Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    He doesn't need 60 if it goes through reconciliation and as far as I know that's been the plan all along.
    Yeah I know...the problem is if the CBO report comes out and isnt a vast improvement I am not sure they can pass it through Reconciliation because of the debt issue. (The Byrd Rule) That is what I am saying...they either pass it now or they probably dont pass it at all.

As of now they dont have the 51 votes to pass it anyways. Too many defections.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Yeah I know...the problem is if the CBO report comes out and isnt a vast improvement I am not sure they can pass it through Reconciliation because of the debt issue. (The Byrd Rule) That is what I am saying...they either pass it now or they probably dont pass it at all.

As of now they dont have the 51 votes to pass it anyways. Too many defections.
      The Turtle is the one Troll that could make it happen.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        The Turtle is the one Troll that could make it happen.
        I dunno...if any Senator is up for re-election they are signing their own death warrant.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I dunno...if any Senator is up for re-election they are signing their own death warrant.
          They're all Democrats.There's a Republican senator in Nevada but the rest are in states that are blood red. The upcoming midterm is so bad for Democratic control of the Senate that an absolute best case would be a 50-50 split. They crapped themselves last November in the Senate.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Yeah I know...the problem is if the CBO report comes out and isnt a vast improvement I am not sure they can pass it through Reconciliation because of the debt issue. (The Byrd Rule)
            The Byrd Rule is only a rule. Mitch can change it if he wants. It would be a terrible idea for the GOP to do that, but he could and this is a Brave New World.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Hey if Mitch wants to hold on to the anchor as it gets thrown overboard I wont stop him
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Hey if Mitch wants to hold on to the anchor as it gets thrown overboard I wont stop him
                Me neither. At this point, there are some Republicans whom I wouldn't throw water on if they were on fire. Such is America in the 21st century. SAD.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Me neither. At this point, there are some Republicans whom I wouldn't throw water on if they were on fire. Such is America in the 21st century. SAD.
                  are there ANY? I certainly wouldn't **** on any of the current republican members of congress if they were on fire. The last Republican I had any respect for was Jon Huntsman, and that went out the window when he endorsed Trump during the campaign.

Comment

Huntsman endorsed trump?
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                      are there ANY? I certainly wouldn't **** on any of the current republican members of congress if they were on fire. The last Republican I had any respect for was Jon Huntsman, and that went out the window when he endorsed Trump during the campaign.
                      Evan McMullin is a decent guy, though I know he's technically an "independent" since last year. I don't agree with most of his positions, but he's consistent and mature in his criticism of Trump.

Comment

Aetna will be pulling out of the Exchanges.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Evan McMullin is a decent guy, though I know he's technically an "independent" since last year. I don't agree with most of his positions, but he's consistent and mature in his criticism of Trump.
                          I think I need to start asking, "Do I respect this Republican solely because he opposes Trump? Does this person do good (not well, good) besides his or her opposition?"
                          Code:
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Huntsman endorsed trump?
                            maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

I think he gave a sort of reluctant endorsement e.g. "It's time to rally around the presumptive nominee", but now that I think about it more I think then he did say he should drop out of the race after grab em by the ***** gate.

Comment

I'm sorry, but that still doesn't cut it. A noodledick endorsement of him is still an enabling action.

He was a known commodity even before grabgate.
                              Code:

Comment

So the House still hasn't sent their omnishambles health care bill over to the Senate yet, and may have to re-vote on it. Yes, please. Attach as many 'yea' votes onto the GOP for this disaster as possible. https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...re-repeal-bill
                                Originally posted by dicaslover
                                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X