Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Future of the NEHC

Originally posted by Big Trev View Post
    I was at Hobart until this year and I didn't have any major gripes with the facility... Nonetheless, there was a story I heard that Pierre McGuire wanted to make a donation towards the hockey program directly a few years back and
    Mike Hanna wanted to distribute any donation across the athletic program. HWS doesn't have money up the wahoo to do any major project (a new rink for example), but I wonder if a couple hundred thousand dollars could expand the cooler on the overhang side up the hill and replace the roof. Obviously, I don't think spending money on a building that isn't HWS' is the best idea... I think the program is doing a-ok with or without a grade A facility.
    Utica College built an addition to the AUD which houses our locker room and training room when we started the program 16 years ago.
    2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
    2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
    2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
    2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
    2009 D-III TOP runner-up
    Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
    1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernBlight View Post
      No, you haven't. If you allude to certain things via some supposed place of "credibility" you grant yourself you should expect people to ask questions. Since you're so credible and all it should come as no surprise that people will wish to absorb your wisdom. When you bring up some topic from years ago that only you seem to be bothered by, feel free to actually explain it instead of playing games. Until then, shut up and don't bring it up in the first place as the self-appointed credibility defense is about as valuable as USM's spot in the league standings.

Or about as much value as you bring to these boards....If U don't feel like listening to my wisdom please just move on from my post instead of acting like a righteous ####..... I think everybody knows about the my issues with a certain team from the past, it's actually been brought up in a recent post: it's the main reason the interlock broke up....But if you must know, I was talking to a former coach and he told me the teams that were more than likely going to move into the NEHC...One reason USM didn't change conference was due to the fact they have a home rink and didn't want to play a Thursday, Saturday, schedule...I have other reason but I don't feel comfortable telling a jack off like you....Have a good night, and where are you in the standings?
      Last edited by hockeyfan77; 03-04-2017, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
        Or about as much value as you bring to these boards....If U don't feel like listening to my wisdom please just move on from my post instead of acting like a righteous ####..... I think everybody knows about the my issues with a certain team from the past, it's actually been brought up in a recent post: it's the main reason the interlock broke up....But if you must know, I was talking to a former coach and he told me the teams that were more than likely going to move into the NEHC...One reason USM didn't change conference was due to the fact they have a home rink and didn't want to play a Thursday, Saturday, schedule...I have other reason but I don't feel comfortable telling a jack off like you....Have a good night, and where are you in the standings?
        +1
        Go 'Wick!

Comment

Bump.....seems like there is some current interest in the NEHC.
          2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
          2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
          2009 D-III TOP runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
            Bump.....seems like there is some current interest in the NEHC.
            ?
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              ?
              LOL. Check out the UCHC thread posts since you posted about Ray.
              2009 D-III TOP runner-up

Comment

Castleton will join the Little East Conference in 18-19. Other LEC hockey schools are:
                Mass-Boston
                Southern Maine
                Plymouth State
                Mass-Dartmouth

file this under future headaches
                Last edited by joecct; 05-04-2017, 02:24 PM.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Castleton will join the Little East Confernce in 18-19. Other LEC hockey schools are:
                  Mass-Boston
                  Southern Maine
                  Plymouth State
                  Mass-Dartmouth

That's a very diminutive name for an athletic conference...surprised anyone would brand like that.

Comment

Castleton will join the Little East Conference in 18-19. Other LEC hockey schools are:
                    Mass-Boston
                    Southern Maine
                    Plymouth State
                    Mass-Dartmouth

how long have you been trying to form the Little East Hockey conference??? Since the break up of the interlock???

Comment

• Re: Future of the NEHC

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                      That's a very diminutive name for an athletic conference...surprised anyone would brand like that.
                      That may be, but its hands down the best baseball conference in the Northeast: I think the only conference that could give the LEC a run is the WIAC

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
                        how long have you been trying to form the Little East Hockey conference??? Since the break up of the interlock???
                        The NCAA favors multisport conferences over single sport conferences when it comes to voting on the convention floor.

Look what the CCC did to the NEHC and the ECAC-NE. There is speculation that the MAC will put a monkey wrench into the UCHC. On the women's side, the UCHC thumbed its nose at the SUNYAC (or vice versa).

If 2 more LEC schools form men's ice hockey teams, don't be surprised if the LEC presidents bring hockey under the conference umbrella.

And, for the record, it was to get all the LEC hockey teams under the MASCAC/LEC co-prosperity sphere.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The NCAA favors multisport conferences over single sport conferences when it comes to voting on the convention floor.

Look what the CCC did to the NEHC and the ECAC-NE. There is speculation that the MAC will put a monkey wrench into the UCHC. On the women's side, the UCHC thumbed its nose at the SUNYAC (or vice versa).

If 2 more LEC schools form men's ice hockey teams, don't be surprised if the LEC presidents bring hockey under the conference umbrella.

And, for the record, it was to get all the LEC hockey teams under the MASCAC/LEC co-prosperity sphere.
                          Keene St.,W.Connecticut and RIC all have potential

Comment

I know, I just don't see any other schools in the LEC offering hockey....But who knows in the end!

Comment

Working...
                            X