Future of the NEHC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    I recall that overtime game against Mass-Boston.
    Sigh, me too.....
    Go 'Wick!

Comment

Re: Future of the NEHC

Kind of hard to forget UMASS GOALIE probably still seeing Pucks
      Steve Day(NU71)
      Go Cadets

Comment

When you get old you only remember what you want to remember
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Curious to see what impact this has with remaining ECACW teams. Think a team like Manhattanville would move to the CCC or some of the MASCAC Teams? Like a few years back?

Comment

Originally posted by landing1010 View Post
            Curious to see what impact this has with remaining ECACW teams. Think a team like Manhattanville would move to the CCC or some of the MASCAC Teams? Like a few years back?
            The MASCAC is composed of 5 MASCAC and 2 Little East teams. There is a strong history of cooperation between the two conferences. I would say the bonds are strong.

The CCC is composed of 7 CCC teams and 3(1) affiliate members. You may pick off the remaining affiliate, but that's it.

As Prezde says, watch out for the MAC.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The MASCAC is composed of 5 MASCAC and 2 Little East teams. There is a strong history of cooperation between the two conferences. I would say the bonds are strong.

The CCC is composed of 7 CCC teams and 3(1) affiliate members. You may pick off the remaining affiliate, but that's it.

As Prezde says, watch out for the MAC.
              Just realized, Joe that Redlight now returns to the league that he played in, only now as a coach.
              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                Just realized, Joe that Redlight now returns to the league that he played in, only now as a coach.
                Yep. It will be a challenge.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by landing1010 View Post
                  The only move left for Manhattanville is to the MAC if/when that forms.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Prez any idea why Plymouth didn't join the NEHC when the league expanded. With their new rink and the women already playing in the NEHC I though the school could of justified the move. One more team leaving the MASCAC would leave the league with fewer than 7 teams. I not sure if you know but is Suffolk going to play its games in the new Boston Bruins practice facility?
                    2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                    2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                      Prez any idea why Plymouth didn't join the NEHC when the league expanded. With their new rink and the women already playing in the NEHC I though the school could of justified the move. One more team leaving the MASCAC would leave the league with fewer than 7 teams. I not sure if you know but is Suffolk going to play its games in the new Boston Bruins practice facility?
                      Given the close relationship between the MASCAC and the Little East Conference, I doubt you'll see Plymouth State or UMass-Dartmouth leave the MASCAC any time soon. UMass-Boston and USM are also members of the Little East, but they were grandfathered in when the MASCAC formed. In the end, I would say UMB and USM going to the MASCAC is far more likely than PSU or UMD leaving it.
                      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                        . In the end, I would say UMB and USM going to the MASCAC is far more likely than PSU or UMD leaving it.

USM isn't going into the MASCAC, it was explored but there were many factors why they didn't that i can't get into....

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
                          USM isn't going into the MASCAC, it was explored but there were many factors why they didn't that i can't get into....
                          Oooh... Mysterious...
                          Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                          University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

knew i forgot one!!
                            The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
                              Oooh... Mysterious...
                              Not really, if you think long and hard, it's pretty obvious...I just don't feel comfortable saying why on the internet...If you feel like I am making it up, I think I have built up enough creditably to make "mysterious" statements like that...

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
                                Not really, if you think long and hard, it's pretty obvious...I just don't feel comfortable saying why on the internet...If you feel like I am making it up, I think I have built up enough creditably to make "mysterious" statements like that...
                                No, I'm not saying you're making it up. I'm just not connected enough (or maybe just not intuitive enough...) to figure out what the reason would be.
                                Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                                University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Working...
                                X