Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Pausen, Emmer, and Lewis all voted yes. Pieces of ****. No Minnesota Republican voted no. Blue State my *** when all our Republicans are psychotic extremists.
    David Young in Iowa voted yes. Moderate my ***.

Comment

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Alaska's Rep Don Young voted yes despite the fact the bill will absolutely gut health care here. Of course by November 2018 everyone will forget and he'll get reelected in a landslide yet again.

As for our Senators, Sullivan will vote yes because that's what he'll be told to do, Murkowski will vote no after figuring out there's already 50 yes votes.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

HA! This analysis is beautiful...

https://politicalwire.com/2017/05/04...p-health-bill/
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

MI-8's Mike Bishop was a yes. Not a big surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            Elections have consequences...enjoy Red Staters!!
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              MI-8's Mike Bishop was a yes. Not a big surprise.
              The 20 that voted no were on the coasts, with one in Texas and one in Colorado.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I live about a half mile from Bishop's home. I wonder if I could get a permit for a rally outside it (doubtful).

Comment

Not as beautiful as this comment...

Rather be screwed by a rich man than helped by a black man.

Comment

within a month's time, mookie will be in the middle east with private hospitals at his disposal....

if anyone needs to be added as a dependent, let him know
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The problem with high risk pools is that they are expensive. To manage and administer, and to buy insurance in. The recent amendment added by Upton would allocate $8 billion over ten years to help offset their costs. Trouble is, they're probably gonna cost upwards of $40 billion/year.

https://newrepublic.com/article/7354...igh-risk-pools
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Beautiful, politically, and largely irrelevant.

Below is a link from which the CNN story was drawn.

The numbers refer to a study done about people with conditions which were likely considered "preexisting conditions" under standards used pre-ACA. However, as noted in the study, the vast majority of those people already had coverage through employers or medicaid, so the numbers were pretty meaningless.

They are even more meaningless now, in all likelihood, since according to you the ACA pretty much wiped the slate clean of those who were uninsured before its passage.

http://kff.org/health-reform/issue-b...or-to-the-aca/
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Funding allocated for pre-existing conditions will only cover about 110,000 of the estimated 2.2 million people who would be considered to have such pre-existing conditions.

http://avalere.com/expertise/managed...insurance-need
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            Funding allocated for pre-existing conditions will only cover about 110,000 of the estimated 2.2 million people who would be considered to have such pre-existing conditions.

http://avalere.com/expertise/managed...insurance-need
                            Death is cost effective
                            "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                            Groucho Marx
                            "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                            Ron White
                            "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                            Milo Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
                              Death is cost effective
                              Die quickly has always been the GOP plan.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                within a month's time, mookie will be in the middle east with private hospitals at his disposal....

if anyone needs to be added as a dependent, let him know
                                Which golf courses will you be playing?
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X