Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    It is the high growth area.
    I believe that
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

In 2013, the rate of current illicit drug use among persons aged 12 or older was 9.6 percent in large metropolitan areas, 9.8 percent in small metropolitan areas, and 7.8 percent in nonmetropolitan areas . Within nonmetropolitan areas, the rate was 8.9 percent in urbanized counties and 6.9 percent in both less urbanized counties and rural counties.

Comment

This one takes the cake. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2cLKClim7o

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          interesting. I don't believe that but ok
          check out the Watertown Daily Times. Meth arrest of the week.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            Most drug users these days are rural and white. That's not a generalization.
            In 2013, the rate of current illicit drug use among persons aged 12 or older was 9.6*percent in large metropolitan areas, 9.8*percent in small metropolitan areas, and 7.8*percent in nonmetropolitan areas (Figure*2.14). Within nonmetropolitan areas, the rate was 8.9*percent in urbanized counties and 6.9*percent in both less urbanized counties and rural counties
            In 2013, among persons aged 12 or older, the rate of current illicit drug use was 3.1*percent among Asians, 8.8*percent among Hispanics, 9.5*percent among whites, 10.5*percent among blacks, 12.3*percent among American Indians or Alaska Natives, 14.0*percent among Native Hawaiians or Other Pacific Islanders, and 17.4*percent among persons reporting two or more races
            0 for 2
            "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
            Groucho Marx
            "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
            Ron White
            "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
            Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
              0 for 2
              There are a bunch of inner city entrepreneurs coming to rural areas in Maine to sell their wares so no doubt rural areas have their issues but being a majority doesn't pass the smell test.

Comment

There are a bunch of inner city entrepreneurs coming to rural areas in Maine to sell their wares so no doubt rural areas have their issues but being a majority doesn't pass the smell test.
                Thank you, Governor LePage.

WV is every bit as f-cked up as NYC in the 70s. People who are still clinging to Reagan's race libel need only look at their less... sophisticated white neighbors to see what a true criminal class looks like.

Turns out poverty causes crime, not skin color. Who would have guessed?

But now that 30 years of Republican economics have caused grinding poverty to migrate from minorities to the whites, conservatives will actually start caring about it and seeing poor people as victims of systemic forces instead of lazy and stupid. I can't imagine what would make them change their minds, hmm, but whatever finally gets them over their bullsh-t is fine by me.
                Last edited by Kepler; 02-01-2017, 10:19 AM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Thank you, Governor LePage.
                  It is true that once the Rx Opioids became harder to get a couple gangs from New York and Connecticut (New Haven?) began running heroin up to Maine where it was selling for a lot more due to high opiate demand and now low supply. This pipeline supplies local dealers with heroin, and runs guns back down.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Thank you, Governor LePage..
                    What are you thanking him for?, in Maine its 40 years of Dem majorities in house and Senate. This started long before Lepage, he may be an idiot but he is hardly responsible for the woes of rural Maine

Comment

What are you thanking him for?, in Maine its 40 years of Dem majorities in house and Senate. This started long before Lepage, he may be an idiot but he is hardly responsible for the woes of rural Maine
                      I'm not accusing him of creating the problem, I'm congratulating you on your excellent impersonation in that paragraph.

The problem was caused by this guy, or more exactly this guy, and the latter has been trying expiate himself for it ever since.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 02-01-2017, 02:24 PM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare...o-repairing-it

Gee, color me shocked...

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          Imagine if they had started that work 6 years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                            Imagine if they had started that work 6 years ago...
                            Filibuster, filibuster, filibuster...
                            Veto, veto, veto, veto, veto...

Comment

Has Orrin Hatch been diagnosed as being senile yet? Yikes.

I've said before I'd be somewhat surprised if there's 50 votes in the Senate to repeal with no alternative. Especially the Medicaid expansion which benefits the blue collar rural whites that are the backbone of GOP support. Now there's talk in conservative circles to just cripple the law so that it collapses, but the bottom line remains the same. If Republicans have total control of the govt, and 30M people lose insurance whether by direct repeal or some slight of hand, Republicans will be the ones answering for it. Especially with Trump willing to sell them down the river at a moment's notice. I do however look forward to seeing the intellectual heavyweights that make up the right worm out of this one. Doesn't affect me anyway, so I can sit back with some popcorn and beer and enjoy the show.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                                It's funny. They're now stating the position that Trump took the week after the election, that he gave in a television interview.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X