Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Mark Meadows will hold out for public immolation of puppies.
    Duncan Black at Eschaton offered up as his sweetener, two children from each district shall fight to the death.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Alex Roarty‏Verified account @Alex_Roarty

GOP aide on CapHill: "I'm starting to think that while we're pretty good at winning elections, we're not great at the whole governing thing"
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

So, it doesn't pass Trump is walking, right? And that means that the GOP gets to hear about Health Care next election cycle over and over and over again. Good.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          CNN and MSNBC now reporting that Ryan is telling Trump they don't have the votes. MSNBC whip count is 32 GOP votes against. The FC has 29 declared members so that means 3 other nos.

What an epic fail.
          Thought there were a dozen moderates who bailed as well, but that could also be in flux.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            Thought there were a dozen moderates who bailed as well, but that could also be in flux.
            It seems the more the Freedom Caucus gets the less the moderates want to vote for it.

Found it.

In one stunning defection Friday, Appropriations Committee Chairman Rodney Frelinghuysen (R-N.J.) announced at midday that the health care bill is “currently unacceptable” and that changes made late Thursday to placate conservatives “raise serious coverage and cost issues.”
            https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...=.e88f6f9a5a6f
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              Alex Roarty‏Verified account @Alex_Roarty

GOP aide on CapHill: "I'm starting to think that while we're pretty good at winning elections, we're not great at the whole governing thing"
              Well that one Rep said if the bill cant pass it shows they are the party of obstruction but that they cannot get anything done...so it looks like the GOP is in the midst of an existential crisis
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                I doubt MSNBC had a hard count, and I doubt any of the GOP leadership were sharing that information. They probably got enough on record no statements plus some margin to make sure they didn't get egg on their face and then ran with it.

How did Fox play this story? Was it "nothing to see here, now look at these cute pandas!" or was it "despite yeoman efforts by brave conservatives the DEMON-crats have ignored the will of the people"?

In general, how does the Noise Machine break down now that the split has become a Mexican Standoff (Trump vs FC vs RNC)? Are they eliding the differences or have they chosen sides (it's Hannitty who crawled up Trump's rectum and lives there now, right?)
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Barbara Comstock says she's voting against TrumpCare: https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.e8c2a6c3c976

I don't know if she's necessarily a moderate per se, but she's in a district with enough of NoVa that she needs to be careful. My mom's in her district and said her initial newsletters were talking about how great TrumpCare is and how it was the solution to all of the world's problems. People (including my mom) deluged her office with calls against it, and a few days ago she said she was rethinking her stance; now she's a NO.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    Barbara Comstock says she's voting against TrumpCare: https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.e8c2a6c3c976

I don't know if she's necessarily a moderate per se, but she's in a district with enough of NoVa that she needs to be careful. My mom's in her district and said her initial newsletters were talking about how great TrumpCare is and how it was the solution to all of the world's problems. People (including my mom) deluged her office with calls against it, and a few days ago she said she was rethinking her stance; now she's a NO.
                    The system works.

As long as it's not taxing the wealthy; if you advocate that you can make all the calls you want -- the check tells your Member what to do.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

7 years and not only don't they have any ideas but they can't even come together to kill Planned Parenthood and give the rich their tax breaks. Wow.

Comment

And they pulled the bill.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          7 years and not only don't they have any ideas but they can't even come together to kill Planned Parenthood and give the rich their tax breaks. Wow.
                          It is funny. For 7 years, they've been screaming about repealing Obamacare, and during that entire time, they couldn't even do the least little bit of work to at least have a workable framework of a replacement ready to go. Lazy, cynical, or just plain negligent?
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            It is funny. For 7 years, they've been screaming about repealing Obamacare, and during that entire time, they couldn't even do the least little bit of work to at least have a workable framework of a replacement ready to go. Lazy, cynical, or just plain negligent?
                            I would have thought straight repeal, kill Planned Parenthood would have been enough. That destroys all the tax increases in Obamacare and gets rid of abortions. It hits all the high points and eliminates a theoretical entitlement. And they have the votes for that.

It must mean that some Republicans are actually nervous over those silly people in their districts who "claim" that Obamacare saved their lives. Like that's true.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              And they pulled the bill.
                              Now let's see if Trump makes good on his threat to keep ObamaCare in place if the bill fails. Or is this technically not a failure since they didn't vote?

Comment

Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
                                Now let's see if Trump makes good on his threat to keep ObamaCare in place if the bill fails. Or is this technically not a failure since they didn't vote?
                                I think they'll go for complete ignoring of reality. The bill was voted on, it has passed 700-0!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X