Page 1 of 51 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Lucia Apologist

The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Yes, people under 50 use Post-Its. Everyone at work does.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Just wondered. I haven't bought any in probably a decade.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

Lucia Apologist

And it's not just because of where I work that we use them, we used them at my old job as well.

Faster to write sometimes than it is to type. Sometimes.
    Code:
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

Internet Nutcase

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Yes, people under 50 use Post-Its. Everyone at work does.
    I used to, but now I have floor to ceiling whiteboard walls in my office so I just write all over the place.

Lucia Apologist

Actually, I wish I could share the picture of the unique way I used them last year during an emergency project. Basically I used them as a real life Gantt chart with resource assignments. We must have gone through a couple hundred of them on that project.

I could have used something like Excel or MS Project, but it was easier to have a publicly available and easily modified system than using electronic tools. I tried for the first few days on Project and Excel and they were abysmal failures.
    Code:

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by BassAle View Post
    I used to, but now I have floor to ceiling whiteboard walls in my office so I just write all over the place.
    Sweet jeebus. What I wouldn't do for something like that.
    Code:

lubba wubba dub dub

We used them in our scrum room back at the old office building, assigning tasks and such on the scrum wall.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    We used them in our scrum room back at the old office building, assigning tasks and such on the scrum wall.
    That's what I was going to say too, I think scrum was secretly developed by 3m to boost post-it sales.

Whiteboard paint is a nightmare to erase if there is any texture to the walls at all.

Lucia Apologist

That must be the same as a tier review. We have them as well.
    Code:

Internet Nutcase

Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    That's what I was going to say too, I think scrum was secretly developed by 3m to boost post-it sales.

Whiteboard paint is a nightmare to erase if there is any texture to the walls at all.
    this isn't paint, its almost like a wallpaper but much thicker. However, when I moved offices they got the 'matte' finish for the new office (so you can project on it without glare, which I don't do) and it does suck to erase compared to my old office (at times I've resorted to using a damp cloth to erase, which seems to work okay on this surface).

lubba wubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post

With the new building, we moved to some software that acts as an electronic scrum wall. I've not personally used it, but have seen it used. It's a little tidier, though I'm not sure what the learning curve is.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

lubba wubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    That must be the same as a tier review. We have them as well.
    I don't know what a tier review is, but here's an overview on Scrum project methodology - a type of agile development.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    With the new building, we moved to some software that acts as an electronic scrum wall. I've not personally used it, but have seen it used. It's a little tidier, though I'm not sure what the learning curve is.
    We tried VersionOne, but making the change mid stream just didn't work. Integrating it with ReqPro was pretty much impossible.

We eat our own dog food, and just do stories and sprints within ServiceNow's PPM module. We consult on and configure the platform, so it only makes sense.

Anyway, now that I've derailed the thread...
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

They ignore ridicule & fight; I win

We received non-sticky notes similar to PostIt at my old job during a "Don't Label" campaign. I still use them when I need to draw a map for when I travel somewhere.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Did you use whiteboard paint, whiteboards instead of dry wall, or something else? I've always wanted something like that.

I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.

I notice that the government is blocking the proposed Aetna - Humana merger on anti-competitive grounds; and the CIGNA - Anthem merger seems headed toward a similar fate.

I don't have a problem with that; it seems like one of the reasons behind the merger is to position themselves for monopolistic pricing practices by reducing the number of competitors in the marketplace.

I wish we'd see similar action on the provider side: provider networks are also consolidating. I think there are only three provider networks left in CT now; just about every formerly-independent practice has been bought up by one of them since 2012.
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

Wanted to know more about the PPACA? Hear from Jonathan Gruber, the architect of the plan: http://www.infowars.com/obamacare-ar...elp-everybody/

Internet Nutcase

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Did you use whiteboard paint, whiteboards instead of dry wall, or something else? I've always wanted something like that.
    it is a whiteboard surface that they apply over the dry wall (glues on). It comes in a big roll (but not wide enough to go floor to ceiling, so I have a seam running horizontally about 2-3 feet off the floor). This is the second office I've had with it, the first office was much better. Our facilities people switched to a "matte" finish when they did my current office, and it sucks for erasing. They say it can be used for a projector surface, but I don't do that. When I had the smooth finish, it was actually the same thing they use for all the whiteboards in our conference rooms (but in those cases they put a wooden marker tray and frame around it and don't go floor to ceiling). Right now I'm in an 'open concept' office with some other software engineers. We have a corner with an informal meeting area: leather couch and a 55 inch TV (with Apple TV so we can display our computer screens on it, also has a computer hooked up to it with a wireless keyboard/trackpad), 1 small private office that anyone can grab if they need privacy, a conference room with a Polycom system for meetings with our other site, and then desks kind of in the middle of the room, and whiteboards on 3 walls (other wall is all window).

it is a whiteboard surface that they apply over the dry wall (glues on). It comes in a big roll (but not wide enough to go floor to ceiling, so I have a seam running horizontally about 2-3 feet off the floor). This is the second office I've had with it, the first office was much better. Our facilities people switched to a "matte" finish when they did my current office, and it sucks for erasing. They say it can be used for a projector surface, but I don't do that. When I had the smooth finish, it was actually the same thing they use for all the whiteboards in our conference rooms (but in those cases they put a wooden marker tray and frame around it and don't go floor to ceiling). Right now I'm in an 'open concept' office with some other software engineers. We have a corner with an informal meeting area: leather couch and a 55 inch TV (with Apple TV so we can display our computer screens on it, also has a computer hooked up to it with a wireless keyboard/trackpad), 1 small private office that anyone can grab if they need privacy, a conference room with a Polycom system for meetings with our other site, and then desks kind of in the middle of the room, and whiteboards on 3 walls (other wall is all window).
    Interesting. I've actually wondered where you can buy that sort of whiteboard surface, as whenever FlagDUDETTE and I are able to buy a house, I'd like to have that either in my office (although trying to explain to the little pennant-to-be that you generally don't draw on the wall will be something else), or use it with a projector. Probably something I can look up, now that I know you could also get a whiteboard roll instead of just paint. Thanks for all the information, including on the other posts.

Thread Information