be any
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I want to hear some more on how Chase Pearson isn't that good.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              He's having a great game

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                He's having a great game
                Season* He'll wind up with the most goals by a freshman since Colin Shields.

Comment

Why does Michel get so many penalties

Comment

Here comes those dumb penalties

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                      Why does Michel get so many penalties
                      Off the top of my head, I'd say because Red can't really afford to bench anybody at this juncture.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                        Here comes those dumb penalties
                        In Byron's defense, I think it was a dive from the Merrimack player.

Michel takes the most penalties because he is on the ice more than anyone else and he usually is going up against the other team's best players.

Comment

Well, how many times do we see this. Give up a nice lead in last 5 minutes.

Comment

Lack of ability to get the puck out of defensive zone, is once more the killer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              He's not as good as Gustav Nyquist or Devin Shore. Doesn't mean he's bad.

He's got more goals than Marty Kariya and Michel Leveille had as freshmen too. Guess what, he ain't as good as them either.
                              Last edited by BoSox3066; 02-17-2017, 08:35 PM.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                              43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                              104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                              3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Low Point again...up 3-0...lead goes away and then OT slaps Maine in the face.

Comment

Working...
                                X