Patty Kazmaeir 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    One had a really good year on the ice... and one is re-writing the record books.
    Playing devil's advocate -- no goalie can put up such stellar numbers without the benefit of playing behind an incredible team.

In guessing at what UMD might look like without Stalder, and UW without Desbiens, I think UMD would take a bigger hit. Wisconsin might be a Top 5 team with a shooter tutor between the pipes.
    Ducks Fly Together

Comment

• Re: Patty Kazmaeir 2017

Originally posted by charlieconway View Post
      Playing devil's advocate -- no goalie can put up such stellar numbers without the benefit of playing behind an incredible team.

In guessing at what UMD might look like without Stalder, and UW without Desbiens, I think UMD would take a bigger hit. Wisconsin might be a Top 5 team with a shooter tutor between the pipes.
      If Sauve played in Wisconsin instead of ARD, Sauve's numbers would be about the same.

Comment

Yes, and Minnesota is a top 5 team (not everybody agrees, I suppose). It's better to be a top 2 team. No fair taking good goaltending for granted

Comment

Originally posted by crutch View Post
          If Sauve played in Wisconsin instead of ARD, Sauve's numbers would be about the same.
          If ARD played for OSU instead of Sauve, her numbers would be what they are now.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Is this seriously the discussion?!?

Amanda Leveille played on a pretty darn good team... and ARD's numbers are better.

Noora Raty played on a pretty darn good team... and ARD numbers are better.

Jessie Vetter played a pretty darn good team... and ARD's numbers are better.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
              Is this seriously the discussion?!?

Amanda Leveille played on a pretty darn good team... and ARD's numbers are better.

Noora Raty played on a pretty darn good team... and ARD numbers are better.

Jessie Vetter played a pretty darn good team... and ARD's numbers are better.
              I think part of this is to get Badger fans cranked up..and it's working. I went back and took the goalie averages of the four Wisconsin title teams. Roughly, they had a 1.24 goals against & .936 save %. Desbiens' numbers are better and it's not really close. With that said, odds are she'll give up some goals in the postseason so her numbers won't look quite that outrageous.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                If ARD played for OSU instead of Sauve, her numbers would be what they are now.
                You're thinnered up again, aren't you?

Becuase noboby beats the Sauve...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx64_N4AA04
                Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 03-03-2017, 03:27 PM.
                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                  With that said, odds are she'll give up some goals in the postseason so her numbers won't look quite that outrageous.
                  Her numbers are better this year than last, but as you say, they might go up a bit now that we are down to the best teams over the next few games.
                  GAA this year 0.69, last year 0.76
                  Save % this year 96.3, last year 96.0
                  so is she really having an "off" year as some have suggested?
                  I don’t know enough about the players in the other conferences, but if the WCHA coaches picked teams for the playoffs, you’d have to be nuts not to take Desbiens if you had the first pick.
                  If they did the same thing before the season started, you’d still have to be nuts not to pick her. In fact they did, five coaches picked her as the preseason POY. Nobody else got more than one vote.

Comment

It occurs to me that even though the two teams have played four times this year (and will play a fifth time tomorrow), Stalder and Desbiens have not faced each other. Odd, isn't it.

Comment

If the Kazmaeir winner was based on the 2 games I watched at Ridder today my choice would be Stalder of UMD. She was very impressive again. Desbiens not so much. But I suppose it's hard to look impressive when your at the other end of the rink from most of the action.
                      "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                        Desbiens not so much. But I suppose it's hard to look impressive when your at the other end of the rink from most of the action.
                        Still, just one goal against (and it was a beauty by Menke) on 19 UND shots for a .947 save percentage. Didn't do much of anything to tarnish her PK credentials.
                        And the axiom holds: It's hARD to score against ARD.
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                          It occurs to me that even though the two teams have played four times this year (and will play a fifth time tomorrow), Stalder and Desbiens have not faced each other. Odd, isn't it.
                          I had the same thought the other day (if they were going to play), very strange situation.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            I had the same thought the other day (if they were going to play), very strange situation.
                            If I had a vote, it would go to Desbiens however if I were to base it on yesterday's performance, I would have to side with Stalder. She played very well while ARD looked a little shaky, fighting the puck at times. Today will be great!

Comment

Wisconsin also had 7 games against teams averaging close to one goal a game (Mankato and Lindenwood).

Comment

• Originally posted by EastFan1 View Post
                                Wisconsin also had 7 games against teams averaging close to one goal a game (Mankato and Lindenwood).
                                +1

Hopefully Stalder finds a way to bury a pretty goal or two today.
                                Ducks Fly Together

Comment

Working...
                                X