Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    They passed it! (singing as it passed)

This should be fun...
    Time for "Bud Light Presents...Real Men of Genius..."

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      May 53% of white women burn in hell.
      misogyny is nothing to be proud of
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

That's just the House, have any votes been cast in the Senate? Has the Senate even taken up the issue for debate/discussion yet? I'd expect a filibuster on the senate bill.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

They passed it! (singing as it passed)

This should be fun...
          And the only thing standing between 24 million people and losing their health insurance is... the United States Senate.

"What would a dick do?"
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            That's just the House, have any votes been cast in the Senate? Has the Senate even taken up the issue for debate/discussion yet? I'd expect a filibuster on the senate bill.
            Hasn't gotten to senate yet. This is why Donnie wants to get rid of filibuster. He wants simple majority rule (except for the presidential vote)

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              They are trying to push it through in Reconciliation (which means they have to act fast cause the CBO will not be helpful) which makes it easier though they cant afford more than 2 defections.

From Yesterday

"To my moderate Republican colleagues in the House, I ask, 'Why would you risk a yes vote for a bill that is devastating to your constituents and has virtually a minuscule chance, virtually no chance of becoming law?' " Schumer asked on Wednesday.

He added that "the reality is TrumpCare cannot pass the Senate."

House Republicans are trying to revive a bill to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act after GOP leadership struggled for weeks to find a path forward that could get 216 votes.

GOP leadership also faces a narrow path if the legislation reaches the Senate. Under the rules of "reconciliation," they can only lose two GOP senators and still pass the bill, because no Democrats are expected to support it.

But Schumer warned the House legislation only has a "small" chance of survival in the Senate and could run into a procedural buzzsaw because of the Byrd rule, which governs legislation passed under the special budget rules Republicans are using to pass the healthcare legislation. To pass muster, legislation must be primarily focused on addressing the deficit, which is why only provisions that have a budgetary impact can be included.

"The amendment to allow states to drop pre-existing condition requirements, for instance, very possibly violates the Byrd rule. If the moderate group in the House gets an additional amendment to the deal with the very same issue, that may violate the Byrd rule as well," Schumer said.
              I think it is going to barely pass the Senate (unless the CBO is as bad or worse than before) and Trump will sign it into law. He needs this badly and will put every ounce of pressure he has to bare.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

To my moderate Republican colleagues in the House, I ask, 'Why would you risk a yes vote for a bill that is devastating to your constituents and has virtually a minuscule chance, virtually no chance of becoming law?'
                The Senate is why they can risk it. This way they can argle bargle their constituents that they voted to kill Obamacare without having to answer for the consequences when those same constituents find out they've cut off their own nose to spite Blacky.

It's a perfect dodge.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  And the only thing standing between 24 million people and losing their health insurance is... the United States Senate.

"What would a dick do?"
                  I think when the revised CBO numbers come out 24 million will be light. The High Risk Pools along with the roll back of Medicaid is going to be a perfect storm.

Next up is the Tax Reform and that wont have any issues whatsoever.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    The Senate is why they can risk it. This way they can argle bargle their constituents that they voted to kill Obamacare without having to answer for the consequences when those same constituents find out they've cut off their own nose to spite Blacky.

It's a perfect dodge.
                    Except their constituents dont want it passed anymore (polling had it as unpopular as Congress as a whole) that is why the clowns avoided talking about it on camera and pushed for a vote ASAP. They dont want anyone thinking about this and they dont want their people to have a chance to talk to them about it.

They passed the buck to the Senate, but they are going to be dealing with this from now til the midterms whether it comes to fruition or not.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Except their constituents dont want it passed anymore (polling had it as unpopular as Congress as a whole) that is why the clowns avoided talking about it on camera and pushed for a vote ASAP. They dont want anyone thinking about this and they dont want their people to have a chance to talk to them about it.

They passed the buck to the Senate, but they are going to be dealing with this from now til the midterms whether it comes to fruition or not.
                      McConnell is probably ready to kick Ryan in the nuts for dumping this on him.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

All House Republicans are headed to the White House to kiss the ring.

I hope Turtle Boy shoves this through on reconciliation. That would be awesome.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Pausen, Emmer, and Lewis all voted yes. Pieces of ****. No Minnesota Republican voted no. Blue State my *** when all our Republicans are psychotic extremists.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            McConnell is probably ready to kick Ryan in the nuts for dumping this on him.
                            They hate each other anyway. Ryan is a young man in a hurry who read only one book in his life and became a True Believer. McConnell is an ancient old boy crank with no beliefs who just wants to be left to drink his mint julip and dream of the good old days.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Pausen, Emmer, and Lewis all voted yes. Pieces of ****. No Minnesota Republican voted no. Blue State my *** when all our Republicans are psychotic extremists.
                              Well duh...Emmer and Lewis are Trump style wackos and Paulsen hasnt had an independent thought in a decade.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                May not get a chance to filibuster. The GOP is trying to ram it through using reconciliation, which only requires a majority vote.

That said, the Senate is going to moderate it, which then throws it back to the house with their Freedumb Caucus nutjobs.

Comment

Working...
                                X