Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Instead of "sex traffickers" I think you meant "victims of trafficking"
    I always get stuck in regular traffic.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Concur.
      And most importantly, Trump got to sit and drink beer and eat cake with House Republicans while claiming a win.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        There are three important numbers to remember here -- 2018, 241, and 8.

The first number is the year of the next election. The second number is the number of Republican seats up for election out of the House of Representatives. The third number is the number of Republican Senate seats up for election.

The Senate will blow this thing up. House Republicans will tell the base they did what they could to fulfill their campaign promises. Meanwhile, no one's insurance will have changed.
        And people will vote them back in remembering how awesome it was to see white men drinking Bud Light in the Rose Garden.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          You do realize this is not the law of the land yet, right?
          You do realize they still want it to be right? You do realize that talking out against it is a great to prevent it right?

You are right though, we should just shut up and not worry about it. We can trust the Republicans not to do this...
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            There are three important numbers to remember here -- 2018, 241, and 8.

The first number is the year of the next election. The second number is the number of Republican seats up for election out of the House of Representatives. The third number is the number of Republican Senate seats up for election.

The Senate will blow this thing up. House Republicans will tell the base they did what they could to fulfill their campaign promises. Meanwhile, no one's insurance will have changed.
            Maybe you are right...but until that happens I will make sure every day people remember what is at stake. This isnt over until Trump stops pushing it and you know it.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              And most importantly, Trump got to sit and drink beer and eat cake with House Republicans while claiming a win.
              I would have thought Trump would drink Champagne and fly them all down to Mar-a-Lago
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

There's a lot to fight for cause the Senate can use reconciliation to pass it. I hope they do.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  I would have thought Trump would drink Champagne and fly them all down to Mar-a-Lago
                  Paul Ryan wanted to return to his old frat days of drinking horse **** and talk about screwing the poor. Now he got to do it at the White House
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    There's a lot to fight for cause the Senate can use reconciliation to pass it. I hope they do.
                    The Leadership wants to pass it through reconciliation (which means it has to be before the CBO completely destroys it since this wont pass muster on revenue and debt issues) so they need to get to 50. I know plenty of Senators right now are saying they dont support but none of them have shown the stones to stand up to Trump unless their vote didnt count.

If they stall then that tells me they wont pass it. If they seem to be moving at non-turtle speeds then all bets are off.

Which is why it is important for people (despite how much it apparently gives SJHovey the red ***) to make sure they keep informed and keep making their opinions heard. Unlike most of the Reps Senators tend to actually talk to the public and they get kind of unnerved when people chant stuff at their rallies. Ask Lindsay Graham how he felt when talk of tax reform lead to "Your last term!" chants a month ago
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                      Paul Ryan wanted to return to his old frat days of drinking horse **** and talk about screwing the poor. Now he got to do it at the White House
                      I forgot about that great point
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Remember if they don't pass this bill it blows a big hole in their tax cut plans. Big incentive for Rand Paul to change his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          And charge it to us.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Remember if they don't pass this bill it blows a big hole in their tax cut plans. Big incentive for Rand Paul to change his mind.
                            Rand will definitely flip. The guy is a sellout. Remember when he announced he was running for President in front of an Air Craft carrier. Really keeping that MIC in check there huh Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              And charge it to us.
                              Well duh..Dom and Chrystal for everyone! Put it on the Blue State's tab!!!
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                can some congressperson file a bill for 'freedom under car insurance repeal' (***'irs)? mookie doesn't want to be forced to buy car insurance. mookie doesn't like to have to subside bad drivers. mookie never wrecks his car and the burden of paying car insurance impacts his welfare.
                                Move to a state that doesn't require car insurance.

At least, that's how NC Republican Congressman Robert Pittenger explained it to me.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X