Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
    I used to, but now I have floor to ceiling whiteboard walls in my office so I just write all over the place.
    Did you use whiteboard paint, whiteboards instead of dry wall, or something else? I've always wanted something like that.

Comment

I notice that the government is blocking the proposed Aetna - Humana merger on anti-competitive grounds; and the CIGNA - Anthem merger seems headed toward a similar fate.

I don't have a problem with that; it seems like one of the reasons behind the merger is to position themselves for monopolistic pricing practices by reducing the number of competitors in the marketplace.

I wish we'd see similar action on the provider side: provider networks are also consolidating. I think there are only three provider networks left in CT now; just about every formerly-independent practice has been bought up by one of them since 2012.
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Wanted to know more about the PPACA? Hear from Jonathan Gruber, the architect of the plan: http://www.infowars.com/obamacare-ar...elp-everybody/

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Did you use whiteboard paint, whiteboards instead of dry wall, or something else? I've always wanted something like that.
          it is a whiteboard surface that they apply over the dry wall (glues on). It comes in a big roll (but not wide enough to go floor to ceiling, so I have a seam running horizontally about 2-3 feet off the floor). This is the second office I've had with it, the first office was much better. Our facilities people switched to a "matte" finish when they did my current office, and it sucks for erasing. They say it can be used for a projector surface, but I don't do that. When I had the smooth finish, it was actually the same thing they use for all the whiteboards in our conference rooms (but in those cases they put a wooden marker tray and frame around it and don't go floor to ceiling). Right now I'm in an 'open concept' office with some other software engineers. We have a corner with an informal meeting area: leather couch and a 55 inch TV (with Apple TV so we can display our computer screens on it, also has a computer hooked up to it with a wireless keyboard/trackpad), 1 small private office that anyone can grab if they need privacy, a conference room with a Polycom system for meetings with our other site, and then desks kind of in the middle of the room, and whiteboards on 3 walls (other wall is all window).

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
            it is a whiteboard surface that they apply over the dry wall (glues on). It comes in a big roll (but not wide enough to go floor to ceiling, so I have a seam running horizontally about 2-3 feet off the floor). This is the second office I've had with it, the first office was much better. Our facilities people switched to a "matte" finish when they did my current office, and it sucks for erasing. They say it can be used for a projector surface, but I don't do that. When I had the smooth finish, it was actually the same thing they use for all the whiteboards in our conference rooms (but in those cases they put a wooden marker tray and frame around it and don't go floor to ceiling). Right now I'm in an 'open concept' office with some other software engineers. We have a corner with an informal meeting area: leather couch and a 55 inch TV (with Apple TV so we can display our computer screens on it, also has a computer hooked up to it with a wireless keyboard/trackpad), 1 small private office that anyone can grab if they need privacy, a conference room with a Polycom system for meetings with our other site, and then desks kind of in the middle of the room, and whiteboards on 3 walls (other wall is all window).
            Interesting. I've actually wondered where you can buy that sort of whiteboard surface, as whenever FlagDUDETTE and I are able to buy a house, I'd like to have that either in my office (although trying to explain to the little pennant-to-be that you generally don't draw on the wall will be something else), or use it with a projector. Probably something I can look up, now that I know you could also get a whiteboard roll instead of just paint. Thanks for all the information, including on the other posts.

Comment

Want to know the Republicans plans for Obamacare?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...smtyp=cur&_r=0

That's right. They still don't have any good ides. Not a one.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I'm no Trump fan at all, but hopefully democrats and republicans alike can work together to come up with something to reign in costs

Our premium went up 35% this year and our deductable went up $700.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                  I'm no Trump fan at all, but hopefully democrats and republicans alike can work together to come up with something to reign in costs

Look at FEHB which federal employees have. Can this be ported out to the rest of the country?

A profound change on how medical care is deployed in this country is needed. I don't want 100% government, but a partnership where risk is shared?????
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

How about start by requiring Congress to be under the same rules. The gold havers made an exemption.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Look at FEHB which federal employees have. Can this be ported out to the rest of the country?

A profound change on how medical care is deployed in this country is needed. I don't want 100% government, but a partnership where risk is shared?????
                      Make Medicare available to everyone and let the private sector compete if they can. Pretty simple.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Make Medicare available to everyone and let the private sector compete if they can. Pretty simple.
                        Get rid of the mandates, and they sure as heck will.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          And allow Medicare to negotiate with Big Pharma.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            And allow Medicare to negotiate with Big Pharma.
                            Allow? Require.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Legalize marijuana federally. Tax it if you must, although I never understood how it was possible to tax nature...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Get rid of the mandates, and they sure as heck will.
                                Then problem solved.

Obamacare started as the Heritage end run against public option. Give us public option and we'll take our chances against the profiteers.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X