Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Gotta love it that we, as a society, think it's best if people can make a lot of money trying to help sick people.

Instead of just taking care of each other.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      Gotta love it that we, as a society, think it's best if people can make a lot of money trying to help sick people.
      Not "we." Just some sick f-cks who won this time around.

That's the infuriating thing. The vast majority of people are OK. But they're lazy, or easily misled, and so you get policies like this, driven by ideologues so morally bankrupt and/or intellectually deficient that they use the law of the land to harm innocent people.

Sleep well, Republicans.
      Last edited by Kepler; 03-07-2017, 10:11 AM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Not "we." Just some sick f-cks who won this time around.

That's the infuriating thing. The vast majority of people are OK. But they're lazy, or easily misled, and so you get policies like this, driven by ideologues so morally bankrupt and/or intellectually deficient that they use the law of the land to harm innocent people.

Sleep well, Republicans.
        Hey, they're the ones who need to lose their health insurance then. 'Bout time people pay the consequences of their actions...
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          GOP Rep. Chaffetz: Americans may need to choose between "new iphone... they just love" and investing in health care

Man if he thought he was attacked before...

George Soros is going to be funding lots of protests the next few years
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

GOP Rep. Chaffetz: Americans may need to choose between "new iphone... they just love" and investing in health care

Or, the case of Pennsyltucky, W. Va, and rural Ohio - their heroin fix.

Hey, an NA meeting only costs a buck, and that's if you can afford to give. Sounds like a solid healthcare plan to me. It's what they voted for, after all.

Comment

Boy, that's going to go over well. Did Trump run on that? If he didn't, it doesn't matter, it's clearly what America voted for.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                Hey, they're the ones who need to lose their health insurance then. 'Bout time people pay the consequences of their actions...
                The Lock Her Uppers don't have much education, but since they're also the Roly Polies and the Welfare Mouchers, they're about to get a graduate level course in what "Big Gubmint" actually does.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Listening to the Vice President now. I often wonder if these people actually believe the BS their shoveling.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    The Lock Her Uppers don't have much education, but since they're also the Roly Polies and the Welfare Mouchers, they're about to get a graduate level course in what "Big Gubmint" actually does.
                    Between the healthcare, the lack of education, and the roll back of environmental policies- a lot of these people are just going to go away.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Listening to the Vice President now. I often wonder if these people actually believe the BS their shoveling.
                      I have a default setting of assuming they believe about 50% of what they're saying. The rest is fan service.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                        Between the healthcare, the lack of education, and the roll back of environmental policies- a lot of these people are just going to go away.
                        But not before they spawn, particularly since they start in their early-to-mid-teens.

Otherwise the problem would be its own solution.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 03-07-2017, 03:03 PM.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          I have a default setting of assuming they believe about 50% of what they're saying. The rest is fan service.
                          I'd say it's all fan service. Half of it they realize they're lying ("your jobs are coming back"). Half of it they've convinced themselves is true, even though it isn't ("cutting taxes on the wealthy will help the middle class").
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            I think Pence does...I think Ryan does...the rest are just drones that are waiting for their operating system to update with new information.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              I think Pence does...I think Ryan does...the rest are just drones that are waiting for their operating system to update with new information.
                              If Pence and Ryan believe it then they're dumb. And I don't think they're dumb. I think their top drawer snake oil salesman who only care about themselves.

Comment

Twitter Trolls Chaffetz
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X