Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Legalize marijuana federally. Tax it if you must, although I never understood how it was possible to tax nature...
    Drug laws were a way to turn liberals into felons. You sure you want to give that up? I know -- now it's OK because it's rural whites who are all on drugs. But hey, anything that works.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Legalize marijuana federally. Tax it if you must, although I never understood how it was possible to tax nature...
      Do you say the same for aloe vera salves and aspirin? Companies aren't selling nature, they're selling products derived from nature. They're selling expertise that give you all the mellow without the paranoia. We tax products and expertise all the time.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Then problem solved.

Obamacare started as the Heritage end run against public option. Give us public option and we'll take our chances against the profiteers.
        And then when the public doesn't pay out, you'll wish you had taken the profiteers. Learn from when Vermont tried this.

Comment

Drug laws were a way to turn liberals into felons. You sure you want to give that up? I know -- now it's OK because it's rural whites who are all on drugs. But hey, anything that works.
          There are some of us heartless people with brains that can look beyond a person's party affiliation. Funny thing is, natural genetic modification (not that synthetic stuff most of the world is against) has resulted in strands that only have the medicinal qualities, so we don't have to worry so much about a bunch of stoners acting stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            Do you say the same for aloe vera salves and aspirin? Companies aren't selling nature, they're selling products derived from nature. They're selling expertise that give you all the mellow without the paranoia. We tax products and expertise all the time.
            Assuming proper climate, are you able to grow the Nicotiana genus in your backyard legally?

Comment

Assuming proper climate, are you able to grow the Nicotiana genus in your backyard legally?
              I haven't the foggiest idea, not knowing the laws around growing tobacco plants in states where I don't live.

Some states allow for people to grow marijuana plants so long as the production is under a certain threshold and only intended for personal consumption.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Kep and my state taxes rain
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

There are some of us heartless people with brains that can look beyond a person's party affiliation.
                  True, but you ain't one of them!
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    True, but you ain't one of them!
                    If that were true, I'd be anti-J.

Comment

If that were true, I'd be anti-J.
                      Jugs magazine?

Comment

generalize much? I know lots of rural whites who aren't on drugs? Drugs are definitely an issue in rural Maine but they are still a minority.
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          generalize much? I know lots of rural whites who aren't on drugs? Drugs are definitely an issue in rural Maine but they are still a minority.
                          Most drug users these days are rural and white. That's not a generalization.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            Most drug users these days are rural and white. That's not a generalization.
                            interesting. I don't believe that but ok
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

https://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/de...ts2013.htm#2.7
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

It is the high growth area.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X