Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Patty Kazmaeir 2017

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
    I’ll have to take your word for it, his comments are WAY beyond my comprehension.
    I'll try to help. I think he meant if your team scores more than the other guys team, your team wins, regardless if it's 10-9 or 1-0. Or to paraphrase Lt. General Forrest, "it's not the team that scores first but the one that ends with the most that wins."

Makes sense to me, but then I'm a Harding graduate so...
    Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 02-28-2017, 12:09 AM. Reason: NBF "quote"
    "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Keller's not in the top 3, hopefully T3 is doing ok. Who else will run the poll next year?
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I get the feeling there is something going on we don't know anything about. At least Pannek and Keller won't have to write speeches they wouldn't have delivered anyway.

Someone just informed me the voters must not have got the memo about putting America first.
        Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-02-2017, 02:13 PM. Reason: Memo added
        "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Keller's not in the top 3, hopefully T3 is doing ok. Who else will run the poll next year?
          SHE GOT HOSEDDDDDDDDDD
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            SHE GOT HOSEDDDDDDDDDD
            I guess it was EASTERN DEFENSE BIAS.

I am shocked that it was Stadler instead of Pannek. Looks like it was a Patty Kaz Senior final 3. I am elated for Cayley Mercer. Well deserved but my vote would be Desbiens. Her stats are just lights out this year and throughout her career.
            Last edited by vicb; 03-02-2017, 02:58 PM.
            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
              I guess it was EASTERN DEFENSE BIAS.

I am shocked that it was Stadler instead of Pannek. Looks like it was a Patty Kaz Senior final 3. I am elated for Cayley Mercer. Well deserved but my vote would be Desbiens. Her stats are just lights out this year and throughout her career.
              Stalder is definitely worthy of being in the top 3. I think it is a good top three and it's pretty much a forgone conclusion that ARD wins
              Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 03-02-2017, 04:42 PM. Reason: dislexic on Stadler
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                Stalder is definitely worthy of being in the top 3. I think it is a good top three and it's pretty much a forgone conclusion that ARD wins
                Fixed that spelling for you.

I agree that ARD is likely the "leader in the clubhouse" so to speak -- but it's going to be harder than everyone thinks to ignore Stalder's combination of strong numbers against the toughest schedule in the country, positional versatility and obvious academic success as the WCHA's Student-Athlete of the Year.

Just like the Hobey Baker on the men's side of things, this award is allegedly based on more than what takes place on the ice. That could really help Stalder pull off a bit of an upset.

No disrespect to Mercer from Clarkson, but I think enough people would agree that she is running a distant third in this race.
                Last edited by charlieconway; 03-02-2017, 03:52 PM.
                Ducks Fly Together

Comment

Originally posted by charlieconway View Post

I agree that ARD is likely the "leader in the clubhouse" so to speak -- but it's going to be harder than everyone thinks to ignore Stalder's combination of strong numbers against the toughest schedule in the country, positional versatility and obvious academic success as the WCHA's Student-Athlete of the Year.

Just like the Hobey Baker on the men's side of things, this award is allegedly based on more than what takes place on the ice. That could really help Stalder pull off a bit of an upset.

No disrespect to Mercer from Clarkson, but I think enough people would agree that she is running a distant third in this race.
                  Toss up between Stalder and ARD. Both had exceptional seasons but which one of them had the most to do with her team's success?

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                    Toss up between Stalder and ARD. Both had exceptional seasons but which one of them had the most to do with her team's success?
                    I think you could make a compelling case for either one of them. It's not just a straight-up MVP award though.
                    Ducks Fly Together

Comment

• Re: Patty Kazmaeir 2017

Thank you...corrected on the post.
                      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

well maybe it isn't obvious
                        http://www.wcha.com/women/pres1617/201703/mar2awa.php
                        WCHA player of the year

Comment

Pulled from the UW release on Desbiens:

What's almost more impressive is what Desbiens, an accounting major, has done off the ice, as she holds a 3.367 cumulative grade-point average, despite not learning English until high school.

A three-time WCHA All-Academic honoree, Desbiens has been accepted in the Wisconsin School of Business to begin her Integrated Master of Accountancy degree and has secured a top-tier accounting internship in Chicago this summer.

She also is selfless, helping teammates and fellow student-athletes adjust to college life, as last year she helped fellow international student-athlete Andy Van Vliet when he arrived to Madison from Belgium.

Desbiens also spends time before and after games meeting and chatting with young fans that look up to her as a role model and has volunteered with the Badger Life program and at the Veterans hospital.

I would suggest that the off-ice accomplishments are a wash at the very least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                            Pulled from the UW release on Desbiens:

What's almost more impressive is what Desbiens, an accounting major, has done off the ice, as she holds a 3.367 cumulative grade-point average, despite not learning English until high school.

A three-time WCHA All-Academic honoree, Desbiens has been accepted in the Wisconsin School of Business to begin her Integrated Master of Accountancy degree and has secured a top-tier accounting internship in Chicago this summer.

She also is selfless, helping teammates and fellow student-athletes adjust to college life, as last year she helped fellow international student-athlete Andy Van Vliet when he arrived to Madison from Belgium.

Desbiens also spends time before and after games meeting and chatting with young fans that look up to her as a role model and has volunteered with the Badger Life program and at the Veterans hospital.

I would suggest that the off-ice accomplishments are a wash at the very least.
                            Desbiens is also a good student, and has a lot going for her off the ice as well. Then again, I would suggest Stalder's recognition as the WCHA's Outstanding Student-Athlete means it isn't exactly a wash when comparing off-ice accomplishments.

I think it's more of a wash when you look at what they've accomplished on the ice -- and like I said, a compelling case can be made both ways.
                            Ducks Fly Together

Comment

I think it's more of a wash when you look at what they've accomplished on the ice -- and like I said, a compelling case can be made both ways.
                              One had a really good year on the ice... and one is re-writing the record books.

Comment

ARD has over 140 credits towards graduation while you only need 120 something to graduate. And she's going for her Masters in accounting. All 3 are a credit to women's hockey, but when 1 re-writes the record books in such a way that they may never be broken and her on ice performance is 50% better than her closest rival, it's over.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X