Hockey East - Bye, Home, and Road: by the numbers - 2016-17 edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hockey East - Bye, Home, and Road: by the numbers - 2016-17 edition

He’s fine. I meant to mention to him at the BU game on the 9th that people were wondering where he was.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      Was that goal scored by Freddy Meyer against UNH?
      I thought David Van Der Gulik scored it?

Comment

• In Todd's absence, let me explain.

No, there is too much. Let me sum up. Buttercup is marry Humperdinck in little less than half an hour. So all we have to do is get in, break up the wedding, steal the princess, make our escape...after I kill Count Rugen.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Yes. The announcers wondered if Parker would pull the goalie in OT. I'm guessing he would have. The goal was scored early enough to not have to make that decision.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

I thought he did pull the goalie in OT???

Comment

I thought he did pull the goalie in OT???
              I don't think so. I've seen the replay a few times, but it has been awhile. I don't ever remember them saying so, or showing an shot of the goal with nobody there.

VDG made three moves around there different UNH players to take three shots. The third bounced in off of Mounsey, I believe. Skladany was right there too, so they weren't sure at first if it bounced in off of him or Mounsey.

For such a bad team, that was such an awesome moment. And then to knock off #1 BC in three games was icing on the cake. IIRC, we lost 1-0 to Jimmy Howard and Maine in the semis. So a nice run from an otherwise weak team.

Comment

here is the clip. I only see 5 Terriers on the ice. I think UNH lost home ice by losing that game, so they were playing for something too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK-Msah7LME
                Last edited by defkit; 02-17-2018, 10:40 AM.

Comment

He’s fine. I meant to mention to him at the BU game on the 9th that people were wondering where he was.
                  Thanks Scarlett. That's reassuring. One never knows what happened when people disappear be it overburdened, illness or worse.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                    here is the clip. I only see 5 Terriers on the ice. I think UNH lost home ice by losing that game, so they were playing for something too.

No, they finished third that season. Ten points out of second.

Comment

I am thinking of another one with Corazzini and Meyer having huge games
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

Mike Ayers with a Ty Conklin meltdown after the goal

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post

Thanks defkit. I just fell down a Terrier hockey rabbit hole.

Mike Emrick calling Jack's 700th win vs. BC in a banged out WBA
                          The last game at WBA and first game at HAA.

A rabid student section...

Big goals...

Classic uni's...

Games on TV with high production values...

Famous BU alums coming home to be part of big games....

*sigh*

#OldGuyMissingTheGoodOldDays #GetOffMyLawn
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

1-3 Boston College 32 (16 wins) ME, ME
                            1-3 Providence 30 (13 wins), @UMA
                            1-3 Northeastern 29 (13 wins) UNH, @UNH
                            4-6 Boston University 25 (11 wins) vs UVM, vs UVM
                            4-7 Connecticut 23 (11 wins) @UMA
                            4-7 Maine 23 (10 wins) @BC, @BC
                            5-8 Lowell 20 (10 wins) @MC, MC
                            7-11 Vermont 17 (6 wins) @BU, @BU
                            8-11 Massachusetts 16 (7 wins) UC, PC
                            8-11 New Hampshire 15 (5 wins) @NU, NU
                            8-11 Merrimack 14 (6 wins) ML, @ML

Boston College is in first right now and needs only a point to secure the regular season championship and #1 seed.

The best Providence can do is tie the Eagles. However, the Friars do hold the tiebreaker with BC (2-1 H2H) so they would take the #1 seed.

Northeastern can still finish with 33 points and pass both the Eagles and Friars. In the event that they tie with BC, the Eagles win the tiebreaker (wins). If PC, BC and NU all tie at 32, Providence is #1, BC #2 and NU #3.

The Eagles could still finish third if NU gets to 33 points and PC ties them at 32.

Boston University has the inside track on the four seed and final bye/home ice slot. A single point eliminates UConn from consideration. The Terriers need to finish one point ahead of Maine to secure home ice. In the event the Terriers and Huskies tie at 25 the Huskies win the tiebreaker (12-11). If Maine has 26+ points, then the Huskies take fifth and BU falls to sixth. In the event of a three-way tie at 25, UConn takes fourth, Maine fifth and BU sixth. Maine's ceiling is 27, so if BU gets to 28 they eliminate the Black Bears.

UConn can pass BU as described above. If they win their finale on Thursday night, Maine would need to get to 26 points to pass them as the Huskies would hold the tiebreaker (12-11). The Huskies can also be passed by Lowell if the River Hawks get to 24 points while UConn is stuck on 23 or 24. A tie at 23 points would come down to their H2H with either Providence or Northeastern, both of which are won by UConn. UConn would also win a three-way tie at 23.

Maine is in the odd position that they win the tb with BU but would lose to UConn. BU has a two point lead so Maine will need to go BU+2 next weekend at Boston College to secure fourth. However, as described above, Maine loses a three-way tie at 25 to UConn. Maine can also be caught by Lowell and drop to seventh. If Lowell wins both games next weekend, they need Maine to lose both as Lowell would lose a tie at 24. However, if the tie is at 23 then Lowell would win the tie and finish sixth.

Lowell can also be caught for seventh by Vermont. In the event Lowell loses both games and Vermont wins both, Vermont would finish seventh and Lowell eighth. Any tie would be won by Lowell (2-1 H2H).

The final four spots are a mess. Even at this late date, any of the four remaining teams can finish eighth and get home ice. Or any of the teams could finish last.

It is now almost 2AM so I'll calculate those possibilities Sunday.

Comment

1 Boston College (17 wins) 34 points vME Clinched championship and #1 seed for playoffs
                              2-3 Northeastern (14 wins) 31 points @UNH Clinch #2 with a win, Loses tb with Providence.
                              2-3 Providence (13 wins) 30 points @MA Clinch #2 with win AND a Northeastern loss or tie; or tie AND Northeastern loss.
                              4 Boston University (12 wins) 27 points vVT Clinched #4
                              5-6 Connecticut (11 wins) 23 points Season complete. Clinch #5 with Maine loss.
                              5-6 Maine (10 wins) 23 points @BC Clinches #5 with win or tie
                              7 Lowell (10 wins) 20 points vMC Clinched #7
                              8-9 Massachusetts (8 wins) 18 points vPC Clinches #8 with win or tie
                              8-10 Vermont (6 wins) 17 points @BU Clinches #8 with win AND UMA loss; clinches #9 with Win or tie
                              8-11 Merrmack (7 wins) 16 points @ML #8 with win AND UMA loss AND UVM loss; clinches #9 with win AND UVM loss
                              10-11 New Hampshire (5 wins) 15 points vNE Clinches #10 with Win and MC loss.
                              Last edited by ticapnews; 02-24-2018, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Even in a down year, you gotta love the "seeding Saturday" in Hockey East. Everything still up in the air for the first round.

Comment

Working...
                                X