Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Yes, people under 50 use Post-Its. Everyone at work does.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Just wondered. I haven't bought any in probably a decade.

Comment

And it's not just because of where I work that we use them, we used them at my old job as well.

Faster to write sometimes than it is to type. Sometimes.
      Code:
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Yes, people under 50 use Post-Its. Everyone at work does.
        I used to, but now I have floor to ceiling whiteboard walls in my office so I just write all over the place.

Comment

Actually, I wish I could share the picture of the unique way I used them last year during an emergency project. Basically I used them as a real life Gantt chart with resource assignments. We must have gone through a couple hundred of them on that project.

I could have used something like Excel or MS Project, but it was easier to have a publicly available and easily modified system than using electronic tools. I tried for the first few days on Project and Excel and they were abysmal failures.
          Code:

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
            I used to, but now I have floor to ceiling whiteboard walls in my office so I just write all over the place.
            Sweet jeebus. What I wouldn't do for something like that.
            Code:

Comment

We used them in our scrum room back at the old office building, assigning tasks and such on the scrum wall.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                We used them in our scrum room back at the old office building, assigning tasks and such on the scrum wall.
                That's what I was going to say too, I think scrum was secretly developed by 3m to boost post-it sales.

Whiteboard paint is a nightmare to erase if there is any texture to the walls at all.

Comment

That must be the same as a tier review. We have them as well.
                  Code:

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                    That's what I was going to say too, I think scrum was secretly developed by 3m to boost post-it sales.

Whiteboard paint is a nightmare to erase if there is any texture to the walls at all.
                    this isn't paint, its almost like a wallpaper but much thicker. However, when I moved offices they got the 'matte' finish for the new office (so you can project on it without glare, which I don't do) and it does suck to erase compared to my old office (at times I've resorted to using a damp cloth to erase, which seems to work okay on this surface).

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post

With the new building, we moved to some software that acts as an electronic scrum wall. I've not personally used it, but have seen it used. It's a little tidier, though I'm not sure what the learning curve is.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        That must be the same as a tier review. We have them as well.
                        I don't know what a tier review is, but here's an overview on Scrum project methodology - a type of agile development.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          With the new building, we moved to some software that acts as an electronic scrum wall. I've not personally used it, but have seen it used. It's a little tidier, though I'm not sure what the learning curve is.
                          We tried VersionOne, but making the change mid stream just didn't work. Integrating it with ReqPro was pretty much impossible.

Comment

We eat our own dog food, and just do stories and sprints within ServiceNow's PPM module. We consult on and configure the platform, so it only makes sense.

Anyway, now that I've derailed the thread...

Comment

We received non-sticky notes similar to PostIt at my old job during a "Don't Label" campaign. I still use them when I need to draw a map for when I travel somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X