Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hockey East - Bye, Home, and Road: by the numbers - 2016-17 edition

All right folks.

Looks we've come to the end of the need for this thread for another season.

Until next January...

Enjoy.
    The reviews keep coming in about Todd's Posts:
    cambam - Now, that Todd. He is not a moron. Wow. Nice.
    smyler3 - It's starting to get buried in this ... silliness, but Todd makes a lot of good points in his post below.
    MAV - Todd... I followed this post all day long, and you're dead on with your thoughts on [this topic] and the whole discussion...
    Scarlet - What he said.
    brick royl - Wow, what a post. :eek
    TA Jen - As always Todd, you make a good point
    Puck Swami - Todd: Good post. I really hadn't thought about [what you said]... Learn something new every day on these boards...
    Bob Gray - Very well said Todd.
    Puck Swami - Todd, a fine post - as we've come to expect from you.
    David Manning of the Ridgefield Press - Todd's last post? I laughed, I cried, it was better than Cats!
    Gene Siskel of the Chicago Tribune - In my will, I bequeathed both of my thumbs to Todd's posts with rigor mortis locking them permanently in the "Up" position!

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
      All right folks.

Looks we've come to the end of the need for this thread for another season.

Until next January...

Enjoy.
      Thanks, Todd. I always look forward to following this thread. Maybe some day UNH will be relevant again, which would make the thread even better for me.

Comment

Isn't it about time for Todd to resurrect this thread for the current season?
        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

One WISH here, which won't happen: HEY Hockey East go back to 8 teams in the playoffs out of 11...make the regular season count for a reason (imo)

Comment

That brings back memories of 2009-2010, where NU were fighting for home ice through the very last weekend of the season. We ended the year on a 0-4-1 stretch that saw us finish in 9th place and out of the playoffs, 4 points behind 3rd place. Rough one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
              One WISH here, which won't happen: HEY Hockey East go back to 8 teams in the playoffs out of 11...make the regular season count for a reason (imo)
              I’m under the impression that comes back next year.
              Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                I’m under the impression that comes back next year.
                Yep, speaking as a Merrimack fan, I don’t think a team that just doesn’t show up in conference play deserves a place in the tournament.

Comment

The bottom 3 should be relegated to AHA and their top 3 should be promoted
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    The bottom 3 should be relegated to AHA and their top 3 should be promoted
                    Yeah, yeah, yeah, easy for mookie to say as his team has never been in the bottom three.

Comment

• Re: Hockey East - Bye, Home, and Road: by the numbers - 2016-17 edition

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      Yeah, yeah, yeah, easy for mookie to say as his team has never been in the bottom three.
                      http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...hp#undefined14

2003-2004 season. Then BC choked in the QFs in 1v8 matchup against them.

Ah those were the days.
                      Originally posted by reBlur
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Also that pesky 13-14 season that Eichel erased from their collective memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                          http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...hp#undefined14

2003-2004 season. Then BC choked in the QFs in 1v8 matchup against them.

Ah those were the days.
                          of course you recall at the end of game 3 when fields turned around and spread his arms to the crowd?

mookie got his tickets for that from bc tix office and not through bu. he was sitting maybe 5 rows from the ice to the right of the igles bench. an honest to god whale pants wearing old dude was with him mom and they got up with a couple minutes to go to beat traffic () and the guy said "i hate them so bad I can taste it". mom grunted. and they were gone......

[and didn't bu only make that after winning in ot at uhn in the final game while someone lost (was prolly the red headed step children...)]
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            of course you recall at the end of game 3 when fields turned around and spread his arms to the crowd?

mookie got his tickets for that from bc tix office and not through bu. he was sitting maybe 5 rows from the ice to the right of the igles bench. an honest to god whale pants wearing old dude was with him mom and they got up with a couple minutes to go to beat traffic () and the guy said "i hate them so bad I can taste it". mom grunted. and they were gone......

[and didn't bu only make that after winning in ot at uhn in the final game while someone lost (was prolly the red headed step children...)]
                            Was that goal scored by Freddy Meyer against UNH?
                            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                              Was that goal scored by Freddy Meyer against UNH?
                              Freddy F. Meyer, the New Hampshire native.

Comment

Very concerned about Todd. He has not posted since closing out this tread last year. Like most I always waited for his analysis. If you are out there Todd we understand not everyone has the time to do such a thorough critique especially if there are health or other concerns. I pray for you now and just a response that all is ok would be appreciated by a lot of us.

Comment

Working...
                                X