Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    This is true. Those town halls have been brutal, and the aw shucks I'm just a regular Joe/Jill types who have been letting them have it are the worst possible optics for them, especially when every night the face of their party slimes his way into everyone's living room to say something else that's stupid / crazy and/or evil.

Trump is his own Vietnam. Johnson was destroyed by the footage every night. Trump makes his own footage, and has no idea that he is taking down himself and his entire party. It would be funny if it wasn't so... nah. It's funny.
    It would be funny, if there wasnt still like 30% of the people who think he is Jesus incarnate...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Well the one thing the moderates could hope is that people arent engaged a second time around...problem is they will be MORE engaged because now they see it coming. The town halls havent been easing up on the GOPers that support this crap and the Georgia 6th is showing that no district is safe with Trump as President.

The ACHA in any form is an albatross for the GOP...they need to take the hit and repeal. They cant leave ObamaCare in place because half of them ran on repealing it and everyone can see they are the ones in control. Fixing it isnt enough and the half measures wont pass for various reasons. Their only shot is to rip off the band-aid and embrace the horror. They try and appease everyone and they will get waved out in 2 years...just ask the Dems. (this is how the Dems do politics wishy washy and with no spine)
      I agree. Straight Repeal is their only way out.

Who knew Health Care could be so complicated?
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Who knew Health Care could be so complicated?
        Even that is hard to get the ones in swing district to go for. See what happened to Barbara Comstock last month.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          Even that is hard to get the ones in swing district to go for. See what happened to Barbara Comstock last month.
          Oh, true, I understand that but all these "trouble" district RNC congress people hooked themselves to the repeal wagon. It was so easy to vote repeal when Obama was in office. Now they back down?

Case in point.

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare...h-of-obamacare

The House bill eliminates the individual and employer mandates, the "Cadillac tax" on expensive insurance plans and the medical device tax.

The question of how to handle Medicaid was a thorny one for McConnell because it pitted conservatives, who demanded a repeal, against Republican colleagues from states that expanded the safety-net program.

“I am very concerned about the 160,000 people who had Medicaid expansion in my state. I have difficulty with that being included,” Sen. Shelley Moore Capito, a Republican from West Virginia, told The Hill earlier this month.

Vulnerable GOP incumbents face reelection next year in several states that have expanded Medicaid: Illinois, New Hampshire, Ohio and Pennsylvania.

McConnell eased their concerns by phasing in the repeal over two years to give the federal government and states time to come up with a replacement program.
          They passed that under Obama. They still got elected no problem after passing that bill. What gives?
          Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 04-21-2017, 02:51 PM.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

And the optimal way for them to have done that was rolling right out of the gate. The longer it goes the more people educate themselves and say "holy sh-t!"

Now even if they somehow manage something they can call repeal, 80% of the country is going to blame them for the inevitable as-sf-cking they take at the hands of the insurers.

Worse for them, a lot of people are starting to realize how the GOP has been systemically sabotaging the ACA, so even the problems with Obamacare are starting ot be laid at their feet. And by personalizing their opposition in order to ride racial anxiety, now that whole show is blown when Barack is sailboarding in Aruba or climbing the Matterhorn or whatever Most Interesting Man in the World sh-t he's doing this week. The GOP in general and Trump in particular are a lame follow-up act.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Republicans want to keep popular aca provisions for themselves and their staff, but cut for everyone else.

Seriously, **** these people.

http://www.vo*****/2017/4/25/1542998...ahca-amendment

Comment

Weasel Paul Ryan has one thing right, which is the GOP has been out of being the governing party for so long they've forgotten a lot of things. One of which is the rules have changed. Used to be the GOP could rely on a cowardly DC press core to not point out hypocrisy and contradictions for fear of being labeled as "biased". Now that the public gets their info outside of the Beltway Bobs in the lamestream media, all this stuff comes to light almost immediately. Yet the zombie Goopers who have been in Congress for awhile haven't adjusted to that new reality.

But, by all means pass this bill Congress. Also include tax breaks for all moderate members to help defray the cost of acquiring that target that's going to be on their backs from now until election day.
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Freedom Caucus backs the new TrumpCare, meaning it's now evil enough for their vote.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    Freedom Caucus backs the new TrumpCare, meaning it's now evil enough for their vote.
                    I wonder if it will pass the Senate? I have a hard time believing it will. It will get zero Democrats. And will it even pass the House now? There is a moderate Repub contingent in the House. Very small. If they don't vote for it it doesn't happen either.

Comment

I wonder if it will pass the Senate? I have a hard time believing it will. It will get zero Democrats. And will it even pass the House now? There is a moderate Repub contingent in the House. Very small. If they don't vote for it it doesn't happen either.
                      It won't pass the Senate, the scum-suckers don't have 60.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        It won't pass the Senate, the scum-suckers don't have 60.
                        We could hope that Trump publicly asks the Turtle to go nuclear. It would be a fund raising bonanza for Democrats.

Comment

We could hope that Trump publicly asks the Turtle to go nuclear. It would be a fund raising bonanza for Democrats.
                          I kind of doubt that they would even have 50 with all the info out about this "wonderful" bill. Turtle won't go nuclear to lose the vote 52-48
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            I kind of doubt that they would even have 50 with all the info out about this "wonderful" bill. Turtle won't go nuclear to lose the vote 52-48
                            Well, that's highly disappointing. It's almost like they have control of everything but still don't have enough power to hang themselves.

Comment

This is somewhat awesome. If they don't pass it they look impotent. If they DO pass it, even better! Too many GOP reps get to cloak themselves with a "moderate" label ala Cryin' John Boner because they aren't certifiably insane. Support for this bill is going to put an end to that. Bottom line is, massive tax cut for the 1% paid for by a repeal of the Medicaid expansion! What's not to love?
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I believe the headcount on Senators who want to see the end of 60 for legislation is something like 72-28 against. The Freedumbs are for it, but everybody else -- even such far-sighted intellectuals as James Inhofe -- is agin' it.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X