Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    So, because they won't pass health care legislation that's worse than Obamacare, you want to throw them out of office. You should be applauding them.

Of course, the only reason they won't vote for this bill is because it's not harmful enough to people for them. They want an even worse bill.
    I think walrus was more going after Frauddy for his whining.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It's still interesting political theater. How well did the FC'ers sleep last night? Are they worried about getting primaried at all if they vote no?
      I'd guess it's not a particularly hard political maneuver to spin that into a vote for Obamacare in their districts which mostly went heavily for Trump. Seems like there's a lot of pressure on those guys either way.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
        It's still interesting political theater. How well did the FC'ers sleep last night? Are they worried about getting primaried at all if they vote no?
        I'd guess it's not a particularly hard political maneuver to spin that into a vote for Obamacare in their districts which mostly went heavily for Trump. Seems like there's a lot of pressure on those guys either way.
        Just as interesting, don is playing this as if he's buying a used car- thinking that he can start walking out of the dealership, and they will come running to get his business.

But it's the opposite of that, as it's playing out- the more they try to compromise to make people happen, more cracks start to show up. Make the Freedumb guys happy, and all of a sudden moderates are not voting- noting more and more cracks.

Even more funny- as time is going on, many of the house are seeing Obama care for what it is- Romney Care warmed over- so this is a republican plan, with some tweaks, passed a Democrat who they hated so much that they used this one item as a crutch to be the opposition party. After 8 years of being JUST the opposition party, they can't figure out how to rule. Especially since the PPACA originated from one of them- so the core of it is hard to be opposed to for some.

One thing to take from this- if they can't get something like this, something every Republican has been flying the flag over for 7 years, to be "fixed" it seems unlikely they can get anything done. Which means all of the gloom and doom positions some want to take may not go anywhere. We could get 2 years of gridlock, all due to R's not agreeing with each other. Maybe not likely, but certainly possible.

Comment

The freedom caucus has the benefit of a great abbreviation: FC

Easily reread as ****ing ****suckers.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            I think walrus was more going after Frauddy for his whining.
            OK, I see that now.

Yeah, Flaggy, take your case to the people. See all the support you'll have, just hidden there, waiting to be unleashed. They're just looking for the right leader, someone who knows the truth and ain't afraid to say it.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

This has nothing to do with Obamacare and everything to do about power. Surprisingly there's an article that actually hit on this point:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...amacare-236443

Freedumb caucus was the big dogs on capitol hill. They took down The Boner, and prevented McCarthy from becoming Speaker. Problem is Trump got elected and now they're being marginalized...until this vote. This is their chance to prove they're the craziest bahstids in the room and are willing to sink the whole proposal in order to get their way. Trump has countered by saying he's a bigger nut than they are and is perfectly willing to let this whole effort crash and burn. Hence the demand for a vote today (which Ryan cowered down to).

Given that about a dozen moderates will vote against it, that means Ryan needs all but 10 nutters. You know people like Goehmert aren't voting in favor of it so even if he does get Meadows on board I'm curious if he can bring enough loons along for the ride.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                He's not just walking away. He's going to go play golf. What a piece of shut.

It's hilarious. He's going to wak away from the presidency eventually. Isn't he?
                don't the london bookies have this at even money?
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  This has nothing to do with Obamacare and everything to do about power. Surprisingly there's an article that actually hit on this point:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...amacare-236443

Freedumb caucus was the big dogs on capitol hill. They took down The Boner, and prevented McCarthy from becoming Speaker. Problem is Trump got elected and now they're being marginalized...until this vote. This is their chance to prove they're the craziest bahstids in the room and are willing to sink the whole proposal in order to get their way. Trump has countered by saying he's a bigger nut than they are and is perfectly willing to let this whole effort crash and burn. Hence the demand for a vote today (which Ryan cowered down to).

Given that about a dozen moderates will vote against it, that means Ryan needs all but 10 nutters. You know people like Goehmert aren't voting in favor of it so even if he does get Meadows on board I'm curious if he can bring enough loons along for the ride.
                  if it fails and tD moves on, that's perfect. what are we worried about then?

Comment

Heritage Action, I assume the political arm-twisting wing of the Heritage Foundation, came out today urging members to vote against it. And I don't see why anyone voting against it will be worried, as the Koch brothers have already said they'll have their backs.

I mean really, what's orange Man gonna do except be b*tchy towards them?
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                      It's still interesting political theater. How well did the FC'ers sleep last night?
                      Like a baby. They sleep the untroubled sleep of the just, or anyway of the pinwheel-eyed fanatic.

We are so used to Republicans being cynics and liars that it comes as a shock when a few of them (apparently, about 30) are sincere. The virtue those lack is empathy, not honesty.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 03-24-2017, 08:34 AM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        I mean really, what's orange Man gonna do except be b*tchy towards them?
                        why? isn't this the best outcome for him? doesn't have his name attached to 'crap'. and has scapegoats for why 'crap' continues to be law. plus he gets to go golf.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          They need to be primaried, start running now.
                          My representative's voting no. Why would I want to primary him?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            why? isn't this the best outcome for him? doesn't have his name attached to 'crap'. and has scapegoats for why 'crap' continues to be law. plus he gets to go golf.
                            If he were a rational pol he could probably make the silk purse, but he's a narcissistic illiterate, and every network is going to lead with his inability to close the deal -- his signature shtick.

Not to mention that he's a mentally unbalanced authoritarian crackpot surrounded by Yes Men who won't give him any perspective.

Yes, I'm sure he'll handle it with poise and equanimity.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              My representative's voting no. Why would I want to primary him?
                              Do you think it will pass?
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                If he were a rational pol he could probably make the silk purse, but he's a narcissistic illiterate, and every network is going to lead with his inability to close the deal -- his signature shtick.

Not to mention that he's a mentally unbalanced authoritarian crackpot surrounded by Yes Men who won't give him any perspective.

Yes, I'm sure he'll handle it with poise and equanimity.
                                tD will cry fake news. plus he has new enemies. he luvs enemies!!!!! you did watch the election season, no?

this is really perfect. if anything he now has reason to disband congress with justification for that 27% to support him

Comment

Working...
                                X