Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    They can only afford 22 defectors, Freedumb counts 25. The f-ck does Trump think he's gonna threaten them with? They're to his right. He has zero leverage against them and if he tries to LBJ them they go to the brownshirts and then Dumpster's in trouble with his own base.

Invest in popcorn.
    The best part...this just proves that Ryan is as worthless as John Boehner was. This is his baby, he has the House and Senate on his side and he cant push it through. Go back to doing kegstands thinking about screwing over the poor you complete and total d-bag.

Trump and Ryan made the mistake everyone told them not to make...dont bite the hand that feeds. They got elected because they promised to bring back the glory of the White Voter and now you are screwing them over. Never **** off Whitey!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      The best part...this just proves that Ryan is as worthless as John Boehner was. This is his baby, he has the House and Senate on his side and he cant push it through. Go back to doing kegstands thinking about screwing over the poor you complete and total d-bag.

Trump and Ryan made the mistake everyone told them not to make...dont bite the hand that feeds. They got elected because they promised to bring back the glory of the White Voter and now you are screwing them over. Never **** off Whitey!
      Nate Silver‏Verified account @NateSilver538 Mar 21

Seems like Trump/Ryan should have begun with a bill that either moderates really loved OR conservatives really loved & bargained from there…

Nate Silver‏Verified account @NateSilver538 Mar 21

…instead they began with a bill that nobody loved and are having to fight a two-front war. That's tough to negotiate your way out of.

Whoops
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Yeah, I've already seen all three members of Congress for Alaska come out against it, even Dan "Mr. Koch on line 1" Sullivan. And judging from tone I don't think Don Young will be voting for it, so that's one defector.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          They can only afford 22 defectors, Freedumb counts 25. The f-ck does Trump think he's gonna threaten them with? They're to his right. He has zero leverage against them and if he tries to LBJ them they go to the brownshirts and then Dumpster's in trouble with his own base.

Invest in popcorn.
          Mmmm, neon orange "butter". Reminds of something, but I can't quite recall...

Comment

by taking away mandatory covered items, it gives people more choice

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Ah, but mookie is smart right?

People are dumb. I don't want choices. I want good, affordable care. They republicans equate choices with quality. Well, you can eat a dog turd, cow sh_t, kitty litter truffles, or a glass of pigeon sh_t. Which would you like?

The GOP voters eat it right up. "Ooh! I'll take the poo-poo platter!"
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Based on what I've read the best bet for the GOP to survive is straight repeal. That's what their voters want and that's what their representatives want. This abortion they came up with is not going to work.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

if we can have choice, mookie would like to choose out of military spending

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    That would be nice but it's not going to happen. Vets don't even get that deal.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      That would be nice but it's not going to happen. Vets don't even get that deal.
                      but choice is good!

Comment

but choice is good!
                        At this point this is what I'd like to see.

1. Medicaid stay intact. Have financial means testing for it.
                        2. Medicare for all from age 50 and up. Supplemental insurance handled by insurance companies.
                        3. Federal Government takes over the High Risk pools and places them directly into Medicaid.
                        4. Rest of insurance stays intact.

Done.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Based on what I've read the best bet for the GOP to survive is straight repeal. That's what their voters want and that's what their representatives want. This abortion they came up with is not going to work.
                          Straight repeal is bad for them, too. First because it will harm about 20 million people, and second because then their lies about Obamacare will be exposed so brutally and straightforwardly that even a few Republican voters will catch on.

They need to go through some sort of caisson lock so they can keep claiming that whatever horror they finally foist on the public is better than Obamacare would have been. A straight one-to-one comparison will destroy them.

I'm convinced that they should let the Freedumbs kill their plan, then continue to sabotage Obamacare until it bankrupts due to lack of funding, and then blame the Dems and the 'dumbs who wouldn't be whipped to Ryan. That could give them a win-win: keep the base distracted by reflex Dem Hate and also sink some of the more insane 'dumbs in the next primary cycle and possibly get the House in order.

But even so, the odds are long they wouldn't get just as much if not more mud on themselves as their opponents. They have well and truly f-cked themselves with the games they played the last 8 years, and their Hindenburg Moment couldn't happen to a more fitting group of swine.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 03-23-2017, 08:56 AM.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

by taking away mandatory covered items, it gives people more choice

Yes, you add the choice of "NO" to the equation. Sometimes by choice, more by not affording it.

That's the only choice this new plan adds.

Comment

Because the world is always better off with less live people.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                Yes, you add the choice of "NO" to the equation. Sometimes by choice, more by not affording it.

That's the only choice this new plan adds.
                                if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

Comment

Working...
                                X