Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Future of the NEHC

QU PC BC and Hobart fan
    Quote Originally Posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    The locker rooms rival large closets. The ice surface has more ripples than Lake Ontario on a breezy late fall day. The city finally purchased a new zamboni and boards this year, but for what has been a strong program the past decade, the team deserves better. If Taylor could recruit with a real rink / facility, I think you'd see more from them....but then again I am bias lol
    When was the last time you skated at the cooler? Some of the best ice I've skated on. Definately not an elite college hockey facility but gets the job done and definately gives the Statesmen home ice advantage

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
    Not really, if you think long and hard, it's pretty obvious...I just don't feel comfortable saying why on the internet...If you feel like I am making it up, I think I have built up enough creditably to make "mysterious" statements like that...
    No, you haven't. If you allude to certain things via some supposed place of "credibility" you grant yourself you should expect people to ask questions. Since you're so credible and all it should come as no surprise that people will wish to absorb your wisdom. When you bring up some topic from years ago that only you seem to be bothered by, feel free to actually explain it instead of playing games. Until then, shut up and don't bring it up in the first place as the self-appointed credibility defense is about as valuable as USM's spot in the league standings.

Member of the REAL Zoo Crew

Re: Future of the NEHC

Quote Originally Posted by Big Trev View Post
    When was the last time you skated at the cooler? Some of the best ice I've skated on. Definately not an elite college hockey facility but gets the job done and definately gives the Statesmen home ice advantage
    Thursday, and that's exactly my point. Hobart deserves some of the best for the program coach Taylor has put together with what he has had. When you're dodging ripples, ice chunks from a leaky roof, and then the zamboni end rough surface it doesn't make for "home ice advantage". Surely there are worse out there, but when the local YMCA has a better ice surface than one of the top college hockey programs in DIII and locker rooms that I'd be afraid to even bath my dog in. It's time to stop "getting the job done" and start giving Hobart the "elite college hockey facility".

Thursday, and that's exactly my point. Hobart deserves some of the best for the program coach Taylor has put together with what he has had. When you're dodging ripples, ice chunks from a leaky roof, and then the zamboni end rough surface it doesn't make for "home ice advantage". Surely there are worse out there, but when the local YMCA has a better ice surface than one of the top college hockey programs in DIII and locker rooms that I'd be afraid to even bath my dog in. It's time to stop "getting the job done" and start giving Hobart the "elite college hockey facility".
    I completely agree. Although, when I played back in the early 90's the Cooler had a decent sheet of ice...it was hard, "fast" ice. Everything else about the place was a joke. Christ - it was still an open-rink back then!

As you've pointed out before, the fact that Coach Taylor has been able to build such a successful program with a sub-par, off-campus facility speaks volumes to his and his assistants' recruiting skills. They've been talking about putting a rink on campus since I was there. However, I imagine trying to convince the ultra-PC alumni network that millions should be spent on athletics must feel like trying to push a rope. Now that William Smith has a team I hope that conversation gets easier...as I have heard over the years that the idea of spending all that $$ on something that benefitted the men and not the women was a sticking point.

Quote Originally Posted by llama View Post
    I completely agree. Although, when I played back in the early 90's the Cooler had a decent sheet of ice...it was hard, "fast" ice. Everything else about the place was a joke. Christ - it was still an open-rink back then!

As you've pointed out before, the fact that Coach Taylor has been able to build such a successful program with a sub-par, off-campus facility speaks volumes to his and his assistants' recruiting skills. They've been talking about putting a rink on campus since I was there. However, I imagine trying to convince the ultra-PC alumni network that millions should be spent on athletics must feel like trying to push a rope. Now that William Smith has a team I hope that conversation gets easier...as I have heard over the years that the idea of spending all that $$ on something that benefitted the men and not the women was a sticking point.
    I think the fact that it is a pretty good school academically helps as well?

Member of the REAL Zoo Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by llama View Post

Its not soft and mush by any means, but the whole system was outdated and just not on the level as other high ranking DIII schools.

The rest of the rink.... the city / school really need to work together and come up with something. The rumors fly around the rink all the time, but nothing concrete. Maybe someday.....

Colorado Cadets Fan

The rumors fly around the rink all the time, but nothing concrete. Maybe someday.....
    Hence, it's all framed with wood?
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBlight View Post
    No, you haven't. If you allude to certain things via some supposed place of "credibility" you grant yourself you should expect people to ask questions. Since you're so credible and all it should come as no surprise that people will wish to absorb your wisdom. When you bring up some topic from years ago that only you seem to be bothered by, feel free to actually explain it instead of playing games. Until then, shut up and don't bring it up in the first place as the self-appointed credibility defense is about as valuable as USM's spot in the league standings.
    Yes sir, boy now I feel ashamed...You told me! I feed the troll, sorry guys!
    Last edited by hockeyfan77; 03-04-2017 at 04:41 PM.

QU PC BC and Hobart fan
    I was at Hobart until this year and I didn't have any major gripes with the facility... Nonetheless, there was a story I heard that Pierre McGuire wanted to make a donation towards the hockey program directly a few years back and
    Mike Hanna wanted to distribute any donation across the athletic program. HWS doesn't have money up the wahoo to do any major project (a new rink for example), but I wonder if a couple hundred thousand dollars could expand the cooler on the overhang side up the hill and replace the roof. Obviously, I don't think spending money on a building that isn't HWS' is the best idea... I think the program is doing a-ok with or without a grade A facility.

QU PC BC and Hobart fan

The community locker rooms are pretty bad haha. Hobart's locker room isn't too bad for a tiny rink like the Cooler

Its a Great Day for Hockey!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Trev View Post
    I was at Hobart until this year and I didn't have any major gripes with the facility... Nonetheless, there was a story I heard that Pierre McGuire wanted to make a donation towards the hockey program directly a few years back and
    Mike Hanna wanted to distribute any donation across the athletic program. HWS doesn't have money up the wahoo to do any major project (a new rink for example), but I wonder if a couple hundred thousand dollars could expand the cooler on the overhang side up the hill and replace the roof. Obviously, I don't think spending money on a building that isn't HWS' is the best idea... I think the program is doing a-ok with or without a grade A facility.
    Utica College built an addition to the AUD which houses our locker room and training room when we started the program 16 years ago.
    2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
    2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
    2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
    2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game
    2009 D-III TOP runner-up
    Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
    1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBlight View Post

Or about as much value as you bring to these boards....If U don't feel like listening to my wisdom please just move on from my post instead of acting like a righteous ####..... I think everybody knows about the my issues with a certain team from the past, it's actually been brought up in a recent post: it's the main reason the interlock broke up....But if you must know, I was talking to a former coach and he told me the teams that were more than likely going to move into the NEHC...One reason USM didn't change conference was due to the fact they have a home rink and didn't want to play a Thursday, Saturday, schedule...I have other reason but I don't feel comfortable telling a jack off like you....Have a good night, and where are you in the standings?
    Last edited by hockeyfan77; 03-04-2017 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
    Or about as much value as you bring to these boards....If U don't feel like listening to my wisdom please just move on from my post instead of acting like a righteous ####..... I think everybody knows about the my issues with a certain team from the past, it's actually been brought up in a recent post: it's the main reason the interlock broke up....But if you must know, I was talking to a former coach and he told me the teams that were more than likely going to move into the NEHC...One reason USM didn't change conference was due to the fact they have a home rink and didn't want to play a Thursday, Saturday, schedule...I have other reason but I don't feel comfortable telling a jack off like you....Have a good night, and where are you in the standings?
    +1

Bump.....seems like there is some current interest in the NEHC.

Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey

Quote Originally Posted by UCBadger View Post
    Bump.....seems like there is some current interest in the NEHC.
    ?
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    ?
    LOL. Check out the UCHC thread posts since you posted about Ray.
    2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
    2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
    2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
    2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game
    2009 D-III TOP runner-up
    Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
    1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Castleton will join the Little East Conference in 18-19. Other LEC hockey schools are:
    Mass-Boston
    Southern Maine
    Plymouth State
    Mass-Dartmouth

file this under future headaches
    Last edited by joecct; 05-04-2017 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Castleton will join the Little East Confernce in 18-19. Other LEC hockey schools are:
    Mass-Boston
    Southern Maine
    Plymouth State
    Mass-Dartmouth

That's a very diminutive name for an athletic conference...surprised anyone would brand like that.
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Castleton will join the Little East Conference in 18-19. Other LEC hockey schools are:
    Mass-Boston
    Southern Maine
    Plymouth State
    Mass-Dartmouth

how long have you been trying to form the Little East Hockey conference??? Since the break up of the interlock???

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post
    That's a very diminutive name for an athletic conference...surprised anyone would brand like that.
    That may be, but its hands down the best baseball conference in the Northeast: I think the only conference that could give the LEC a run is the WIAC

Thread Information