Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Quote Originally Posted by BassAle View Post
    Obama tried hard to get Snowe to vote for the ACA, and even was willing to make some changes for her, but in the end she held the party line. Some republicans still don't forgive her for voting it out of committee. I don't think he wanted something that couldn't get any republican votes, but he probably should have known better since their #1 priority was to obstruct him.
    I agree. Not only did he underestimate opposition but Reid also got duped by his so called friends who kept telling him they were negotiating in good faith while at the same time telling their own people they were trying to run out the clock.

But, having said that, the bottom line my lefty friends don't seem to want to acknowledge is you wouldn't find even 50 Dems, let alone 60, who were going to vote for single payer immediately which seems to be their main complaint about the ACA. It was a non-starter so they should be happy to get what they got. Mind you happy and satisfied aren't the same things. From a political standpoint however, if they're blasting the ACA as ineffectual, and the Goopers are saying the same thing (but for different reasons) what is the general public supposed to make of it? Essentially Dem ACA opponents are doing the bidding of conservatives.

A radical change like single payer for all takes generations to enact. Knuckledraggers started agitating for the privatization of social security back in the late 70's! It took them almost 30 years to finally get a vote on it (which mercifully lost). Hard core libs seem to either want immediate action without putting in the decades of work or they'll not vote and allow Ryan-McConnell-Trump complete control of the govt. Not sure I understand that logic.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

They ignore ridicule & fight; I win

Now this is a bill I can get behind, and I sincerely hope my representative votes "Yes". https://www.scribd.com/document/3432...Act#from_embed
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/04/u...smtyp=cur&_r=0

Appears the Republicans want to do away with coverage in insurance. Which means that you can get cheap insurance but if you really get sick you're going to go bankrupt. I think right now I support this plan. Life is the lottery anyway. If I get the Big "C" do I really care if I go bankrupt too?

The good news is now we know the Republicans have absolutely no ideas on Health Care. None. We knew that before but here they are going at it a second time and the ideas are same old same old.

This country doesn't solve problems anymore. At this point I'm willing to bet we did fake the moon landing.
    Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 04-04-2017 at 10:40 AM.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

The Dark One

I am 100% in favor of Goopers passing this bill. Either it jams them up with voters, or the very people voting Republican take it in the shorts if it becomes law. That's called a win-win situation!

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

I am 100% in favor of Goopers passing this bill. Either it jams them up with voters, or the very people voting Republican take it in the shorts if it becomes law. That's called a win-win situation!
    I have this sinking feeling it won't pass. I hope it does as well. I want them to put their money where their mouth is so that it finally either changes peoples minds when they vote or gets them to stop ****ing whining all the time.

Either way, win win.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Thirded.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

The Dark One

Looks like this scheme fell apart as well, as they told knucks' one thing and only half crazies something else, both sides can't agree in the House. FWIW this seems like a Ponzi Scheme, where you tell the participants that they're this close to seeing the money so they won't call the police on you. Trump will dangle a potential repeal in front of his supporters for the next 2 years, if only the House can come together. This will be dutifully reported by the lamestream media as a yuuuge accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/04/u...smtyp=cur&_r=0

This country doesn't solve problems anymore. At this point I'm willing to bet we did fake the moon landing.
    I don't see how you can doubt the moon landing and, at the same time, believe the 2002 and 2003 ice hockey championships were legit. That's just fu ked up.

Looks like this scheme fell apart as well, as they told knucks' one thing and only half crazies something else, both sides can't agree in the House. FWIW this seems like a Ponzi Scheme, where you tell the participants that they're this close to seeing the money so they won't call the police on you. Trump will dangle a potential repeal in front of his supporters for the next 2 years, if only the House can come together. This will be dutifully reported by the lamestream media as a yuuuge accomplishment.
    The media isnt going to do Trump any favors...especially on health care. Even Faux wont give him cover for his failure.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

I don't see how you can doubt the moon landing and, at the same time, believe the 2002 and 2003 ice hockey championships were legit. That's just fu ked up.
    Yeah, well, I'm weird that way.

2003 ice hockey championships
    Slowly I turned...
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Yep, still here

The GOP is starting to figure out that when they got their base all up in arms about ousting "Obamacare"... it was much, much more about the "Obama" than about the "care".
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    The GOP is starting to figure out that when they got their base all up in arms about ousting "Obamacare"... it was much, much more about the "Obama" than about the "care".
    http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...10/119/9b3.png

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    Remember the polling of Republicans concerning the state of the economy. The week before the election they were about 15/65 (good/bad), The week after they were about 40/40.

It's almost as if their perception of empirical reality is just a function of their whims and desires.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

For anyone in the twin cities, Keith Ellison and Andy slavitt are hosting a healthcare forum in Hopkins tomorrow at 6pm. Really wish I could go.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/20/u...smtyp=cur&_r=0

White House officials, desperate to demonstrate progress on President Trump’s promise to repeal the Affordable Care Act, are pushing to resurrect a Republican health care bill before his 100th day in office next week.
    Where are the new ideas?

The latest version of the proposal, published Thursday morning by Politico, would maintain popular benefits in President Barack Obama’s signature domestic achievement, like guaranteed coverage for emergency services and maternity care. It would also preserve the health law’s ban on insurers rejecting customers with pre-existing medical conditions.

But under this Affordable Care Act replacement, states could seek waivers from many of those mandates if they demonstrate that premiums would be lowered, the number of insured people would increase, or “the public interest of the state” would be advanced.

States could request an exemption from the rule intended to ensure that people with pre-existing conditions could not be charged prohibitive premiums — but only if those states establish a high-risk insurance pool.

“The plan gets better and better and better, and it’s gotten really, really good, and a lot of people are liking it a lot,” Mr. Trump said. Asked if a health bill could pass as Congress tries to avert a government shutdown, the president said, “I think we’ll get both.”

lubba wubba dub dub

Scooby, either you're being intentionally dim on this, or you're just not reading it correctly.

But under this Affordable Care Act replacement, states could seek waivers from many of those mandates if they demonstrate that premiums would be lowered, the number of insured people would increase, or “the public interest of the state” would be advanced.

States could request an exemption from the rule intended to ensure that people with pre-existing conditions could not be charged prohibitive premiums — but only if those states establish a high-risk insurance pool.
    For Minnesota, that's basically a return to the pre-ACA situation in this state. As to the first paragraph of the full quote you gave, the changes to the old MN law would be the maternity care and pre-existing conditions clause.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Scooby, either you're being intentionally dim on this, or you're just not reading it correctly.

For Minnesota, that's basically a return to the pre-ACA situation in this state. As to the first paragraph of the full quote you gave, the changes to the old MN law would be the maternity care and pre-existing conditions clause.
    That's not new ideas. I want new ideas. Health Care was a disaster before the ACA and it's a disaster after ACA. I want something new.

lubba wubba dub dub

That's not new ideas. I want new ideas. Health Care was a disaster before the ACA and it's a disaster after ACA. I want something new.
    To a lot of people, what's old is new. It's new because it's different from the current situation, like fashion trends. No, I'm not kidding. Because people have the memories of Gypsy moths.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    To a lot of people, what's old is new. It's new because it's different from the current situation, like fashion trends. No, I'm not kidding. Because people have the memories of Gypsy moths.
    Well, sorry, my memory is more elephant than Gypsy Moth. I want something new. I want some real problem solving.

Thread Information