Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Not all of them:

Trump overpromised and Ryan took his shot...and it is going to fail in spectacular fashion

In fact it is a win/win politically for the Dems...if it passes then every GOPer who voted for it is now in play. If it doesnt, those that voted for are still in trouble but also the infighting will be epic and it will basically make Ryan look as worthless as his predecessor. This was the bill the GOP wanted, this is a GOP wet dream and while in theory it was fun to talk about their base isnt going to take kindly to being treated like Jodie Foster in Witness
    I wonder. Usually the GOP can do no wrong. They'll find a way to blame the Democrats even though it's their bill. We've seen it before.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      I wonder. Usually the GOP can do no wrong. They'll find a way to blame the Democrats even though it's their bill. We've seen it before.
      It wont work...the rubes are too engaged this time around. When they are showing up and shouting down their GOP overlords who rip ObamaCare and call them liars that shows they arent falling for the tricks. This isnt a bunch of random people in the middle of nowhere being screwed...this isnt Jose Juarez and LaFonda Jackson losing their Medicaid...this is Paul Smith Anytown, Iowa and Sandy Johnson from Whitebread, Montana not being able to afford their health care. (which they probably didnt have before THANKS OBAMA!!!!!!!) Sandy and Paul might not care about Jose and Lafonda but they certainly care about themselves.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Al Franken
        Fresh off the presses is the new Republican plan to replace the ACA -- Trumpcare. And there's a good reason the negotiations were conducted in secret.

It's terrible.

The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) reported that Trumpcare would rip coverage away from 24 million Americans.

Tell Republicans: No Trumpcare. Add your name.

Trumpcare is bad for so many people.

It's bad for seniors: This plan implements an Age Tax, allowing insurance companies to charge up to five times more in their premiums than younger Americans. Prescription drug costs could go up. Some seniors could see their premiums increase by more than $4,000 a year. It also dismantles Medicaid -- a program that pays for one in two nursing home residents in Minnesota.

It's bad for women: The bill defunds Planned Parenthood. It allows insurance companies to charge women more for care. And it decimates Medicaid, where three-quarters of all public dollars for family planning come from.

It's bad for middle class families and low-income people: This bill stops the current premium subsidies and provides woefully inadequate replacement. It also dismantles Medicaid expansion efforts which covers hundreds of thousands in Minnesota alone.

It's bad for people with preexisting conditions: The Republican replacement plan makes it harder for people with pre-existing conditions to find affordable coverage.

It's bad for people in rural communities: This bill will starve many of our rural hospitals and nursing homes of critical funding. It could cut thousands of jobs and lead to the closure of rural hospitals, nursing homes, and other care facilities.

Oh, I'm sorry. There is one group of people who this plan is good for: Health insurance CEOs, drug companies, and the wealthy. They're getting some pretty nice handouts.

Congressional Republicans should shove this plan back into whatever drawer it came from. They really need to talk to some constituents, some patients' rights groups, maybe a few people from our side of the aisle, and try again. Tell Republicans: No, no, no on Trumpcare. Add your name >>

Thanks.

Al
        Al has been emailing a lot lately...he is gearing up for a fight!

Here is the Petition
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It'll pass the House around 1 am Friday. The real battle is in the Senate.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            It'll pass the House around 1 am Friday. The real battle is in the Senate.
            That's fine. I don't care if it passes or not. I just want whatever happens to hang around the GOP's neck.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I've been thinking, and no, I didn't hurt myself. Trump is getting nothing done. He's a political nightmare for the republicans. Say Pence takes over. Is that going to be better long term?

Policy won't shift much economically, we'll see a greater emphasis on pushing Christian Sharia, and environmental policy probably won't be as drastic a shift (but it will still be bad). The only benefit I see is we won't have a maniac with the nukes.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                I've been thinking, and no, I didn't hurt myself. Trump is getting nothing done. He's a political nightmare for the republicans. Say Pence takes over. Is that going to be better long term?

Policy won't shift much economically, we'll see a greater emphasis on pushing Christian Sharia, and environmental policy probably won't be as drastic a shift (but it will still be bad). The only benefit I see is we won't have a maniac with the nukes.
                Getting nothing done? He's done more in two months than Obama did in eight years. Or is your only judge this PPACA/PPACA II?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Getting nothing done? He's done more in two months than Obama did in eight years. Or is your only judge this PPACA/PPACA II?
                  You mean signing a bunch of Executive Orders that have been shot down by courts and making up new lies on an hourly basis? (lets not forget having your administration investigated by a Congress run by your party for possible outside tampering and illegal contact with foreign agents and giving away State Secrets) The only thing he has done is everything you said Obama would do except you hated Obama and you (golden) shower Trump with praise. Gee I wonder why that is...

(here is a hint since you have no ability to reasonably deduce...you are a fraud and an embarrassment to your cause)
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Can you list them, specifically. Ones that are not being held up in court due to the questionable legalities that surround them.

In the time frame that don has done stuff, President Obama saved GM and Chrysler. That saved hundreds of thousands of jobs. That's pretty significant. More than don has done. Even more than he takes credit for.

Comment

This is hilarious.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/21/u...smtyp=cur&_r=0

Republican Health Care Bill - 24 million lose insurance.
                      Full Repeal - 23 million lose insurance
                      The 2016 Repeal the House Passed last year - 32 million lose insurance.

The Republicans sure are problem solvers. That's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

The only "benefit" of Trump staying on is the possibility of a complete GOP meltdown in the midterms. OTOH, the downside of Trump staying on is a maniac not only with nukes but with the budget and the environment and foreign policy and on and on.

It could be short term better for us if Trump managed to survive all four years, but the catastrophic damage to America is too great. Here's hoping his next tweet storm is a genuine aneurysm instead of only a metaphorical one.

The ideal way for him to go out is of course impeachment, but that will never happen with a GOP Congress. They would literally let the world burn rather than risk offending their brownshirt base.

Next is natural causes.

The worst of course would be violence, which would unleash such a lunatic fascistic response that the GOP program would be advanced 20 years in a great leap forward towards their endgame plutocratic police state. Trump should be encased in bubble wrap, and not just to muffle his speech and cut his cell signal. Nothing better happen to that guy, because the Reichstag Fire will pale in comparison to what the Republicans would do to America if given that opportunity.

There's your real conspiracy, Flag. The GOP assassinates Trump, pins it on liberals / blacks / Muslims / heck throw women in there too, and then brings the hammer down on whatever few civil liberties have escaped Tangerine Tamerlane. False Flag FTW.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 03-22-2017, 10:21 AM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The worst of course would be violence, which would unleash such a lunatic fascistic response that the GOP program would be advanced 20 years in a great leap forward towards their endgame plutocratic police state. Trump should be encased in bubble wrap, and not just to muffle his speech and cut his cell signal. Nothing better happen to that guy, because the Reichstag Fire will pale in comparison to what the Republicans would do to America if given that opportunity.
                          This is basically the point I made when folks were complaining about the cost of protecting Trump. To borrow a phrase, the Left should definitely pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival... of Donald Trump.

Anything untoward happens to that guy and the left is doomed for several years. Even more so if he survives like Reagan.
                          Originally posted by WiscTJK
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                            Even more so if he survives like Reagan.
                            Jesus. I hadn't even thought of that. Ivan the Terrible with an NSA.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Hearing GOP freedom caucus killing bill as of now. Invited by Trump to White House tomorrow.

Comment

Hearing GOP freedom caucus killing bill as of now. Invited by Trump to White House tomorrow.
                                They can only afford 22 defectors, Freedumb counts 25. The f-ck does Trump think he's gonna threaten them with? They're to his right. He has zero leverage against them and if he tries to LBJ them they go to the brownshirts and then Dumpster's in trouble with his own base.

Invest in popcorn.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X