Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 1002

Thread: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

  1. #341
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    35,571

    Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    We are in the 1860s and watching the development of fire departments. First they are private and obey profit motive considerations, only putting out fires at premium-payers' houses. The first thing to do is create a network of public, non-profit fire departments. Don't bother trying to pry people away from private sector firehouses -- eventually, that will either take care of itself or they will somehow actually manage to stay competitive in which case they aren't hurting anybody.
    except then there was the ability to pay for the newfound public firehouses.

    now, not so much.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

  2. #342
    NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Mountain View, CA
    Posts
    16,858

    Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...


    Cornell '04, Stanford '06


    KDR

    Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

  3. #343

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Secret Lair
    Posts
    50,776

    Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    except then there was the ability to pay for the newfound public firehouses.

    now, not so much.
    Cut the military budget by 2/3rds. Use half of the savings to pay down the principal on the debt and the other third for health insurance. And... done.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

    "The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

  4. #344
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    35,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Cut the military budget by 2/3rds. Use half of the savings to pay down the principal on the debt and the other third for health insurance. And... done.
    Right after Halle Berry comes over and makes mookie lunch

  5. #345

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Secret Lair
    Posts
    50,776

    Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Right after Halle Berry comes over and makes mookie lunch
    Aim higher, man.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

    "The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

  6. #346
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    35,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Aim higher, man.
    The entire female cast of Tokyo Drift?

  7. #347

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Secret Lair
    Posts
    50,776

    Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    The entire female cast of Tokyo Drift?
    Hentai cosplay does nothing for me.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

    "The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

  8. #348
    Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    49th
    Posts
    16,931
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    The entire female cast of Tokyo Drift?
    Obligatory response.

  9. #349
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    40,435

    Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

    Planned Parenthood: Want pre-natal care help? GT*O. http://www.mrctv.org/blog/planned-pa...-prenatal-care
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  10. #350
    lubba wubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    29,039

    Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Planned Parenthood: Want pre-natal care help? GT*O. http://www.mrctv.org/blog/planned-pa...-prenatal-care
    Is this really a surprise to anyone? I would be more surprised if they were offering pre-natal care as their name suggests that they're in business to help people plan for parenthood - birth control and termination options - not care for a fetus.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

  11. #351
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    35,571

    Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

    Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Is this really a surprise to anyone? I would be more surprised if they were offering pre-natal care as their name suggests that they're in business to help people plan for parenthood - birth control and termination options - not care for a fetus.
    regardless, there is a need to terminate pregnancies.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

  12. #352
    lubba wubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    29,039

    Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    regardless, there is a need to terminate pregnancies.
    No argument from me. I'm not the person advocating for a return to 1920's America.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

  13. #353
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    35,571
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    No argument from me. I'm not the person advocating for a return to 1920's America.
    Good Star Trek episode set in that period. ''You bring the heaters?'

  14. #354

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Secret Lair
    Posts
    50,776

    Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Good Star Trek episode set in that period. ''You bring the heaters?'
    "I'd advises ya to keep dialin'."
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

    "The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

  15. #355
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    40,435

    Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

    Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    No argument from me. I'm not the person advocating for a return to 1920's America.
    Neither am I. All I'm saying is that the company, whose founder was a true racist and ensured the company's strategy has racially motivated overtones in mind, is very much a eugenics company, and should be described and advertised as such. If they're so much about the health of women, like many counter-protesters seem to use for an angle, why wouldn't they help women complete their pregnancy in a healthy manner if that truly was their choice? For being pro-choice, the choice seems quite one sided...
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  16. #356
    lubba wubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    29,039

    Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Neither am I. All I'm saying is that the company, whose founder was a true racist and ensured the company's strategy has racially motivated overtones in mind, is very much a eugenics company, and should be described and advertised as such. If they're so much about the health of women, like many counter-protesters seem to use for an angle, why wouldn't they help women complete their pregnancy in a healthy manner if that truly was their choice? For being pro-choice, the choice seems quite one sided...
    How a company begins vs. how it operates today are not one and the same. Look at a great many German companies operating today (Bayer and VW, for instance), a whole host of them have nasty Nazi connections, but we don't call them out for each and every action taken. Companies and their leadership change over time. They become something entirely different. While Planned Parenthood works in a very grisly, sad realm of the world, their actions today do not reflect the original intent of its founder.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

  17. #357
    DYKWIA? FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    America's Great Comeback City™, LOL
    Posts
    24,634

    Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

    Walt Disney was a white supremacist and Nazi-sympathizer, so The Walt Disney Company here in the 21st century must still support the KKK and Nazism.

    Henry Ford was a racist and Nazi-sympathizer, so Ford Motor Company here in the 21st century must still support racism and Nazism.

    The FraudDUDE Transitive Property, everyone.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

    Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

  18. #358

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Living from my car
    Posts
    20,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    We are in the 1860s and watching the development of fire departments. First they are private and obey profit motive considerations, only putting out fires at premium-payers' houses. The first thing to do is create a network of public, non-profit fire departments. Don't bother trying to pry people away from private sector firehouses -- eventually, that will either take care of itself or they will somehow actually manage to stay competitive in which case they aren't hurting anybody.
    How about public fire departments that require current membership to have them extinguish a fire?

    Twice in Tennessee in 2011...

    https://usnews.newsvine.com/_news/20...r-75-fee-again

    City provides fire protection, but rural residents must buy into the service to also get protection.

  19. #359
    lubba wubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    29,039

    Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

    Meet 'Sesame Street's' muppet with autism

    This is what happens when you start forcing vaccinations on muppets!
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

  20. #360
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    40,435

    Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

    Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    How a company begins vs. how it operates today are not one and the same. Look at a great many German companies operating today (Bayer and VW, for instance), a whole host of them have nasty Nazi connections, but we don't call them out for each and every action taken. Companies and their leadership change over time. They become something entirely different. While Planned Parenthood works in a very grisly, sad realm of the world, their actions today do not reflect the original intent of its founder.
    Yes, there are companies that evolve. Planned Parenthood has not.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •