X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.1 - You take the high road and I'll take the low road

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    All the media sees right now is "damaged Trump". They can't look away and see anything else.

What they should be seeing is "President Trump" and then doing what the media is supposed to do: watch the workings of Government.

But all they can do right now is, as I said, "measuring contests" with Trump et al (Spicer, Conway, Priebus).
    No, they see a president* who has lied, is unstable, and doesn't seem to understand the concept that the earth moves on the words he speaks. They are watching the workings of the government. I don't know how you can possibly see otherwise.

They're concerned about these seemingly trivial matters because it harms the credibility of the president if he is seen as obsessed and caught lying about things so petty. What's he going to do when it comes to the big things if he can't get the small things right?

* - So I looked it up, I understand you capitalize president if it's part of a title in front of a name such as 'President Trump.' But do you capitalize it if you're just referring to the office or title like in the sentence I marked?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      No, they see a president* who has lied, is unstable, and doesn't seem to understand the concept that the earth moves on the words he speaks. They are watching the workings of the government. I don't know how you can possibly see otherwise.

They're concerned about these seemingly trivial matters because it harms the credibility of the president if he is seen as obsessed and caught lying about things so petty. What's he going to do when it comes to the big things if he can't get the small things right?

* - So I looked it up, I understand you capitalize president if it's part of a title in front of a name such as 'President Trump.' But do you capitalize it if you're just referring to the office or title like in the sentence I marked?
      What has he lied about, out of curiosity?

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Have you tried reading decent news sources? I've seen multiple that are reporting out on what he's actually doing.
        Of course he doesn't. He thinks the media is eeeeeeeeeeeeevil.
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          What has he lied about, out of curiosity?
          jfc
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Despite what the Washington [com]Post is telling you, election boards do have records of DHS hacking their systems.

Comment

Also, I see that the New York Times has used the word 'lie' in one of their top headlines. Good for them for finally calling Trump out on what he's doing: Lying.
              Code:

Comment

And yet, for the last eight years, they gave Obama a free pass.

It's not about policy. It's about the party.
                It's not about policy or party. It's about politics and political views.

Mr. Obama was the standard bearer of what the WHPC* stands for. He was their icon.

Nothing better shows how he was treated for eight years than this final question from Mr. Obama's final press conference:

"Well, thank you, Mr. President. It has been an honor. ..."

Statements like that make me worry if they weren't distracted for the last eight years just like they are distracted now. Too much adoration is just as bad as too much disdain.

*WHPC - White House Press Corps
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  There must be half a dozen law suits in court now, not that they will lead to impeachment or resignation but sooner or later its going to happen.

I'd laugh if Wiki got a tax return and posted it
                  There are drop box sites for guvvies for whistleblowing. All it takes is somebody with the correct permissions and "need to know" in the IRS.

That is presuming the .01% even pay taxes. It is within the realm of possibility that they have de facto dropped from sight, with the blessing of layers of attorney, financial consultants, and legislators on the take. It's entirely possible they are "too big to tax."

If the US government were that compromised they would not be eager to share the fact with the plebes. We might get the idea the whole thing is just a shell game.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 01-24-2017, 09:22 AM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

All the media sees right now is "damaged Trump". They can't look away and see anything else.

What they should be seeing is "President Trump" and then doing what the media is supposed to do: watch the workings of Government.

But all they can do right now is, as I said, "measuring contests" with Trump et al (Spicer, Conway, Priebus).
                    And we see who's been buying into Sean Spicer's rants against the media.

Comment

It's not about policy or party. It's about politics and political views.

Mr. Obama was the standard bearer of what the WHPC* stands for. He was their icon.

Nothing better shows how he was treated for eight years than this final question from Mr. Obama's final press conference:

"Well, thank you, Mr. President. It has been an honor. ..."

Statements like that make me worry if they weren't distracted for the last eight years just like they are distracted now. Too much adoration is just as bad as too much disdain.

*WHPC - White House Press Corps
                      Are you a pop psychology major or what? None of this matters.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        Have you tried reading decent news sources? I've seen multiple that are reporting out on what he's actually doing.
                        Yes. That's how I know the answers to my questions. But, it's not the lead. It's page 21 below the fold.

But anyone who does that is the exception in today's "140 character news feed" world. That's completely dominated by "measuring".

I'm interested in what Trump does with DAPL and Keystone later today. Should be interesting.

But we'll hear about "ten minutes" as the lead all day.
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          It's obviously a "thanks for helping me beat Hillary" athletic butt-slap. He'll be gone in a year, two tops.
                          Put the over/under at 18 months and I'll put $20 on the under.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I'm interested in what Trump does with DAPL and Keystone later today. Should be interesting.
                            You don't know what he's going to do? Full steam ahead. Pipelines galore for a technology that if it doesn't start to disappear soon will destroy the planet.

Comment

Not sure if I'm up to date, but I was taught it is capitalized when used with a proper noun, as in UND President Mark Kennedy, or President DJ Trump. Otherwise it's not capitalized ... unless in reference to the President of the US.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

It sounds like Trump is going to implement s five-year ban on anyone on his administration from becoming a lobbyist. I have no idea if past presidents had similar prohibitions (Obama definitely had one).
                                Obama had a more rigorous limitation on hiring lobbyists into his administration. And although well-meaning it devastated his first two years: it denied his administration the expertise (and the contacts) of the only people who could stand up to the lobbyists on the other side. As a result he was neutered during the time he could have gotten things done. Combined with his ill-fated attempt to court sane members of the GOP and the failure of his administration to strike while the iron was hot, it effectively destroyed the chance to make the systemic changes needed to end the plutocracy's choke hold on both the government and the economy.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X