Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weekend scores 1/20->1/22

UW beats North Dakota 2-1

1-1 UND and Wisconsin 5 minutes into the third period.

At that point Lauren Williams gets unlucky as she falls down right before hitting the boards. A UND player was right there and hit her as she was falling but it was incidental caused by Williams falling. But Lauren Williams had to leave the game with what looked like a hip injury. Hopefully it didn't also hurt her head.

30 seconds later (with the crowd already riled up) Rebekah Kolstad pushes/punches Annie Pankowsi. Knocks her down. Ridiculous play and a really bad penalty at that point. UW immediately scores on the PP. I've seen Rebekah Kolstad do things like that before. (I was hoping UND would beat the Badgers up till then.. lol)

I didn't see the whole game, but I see now that was Kolstad's fourth penalty of the game
    Last edited by KTDC; 01-22-2017, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
      UW beats North Dakota 2-1

1-1 UND and Wisconsin 5 minutes into the third period.

At that point Lauren Williams gets unlucky as she falls down right before hitting the boards. A UND player was right there and hit her as she was falling but it was incidental caused by Williams falling. But Lauren Williams had to leave the game with what looked like a hip injury. Hopefully it didn't also hurt her head.

30 seconds later (with the crowd already riled up) Rebekah Kolstad pushes/punches Annie Pankowsi. Knocks her down. Ridiculous play and a really bad penalty at that point. UW immediately scores on the PP. I've seen Rebekah Kolstad do things like that before. (I was hoping UND would beat the Badgers up till then.. lol)

I didn't see the whole game, but I see now that was Kolstad's fourth penalty of the game
      There was a penalty called on Sarah Nurse that, as far as I could see, was for 'taking the puck away from the other player'.

Nurse skates over to an ND player who has the puck; Nurse takes the puck away; Nurse still has the puck when the hand goes up. The call? "Interference"

How the heck do you get an interference penalty for playing the player who has the puck?!? If they had called holding, or hooking, or... anything else, I'd have disagreed, but it would remained in the realm of the possible.

But interference?!? ***???

-------

ND was chippy as hell, and way too often, the refs let them be. Both games. Very aggressive forecheck, very aggressive D-zone breakout, trying to put the Badgers on their heels. It worked too well for comfort!

Comment

There is no doubt the officiating in the WCHA is inconsistent. If you watched the broadcast on Fox of St. Cloud an Mankato, you saw two huge blown calls. Both announcers couldn't believe it. This was a big deal as this game was regionally televised. Two teams battling it out in a great game only to have the outcome decided by the stripes. Unfortunate that this was in front of so many people watching. This stuff needs to get cleaned up if they want to be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by agfire View Post
          There is no doubt the officiating in the WCHA is inconsistent. If you watched the broadcast on Fox of St. Cloud an Mankato, you saw two huge blown calls. Both announcers couldn't believe it. This was a big deal as this game was regionally televised. Two teams battling it out in a great game only to have the outcome decided by the stripes. Unfortunate that this was in front of so many people watching. This stuff needs to get cleaned up if they want to be taken seriously.
          Dont forget the shootout goal that was not a shootout goal in Minnesota. Did not understand that one.

Comment

Originally posted by dd17 View Post
            Dont forget the shootout goal that was not a shootout goal in Minnesota. Did not understand that one.
            Hahaha......that was a good one.

It's hard to find rules covering shootouts.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
              Hahaha......that was a good one.

It's hard to find rules covering shootouts.
              The only explanation I can think of is that after the initial "save" the puck was nudged forward and in by the Gopher shooter as she veered off away from the goal. But to me it looked like the puck never made contact with her skate.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                The only explanation I can think of is that after the initial "save" the puck was nudged forward and in by the Gopher shooter as she veered off away from the goal. But to me it looked like the puck never made contact with her skate.
                A possible explanation would be that the officials considered the puck to have stopped in Sauve's equipment. Once the puck is stopped the play is over. Sauve then moved to exit the crease and in their opinion it was that movement that provided the impetus to move the puck over the line into the goal. If that's the way they saw it the correct call is no goal.
                Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Originally posted by agfire View Post
                  Why? The same crap goes on in the men's game & in the NHL and those are taken seriously.

Comment

Working...
                  X