Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    It's not good. Eliminating some with pre existing conditions, dismantling Medicaid expansion, defunds planned parenthood
    The penalty for not having insurance goes from the IRS to the insurance companies instead. It also includes a $500k deductive for insurance CEOs.

Hilarious.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Why? Have you read it?

I'm not trying to be combative or argumentative.
      I read the breakdown in your article. That was enough. I've also been tuned in on this issue all along. If they had a new idea I would have known it.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Why? Have you read it?

I'm not trying to be combative or argumentative.
        Its pretty awful...it is everything everyone predicted it would be.

Lets put it this way, the protests the GOP legislators are getting over this (with the vitriol) arent going to end any time soon
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Lets put it this way, the protests the GOP legislators are getting over this (with the vitriol) arent going to end any time soon
          If anything this might rile up the old folks even more! I wanna see someone whack Paul Ryan with their cane.
          Of course that would require him to make an appearance in public.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

If I didn't know better, I'd say this is being floated so it can fail due to Democratic obstruction. Then the Republicans can keep blaming Schumer and Pelosi. That's a lot easier then actually governing.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

That might work if people didnt care about their health care so much. They try that and they will be skewered...
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                If I didn't know better, I'd say this is being floated so it can fail due to Democratic obstruction. Then the Republicans can keep blaming Schumer and Pelosi. That's a lot easier then actually governing.
                Democrats can point out that it's the r's that are blocking it. NPR had an r that quickly pointed out that this bill is a disaster like the ACA is. His big beef was that it was unfunded- easy solution- fund it. AKA raise taxes. Done.

Comment

No new ideas. Disaster.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

All you have to do is watch Jon Oliver from like 3 weeks ago and you will have all the ammo you need to show how bad this is. Hell at Town Halls when plans like this are brought up it usually leads to booing and screaming. People know the score about this stuff because it effects them personally.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                      That might work if they weren't putting this through via reconciliation. They are, so no blame to be had. Goopers have the numbers if everybody votes party line.

EDIT: I like that they're going through with a Medicaid repeal/Medicare block grant idiocy so Paul Ryan can jack off to the Ayn Rand poster in his office with a clear conscience. That's a real easy vote for vulnerable Dem senators to take, especially Manchin since 90% of his state is probably on Medicaid/Medicare. On the flip side, 4 GOP Senators have already come out against this (Murkowski, Portman, Gardner, and Capito) and that doesn't even include people like Susan Collins yet.
                      Last edited by Rover; 03-07-2017, 08:25 AM.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Easier solution: Repeal with no replacement. States already have things set up? Nothing says they can't keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Easier solution: Repeal with no replacement. States already have things set up? Nothing says they can't keep it.
                          Works for me as long as they keep the funding in place. I have no qualms with conservatives states screwing themselves.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

The plan is Bend Over if you're middle class and don't work for a large company with health coverage.

Typical GOP ****.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              The plan is Bend Over if you're middle class and don't work for a large company with health coverage.

Typical GOP ****.
                              Well you gotta protect those people making 250k who can barely make ends meet. #thingsrepublicanshavesaid
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

GOP Rep. Chaffetz: Americans may need to choose between "new iphone... they just love" and investing in health care

Comment

Working...
                                X