Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part IV - Repeal & Replace, or Something...

Originally posted by burd View Post
    2003 ice hockey championships
    Slowly I turned...
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The GOP is starting to figure out that when they got their base all up in arms about ousting "Obamacare"... it was much, much more about the "Obama" than about the "care".
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        The GOP is starting to figure out that when they got their base all up in arms about ousting "Obamacare"... it was much, much more about the "Obama" than about the "care".
        http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...10/119/9b3.png

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          Remember the polling of Republicans concerning the state of the economy. The week before the election they were about 15/65 (good/bad), The week after they were about 40/40.

It's almost as if their perception of empirical reality is just a function of their whims and desires.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

For anyone in the twin cities, Keith Ellison and Andy slavitt are hosting a healthcare forum in Hopkins tomorrow at 6pm. Really wish I could go.

Comment

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/20/u...smtyp=cur&_r=0

White House officials, desperate to demonstrate progress on President Trump’s promise to repeal the Affordable Care Act, are pushing to resurrect a Republican health care bill before his 100th day in office next week.
              Where are the new ideas?

The latest version of the proposal, published Thursday morning by Politico, would maintain popular benefits in President Barack Obama’s signature domestic achievement, like guaranteed coverage for emergency services and maternity care. It would also preserve the health law’s ban on insurers rejecting customers with pre-existing medical conditions.

But under this Affordable Care Act replacement, states could seek waivers from many of those mandates if they demonstrate that premiums would be lowered, the number of insured people would increase, or “the public interest of the state” would be advanced.

States could request an exemption from the rule intended to ensure that people with pre-existing conditions could not be charged prohibitive premiums — but only if those states establish a high-risk insurance pool.

“The plan gets better and better and better, and it’s gotten really, really good, and a lot of people are liking it a lot,” Mr. Trump said. Asked if a health bill could pass as Congress tries to avert a government shutdown, the president said, “I think we’ll get both.”
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Scooby, either you're being intentionally dim on this, or you're just not reading it correctly.

But under this Affordable Care Act replacement, states could seek waivers from many of those mandates if they demonstrate that premiums would be lowered, the number of insured people would increase, or “the public interest of the state” would be advanced.

States could request an exemption from the rule intended to ensure that people with pre-existing conditions could not be charged prohibitive premiums — but only if those states establish a high-risk insurance pool.
                For Minnesota, that's basically a return to the pre-ACA situation in this state. As to the first paragraph of the full quote you gave, the changes to the old MN law would be the maternity care and pre-existing conditions clause.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  Scooby, either you're being intentionally dim on this, or you're just not reading it correctly.

For Minnesota, that's basically a return to the pre-ACA situation in this state. As to the first paragraph of the full quote you gave, the changes to the old MN law would be the maternity care and pre-existing conditions clause.
                  That's not new ideas. I want new ideas. Health Care was a disaster before the ACA and it's a disaster after ACA. I want something new.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    That's not new ideas. I want new ideas. Health Care was a disaster before the ACA and it's a disaster after ACA. I want something new.
                    To a lot of people, what's old is new. It's new because it's different from the current situation, like fashion trends. No, I'm not kidding. Because people have the memories of Gypsy moths.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      To a lot of people, what's old is new. It's new because it's different from the current situation, like fashion trends. No, I'm not kidding. Because people have the memories of Gypsy moths.
                      Well, sorry, my memory is more elephant than Gypsy Moth. I want something new. I want some real problem solving.

Comment

That law wont pass...the same people who wouldnt vote last time because "it was still too liberal" will vote against it this time. Every time he tries to keep the "pre-existing conditions" in he will lose.

And even if the "waivers" were enough to appease them (it isnt) the "moderate" Republicans wont support it because they will catch hell for supporting a plan that can still kick off millions of people and wont be any more affordable.

He cant have his cake and eat it too...he either needs a full repeal or he needs to walk away. The Dems are solid against him and his party is split on what they will support.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          That law wont pass...the same people who wouldnt vote last time because "it was still too liberal" will vote against it this time. Every time he tries to keep the "pre-existing conditions" in he will lose.

And even if the "waivers" were enough to appease them (it isnt) the "moderate" Republicans wont support it because they will catch hell for supporting a plan that can still kick off millions of people and wont be any more affordable.

He cant have his cake and eat it too...he either needs a full repeal or he needs to walk away. The Dems are solid against him and his party is split on what they will support.
                          I admire Trump's ability to get the press to roll over and fetch on command, but what I don't understand is are they 1) still passing a massive tax cut for the 1%, and 2) are they still getting rid of the Medicaid expansion? If so then by all means they need to pass this thing immediately. Good luck as a moderate sitting in a Dem district and running on that next year.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            I admire Trump's ability to get the press to roll over and fetch on command, but what I don't understand is are they 1) still passing a massive tax cut for the 1%, and 2) are they still getting rid of the Medicaid expansion? If so then by all means they need to pass this thing immediately. Good luck as a moderate sitting in a Dem district and running on that next year.
                            The GOP is running into the difficulty of having to face the voters when they are responsible for policy. Their whole shtick is screaming from the gallery that EVERYTHING SUCKS!!! and GUBMINT IS INCOMPETENT!!!!, and the type of people who flood YouTube and Twitter with "burn it all down" flaming go along with them.

Now that they have to be responsible, they can't do that anymore.

The GOP was the bad boy adolescent rebel living with his boring Democratic parents who were making sure he got meals and had a roof over his head. He spent all his time cursing them out about how "you're not fair!" and "rules are tyrannical!" and that made a big impression on the middle school kids.

Then the voters took him up on his challenge and gave him his "freedom."

So now he's just a jobless loser still hanging around the high school even though he's 26. The people who never liked him now just laugh at him, and the people who did like him wish he would clean up his act and start taking some responsibility.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              Well the one thing the moderates could hope is that people arent engaged a second time around...problem is they will be MORE engaged because now they see it coming. The town halls havent been easing up on the GOPers that support this crap and the Georgia 6th is showing that no district is safe with Trump as President.

The ACHA in any form is an albatross for the GOP...they need to take the hit and repeal. They cant leave ObamaCare in place because half of them ran on repealing it and everyone can see they are the ones in control. Fixing it isnt enough and the half measures wont pass for various reasons. Their only shot is to rip off the band-aid and embrace the horror. They try and appease everyone and they will get waved out in 2 years...just ask the Dems. (this is how the Dems do politics wishy washy and with no spine)
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Well the one thing the moderates could hope is that people arent engaged a second time around...problem is they will be MORE engaged because now they see it coming. The town halls havent been easing up on the GOPers that support this crap and the Georgia 6th is showing that no district is safe with Trump as President.
                                This is true. Those town halls have been brutal, and the aw shucks I'm just a regular Joe/Jill types who have been letting them have it are the worst possible optics for them, especially when every night the face of their party slimes his way into everyone's living room to say something else that's stupid / crazy and/or evil.

Trump is his own Vietnam. Johnson was destroyed by the footage every night. Trump makes his own footage, and has no idea that he is taking down himself and his entire party. It would be funny if it wasn't so... nah. It's funny.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X