Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

That, and Lieberman basically had the ultimate say on the health insurance debate.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
      Obama went with something he thought could get some moderate republican support rather than go for something liberal
      Merrick Garland, white courtesy telephone please.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

No, Obama went with something that could get moderate Dem support. Not moderate Republicans, who aside from the aforementioned Chaffee (who, again eventually became a Democrat and wasn't in the Senate IIRC in 2009) didn't exist. That's the part people struggle with. "Medicaid for all" = bill that doesn't pass. Then you have no Medicaid expansion, no insurers having to pay 80% of premiums towards healthcare, no set list of things that have to be covered, no higher surcharge on the very wealthy to pay for it all.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          No, the problems aren't. Dems have sat out the 2010, 2014, and 2016 elections. Don't you want to know why?
          My Facebook says the Russians spiked the water in swing states and Flint is the result of them botching the cover-up.

Now you know!
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

No, Obama went with something that could get moderate Dem support. Not moderate Republicans, who aside from the aforementioned Chaffee (who, again eventually became a Democrat and wasn't in the Senate IIRC in 2009) didn't exist.
            Obama tried hard to get Snowe to vote for the ACA, and even was willing to make some changes for her, but in the end she held the party line. Some republicans still don't forgive her for voting it out of committee. I don't think he wanted something that couldn't get any republican votes, but he probably should have known better since their #1 priority was to obstruct him.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
              Obama tried hard to get Snowe to vote for the ACA, and even was willing to make some changes for her, but in the end she held the party line. Some republicans still don't forgive her for voting it out of committee. I don't think he wanted something that couldn't get any republican votes, but he probably should have known better since their #1 priority was to obstruct him.
              I agree. Not only did he underestimate opposition but Reid also got duped by his so called friends who kept telling him they were negotiating in good faith while at the same time telling their own people they were trying to run out the clock.

But, having said that, the bottom line my lefty friends don't seem to want to acknowledge is you wouldn't find even 50 Dems, let alone 60, who were going to vote for single payer immediately which seems to be their main complaint about the ACA. It was a non-starter so they should be happy to get what they got. Mind you happy and satisfied aren't the same things. From a political standpoint however, if they're blasting the ACA as ineffectual, and the Goopers are saying the same thing (but for different reasons) what is the general public supposed to make of it? Essentially Dem ACA opponents are doing the bidding of conservatives.

A radical change like single payer for all takes generations to enact. Knuckledraggers started agitating for the privatization of social security back in the late 70's! It took them almost 30 years to finally get a vote on it (which mercifully lost). Hard core libs seem to either want immediate action without putting in the decades of work or they'll not vote and allow Ryan-McConnell-Trump complete control of the govt. Not sure I understand that logic.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Now this is a bill I can get behind, and I sincerely hope my representative votes "Yes". https://www.scribd.com/document/3432...Act#from_embed

Comment

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/04/u...smtyp=cur&_r=0

Appears the Republicans want to do away with coverage in insurance. Which means that you can get cheap insurance but if you really get sick you're going to go bankrupt. I think right now I support this plan. Life is the lottery anyway. If I get the Big "C" do I really care if I go bankrupt too?

The good news is now we know the Republicans have absolutely no ideas on Health Care. None. We knew that before but here they are going at it a second time and the ideas are same old same old.

This country doesn't solve problems anymore. At this point I'm willing to bet we did fake the moon landing.
                  Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 04-04-2017, 10:40 AM.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I am 100% in favor of Goopers passing this bill. Either it jams them up with voters, or the very people voting Republican take it in the shorts if it becomes law. That's called a win-win situation!

Comment

I am 100% in favor of Goopers passing this bill. Either it jams them up with voters, or the very people voting Republican take it in the shorts if it becomes law. That's called a win-win situation!
                      I have this sinking feeling it won't pass. I hope it does as well. I want them to put their money where their mouth is so that it finally either changes peoples minds when they vote or gets them to stop ****ing whining all the time.

Either way, win win.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Thirded.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Looks like this scheme fell apart as well, as they told knucks' one thing and only half crazies something else, both sides can't agree in the House. FWIW this seems like a Ponzi Scheme, where you tell the participants that they're this close to seeing the money so they won't call the police on you. Trump will dangle a potential repeal in front of his supporters for the next 2 years, if only the House can come together. This will be dutifully reported by the lamestream media as a yuuuge accomplishment.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/04/u...smtyp=cur&_r=0

This country doesn't solve problems anymore. At this point I'm willing to bet we did fake the moon landing.
                            I don't see how you can doubt the moon landing and, at the same time, believe the 2002 and 2003 ice hockey championships were legit. That's just fu ked up.

Comment

Looks like this scheme fell apart as well, as they told knucks' one thing and only half crazies something else, both sides can't agree in the House. FWIW this seems like a Ponzi Scheme, where you tell the participants that they're this close to seeing the money so they won't call the police on you. Trump will dangle a potential repeal in front of his supporters for the next 2 years, if only the House can come together. This will be dutifully reported by the lamestream media as a yuuuge accomplishment.
                              The media isnt going to do Trump any favors...especially on health care. Even Faux wont give him cover for his failure.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                                I don't see how you can doubt the moon landing and, at the same time, believe the 2002 and 2003 ice hockey championships were legit. That's just fu ked up.
                                Yeah, well, I'm weird that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X