Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ECAC-West playoff format change

Originally posted by dhammond View Post
    So apparently now the ECAC is saying there will only be 6 teams in the tournament again. A reversal of an earlier tweet.
    Why? can anyone shed some light on this?

Hopefully Nuemann & William Smith didn't find this out after the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
      Why? can anyone shed some light on this?

Hopefully Nuemann & William Smith didn't find this out after the season.
      Considering I was hearing around the rink about a week after the tweet from the league that the information on the tweet was incorrect, somebody messed up royally, but I'd also wager Neumann and WS were well aware.
      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
        Are you really that worried about Plattsburgh SOS and that keeping them out of the tournament if they lose 1 game? Otherwise it seems like pointless whining.
        No, it wasn't "pointless whining"... it was wondering the playoff schedule (were there three weeks of playoffs and games or two). At this point I would say that Plattsburgh and UWRF are locks for the tourney no matter what happens the next two weeks. Haven't looked into things enough to know anything further than that, but I'd think Middlebury or Adrian (but not both) are probably safe. After that, it's win your conference just to be sure...
        Steve
        Penn State Class of '95
        Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
          No, it wasn't "pointless whining"... it was wondering the playoff schedule (were there three weeks of playoffs and games or two). At this point I would say that Plattsburgh and UWRF are locks for the tourney no matter what happens the next two weeks. Haven't looked into things enough to know anything further than that, but I'd think Middlebury or Adrian (but not both) are probably safe. After that, it's win your conference just to be sure...
          I think Midd needs to win the NESCAC to be sure...They have six losses and a couple ties. Great SOS but you've still gotta win games.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

I can't imagine Adrian not being a lock at this point. Their only two losses on the season are to Plattsburgh and they have the head to head win over Elmira. If St Scholastica stays ranked, which they should since they won last weekend. Adrian is 7-2 vs ranked teams, Elmira is 1-4-3. Annoyingly they have taken the PDFs with the SOS ratings, but I assume Elmira's is higher since they get the bonus point for being east of Michigan. If it came down to Elmira or Adrian, it would be shocking to me if Adrian was left out. They easily win the comparison 3-1.

If Adrian is in the Pool c talk that means they probably lost to Lake Forest...so then Elmira would get compared to Either Middlebury if they lose or probably the NESCAC runner up. I suppose if Gustavus were to lose the MIAC championship they would be in the discussion as well but I don't really think anyone in the MIAC is worthy of a Pool c. Wouldn't that be something though...to irritate all you folks. The tournament being

Plattsburgh
            Middlebury
            Norwich
            Lake Forest (wins NCHA autobid)
            River Falls (pool B)
            Augsburg/St Thomas (wins MIAC auto bid)
            Gustavus (Pool C)
            Adrian (Pool C)

Would probably put
            Augs/St Thomas at River Falls
            Gustavus at Lake Forest
            Middlebury at Adrian
            Norwich at Plattsburgh

Could give ya a 3-1 west/east split on the frozen four which will be held out west. Would make the NCAA happy. Haha

I can dream right??
            Last edited by gojackets; 02-20-2017, 03:42 PM.
            UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
            NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
            Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

There are only two at large bids. In a worst-case scenerio, all of the favorites lose in their conference tourneys. Plattsburgh would seem to be a lock. That would leave one Pool C for everyone else. I haven't looked closely at the comparison, but it would appear to be Adrian vs. Middlebury for that last Pool C. Is Adrian a lock against Middlebury? I don't know the answer, but that's why I thought only Plattsburgh and River Falls were locks at this moment.
              Steve
              Penn State Class of '95

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Getting back to this thread, Neumann and William Smith have to be pretty upset about not being included in the ECAC West playoffs. Does anyone know how, when, or where the rumor about 8 teams being in the playoffs this season originated?

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                  Getting back to this thread, Neumann and William Smith have to be pretty upset about not being included in the ECAC West playoffs. Does anyone know how, when, or where the rumor about 8 teams being in the playoffs this season originated?
                  The league tweeted out the change early in the season and apparently it was deletely quietly a long time ago. I'm sure the teams all knew what the procedures were. It just was never explicitly retracted.
                  Steve
                  Penn State Class of '95

Comment

The league tweeted out the change early in the season and apparently it was deletely quietly a long time ago. I'm sure the teams all knew what the procedures were. It just was never explicitly retracted.
                    Actually, the tweet from the league was last month (the same day this thread started), and it was only deleted yesterday after the person who started this thread questioned them on it. That said, like I said before, I was told verbally 1 week after the tweet in question that it would only be the top 6. So, the teams knew what the plans really were.
                    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Working...
                    X