Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    At the end of the day this isn't an illness (thank god), but self destructive behavior.
    Should Joe Iowa really be on the hook for this?
    Self destructive?

He's 8 years old and was skiing a trail well within his ability. Would you rather he sit at home and play video games and get fat like other kids so he can develop chronic health conditions that cost a lot more than a broken leg over time?

Comment

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

The 13 Senators working on the Senate Bill are all men.

Yet, there is no war on women.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
        Self destructive?

He's 8 years old and was skiing a trail well within his ability. Would you rather he sit at home and play video games and get fat like other kids so he can develop chronic health conditions that cost a lot more than a broken leg over time?
        Leave it be, mookie is trolling.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          The 13 Senators working on the Senate Bill are all men.

Yet, there is no war on women.
          Nope, nothing odd there (says men)!

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Leave it be, mookie is trolling.
            Booooo!!

(Hush you )
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Huh.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                It is interesting that Republicans dont know what insurance means yet many Republican voters work/own/manage insurance companies.
                Yeah, but they don't like paying out claims either.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

This is actually better than the actual media coverage of GOPcare.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                    My son broke his femur skiing in January. All together it was around $35 K from ER admittance to going home. Over $10K of that was the fee for the pediatric orthopedic surgeon for a surgery that was 1-2 hours. No complaints though. He's not 100% yet, but is able to run now. The anesthesiologist made out pretty well too. He gets to go back in the fall to have the hardware taken out. I'm sure this will be considered a preexisting condition so it gives insurance companies another reason to **** him over when he is an adult on his own plan.
                    Honest questions:

Is the $10k because the surgeon is cutting into a leg and trying to reassemble a jig saw puzzle where not all the pieces may be available so they have to become artist as well as mechanic? Or is it because the artist-mechanic may get sued afterwards even if they really, truly did the best possible with what was given but the (I'm sorry) kid still has a limp?

Anesthesiologists? They only bring people to the precipice of death and let them hang, and then bring them back. (I'm no fan of them; I had a mother with some memory issues go under the knife and what I got back had to go to memory care for 24/7 support.) That job of hanging someone at the limits is not work I'd want to leave in the hands of amateurs. And I'm sure they get sued frequently (although not by me in the case of my mother).

All that said, medical prices are like airline ticket prices: I really truly wish we knew what things really cost. (Or do I.)
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

It is interesting that Republicans dont know what insurance means yet many Republican voters work/own/manage insurance companies.
                      I find it more interesting that I see media outlets using "health care" and "health coverage" and "health insurance" synonymously.
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                        I find it more interesting that I see media outlets using "health care" and "health coverage" and "health insurance" synonymously.
                        What is the difference between the latter terms?
                        Cornell University

Comment

Writing in the New York Times over the weekend, Reason magazine’s Peter Suderman, a frequent critic of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), explained the dynamic (Republicans voting for their new House Bill) very well:

It’s difficult to understand … if you think they were passing a health care bill. It makes more sense when you realize that isn’t what they were doing at all. They were passing a tax cut – one intended to pave the way for more tax cuts.

The flaws of the bill, then, can be understood as a symptom of the flaws of the Republican Party, which has for decades maintained a myopic focus on tax cuts at the expense of nearly all else. Too often, it is a party of people who seem to confuse governing with cutting taxes.
                          There. It's all spelled out. Unfortunately the Trump part of the electorate are too stupid to figure this out and so sensitive you can't call them stupid.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

There. It's all spelled out. Unfortunately the Trump part of the electorate are too stupid to figure this out and so sensitive you can't call them stupid.
                            Does Suderman really not understand the GOP?

The GOP is just the getaway car the rich drive from the public treasury. That's all it's supposed to be. Social issues and other monetary and fiscal policies are just gas to make the car go.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                              Because there shouldn't be a difference.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Does Suderman really not understand the GOP?

The GOP is just the getaway car the rich drive from the public treasury. That's all it's supposed to be. Social issues and other monetary and fiscal policies are just gas to make the car go.
                                Read it again. That's exactly what he said.

Comment

Working...
                                X